2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit with Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Fit with Racing Stripes

Decided to spice up my 09 Fit Sport with racing stripes. Check it out. BTW the Turbo decal was put on the hatch for a joke -I have done nothing to the engine. The stripes go from the front over the top of the roof to the rear.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:59 PM
mmmmmmm... no

Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
hey man it's your whip, do what you want, but I'm letting you know, nobody is going to like it, and the turbo badge needs to go.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Not my style, but if you like it then it's all good!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
I know most people on this site aren't into stripes. However I like them. Good job!

I'm still playing with ideas for mine. Did you do them yourself?

Old 05-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Well its unique but i'm not digging it really....reminds me of the silver pt cruisers that look like the OSU Buckeyes helmets I see rolling around our parts....lol

Old 05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
As far as stripes go, that's about as tasteful as I could imagine, especially with those nice wheels! Definitely lose the turbo badge though...

Old 05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
your car man, but I can appreciate the "uniqueness" of the stripes. I to at times am compelled to try different things due to the lack of the aftermarket for this car. Maybe give it a few more months and you may try another approach to tuning or customizing your car.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
No man, ignore everyone's negative comments.
I think this is my favorite GE fit.
Just add "Type R" badges, a supercharger badge (to match the turbo one of course)
and you will be in a mag in no time.

Oh yeah,.. and raise it. You need a custom lift kit.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
I'm older than most of you guys, so I can remember when just about any car could sport racing stripes (back in the 60's). I think that's pretty cool, but if it were me, I'd have gone asymmetric, and installed wider stripes off to one side.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the comments. For those of you who think that racing stripes are not your style I appreciate those comments that were like -hey not my preference -but if you like it more power to you.

For those replies that were more negative -especially those at the beginning of the post -I find your arrogance interesting --as if I was sharing these pics to gain your "expert" approval. Hate to break it to you I don't really care that you don't like them. Curious who voted you judge of what is cool with the Fit.

My sole purpose was just to show another option for an aftermarket tweek. I like it and I guess that's all that matters.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
*ahem*

what aftermarket tweek?

you choose whatever you want to do with your car, but you will be the ridicule whore to every other car enthusiast out there.

we're just being nice about it.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Not sure why you are flaming me -I was not even referencing you. Nice to see there are decent human beings on this board.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing your new stripes with us.

You must already know that whenever one does an unorthodox modification that the opinions are usually divided into both extremes (those who love it and those who hate it). Don't feel offended when some tell you that they don't like it. Trust me, they are not saying it to be mean it's just how they honestly feel. Sometimes we all need to hear both sides to fully understand how much we like a certain mod. It will either really reinforce your love for it or make you realize that it may have been a mistake. Either way, it's good to hear honest opinions (in my opinion).

Anyway, let me tell you how "I" feel about your car.

First, I dig the wheels and the car looks really clean so it's nice to see that you really take care of it.

As for the stripes? I think you made a BIG mistake (and I am happy to see that it's just vinyl and not permanent).

You see, the FIT is the first non American brand car that I have ever owned so I have spent a great deal of time hanging out with, can you guess, other American car owners at car shows and even on internet boards.

What you have done to your FIT is exactly why they call many Japanese car owners Ricers. To put Turbo or Supercharger emblems on a car that doesn't sport them shows that the owner is just a wannabe. Same with those who put on stickers of aftermarket performance mods who have also not installed them. It's not a joke as there is nothing funny about it. If you put a Turbo emblem on your lawn mower, it might be funny, but not on a car (especially one that you added "racing" stripes to.)

As for me, I didn't like the name calling but I did see their point. Unlike them, I decided to buy a Japanese car and I love it. Now that I spend time with Japanese car owners I see that many of them are just as hardcore as any American car owner that I have ever met so I am very happy to be a part of both clubs.

Back to the stripes, here are a few pics of my other car (Mercury Marauder):

Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  196.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0312.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  188.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0323.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  118.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0322.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  219.9 KB

I, like you, also like stripes on cars. However, "I" don't feel like they belong on just any car. Back in the 1960's, Mercury used to be Ford's Racing Division. As a result, the Mercury Marauders used to be Ford's racing cars.

S-55 used to be the code name for the Marauders. When Mercury reintroduced the Marauder for the 2003-2004 model years, it was designed and built to be a "Modern American Muscle Car."

Anyway, to skip a whole bunch of boring BS, "I" felt like the Marauder, given it's history, could pull of racing stripes while my GE Fit could not.

Should "my" opinion count on how "you" feel about your new mod? Heck no, but this is an internet forum and the sharing of opinions is what makes it a cool place to hang out.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
No man, ignore everyone's negative comments.
I think this is my favorite GE fit.
Just add "Type R" badges, a supercharger badge (to match the turbo one of course)
and you will be in a mag in no time.

Oh yeah,.. and raise it. You need a custom lift kit.
do you even have a fit douchebag?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Not feeling it dude....

Maybe on an older Ford or domestic, but "racing" stripes on the Fit is no. :P

Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
The stripes are too thin. If you made them wider and your car wasn't silver you would be fine.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
i'm curious to see more stripes. i also get the 60/70s feel from stripes (my parents owned a camaro ss when i was born lol). granted the fit isnt an american race car but can't stripes be like any other large graphic/design without making a statement about RACING?

i like the look of the OP's stripes ('cept i think they would look cool if they went all the way down the back bumper). the turbo... er not so much.

also, part of the community/forum thing is for people to share and sometimes it isn't what you wanna hear. don't take it personal. chances are you will feel EXACTLY the same way about someone elses mod later on.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:00 PM
This is why I avoid vinyl at all costs, and 99.9% of stickers too.

Quick Reply: Fit with Racing Stripes