2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit with Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
No man, ignore everyone's negative comments.
I think this is my favorite GE fit.
Just add "Type R" badges, a supercharger badge (to match the turbo one of course)
and you will be in a mag in no time.

Oh yeah,.. and raise it. You need a custom lift kit.
what an ignorant comment lol, bet you feel now like you're bad lol go kick yourself in your ass you fail man FAIL. is his car if he wants to put wings or whatever in his car is his problem, but if you don't like it don't post stupid comments like this YOU FAIL.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by gaby_scan
what an ignorant comment lol, bet you feel now like you're bad lol go kick yourself in your ass you fail man FAIL. is his car if he wants to put wings or whatever in his car is his problem, but if you don't like it don't post stupid comments like this YOU FAIL.
What, do you have a turbo badge on your NA fit as well?
Awwww...

Yeah, he can do all that. But I want him to know he can't post pictures of his car without people giving their opinions. That's mine, and whatever. FitFreak is too damn forgiving, and I hope to change that.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 AM
in the real world most people aren't gonna care about a turbo badge or stripes on the car. This is forum with car enthusiasts who care about their vehicle's appearance and performance...so naturally, a faux turbo badge will annoy people who really have turbos on their fits. I guess it all depends who you ask.

And this forum is extremely nice...so I do enjoy seeing people who stir up the pot. Just don't take any of this sh*t too seriously, IT'S ONLY THE INTERNET!

edit: and i'm not implying that the op is taking it too seriously. i think he's handling it well.

Last edited by Interstate526; 06-02-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Interstate526
And this forum is extremely nice...so I do enjoy seeing people who stir up the pot. Just don't take any of this sh*t too seriously, IT'S ONLY THE INTERNET!
It's exactly my point.
I hate viewing threads of people's stock fits and all the posters saying "Nice ride man! Keep it up!"

:thumbdown:

Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 AM
What, do you have a turbo badge on your NA fit as well?
Awwww...

Yeah, he can do all that. But I want him to know he can't post pictures of his car without people giving their opinions. That's mine, and whatever. FitFreak is too damn forgiving, and I hope to change that.
lmao i am not going to event reply to you because if i do i would be a failure like you. later.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:12 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by gaby_scan
lmao i am not going to event reply to you because if i do i would be a failure like you. later.
Then it looks like my work here is done.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kostar
i'm curious to see more stripes. i also get the 60/70s feel from stripes (my parents owned a camaro ss when i was born lol). granted the fit isnt an american race car but can't stripes be like any other large graphic/design without making a statement about RACING?

i like the look of the OP's stripes ('cept i think they would look cool if they went all the way down the back bumper). the turbo... er not so much.

also, part of the community/forum thing is for people to share and sometimes it isn't what you wanna hear. don't take it personal. chances are you will feel EXACTLY the same way about someone elses mod later on.
I have a fondness for various stripes. My parents had a 69 Mustang Mach 1, here's a couple general Google image shots of the same model:

Yup, stripes on the side, around the tail, and could one get any larger for the hood?

Almost bought a Camaro RS SS myself with the stripe around the front end:

Yeah, stripes were all over Camaros:

What's that buzzing? Is it a Super Bee?
Older:

Newer:

Dodge Challenger:
Older:

Newer:

See, that last images shows black on silver, and it looks good! But the stripes are WIDER, more in proportion.

Here are a couple ideas that I think would look "better" (just my opinion, no offense meant) than the narrow stripes currently on your car...

Accent that front "V" shape we have on the newer FIT, like this:

I think that would hot. And not a lot of sticker to put on, but it would accent the hood AND the car's shape, picking up those details such as the triangular headlamp look, and the triangle/wedge appearance from the side too.

Another Corvette here with stripes that split and rejoin (on our FITS, I guess they could be made to split and stay split, LOL):

Here's their page to see the stripes larger:
2005-Current Chevrolet C6 Corvette Coupe Rally Stripe Installation Notes

And I have seen a few cars with these strange forward pointing stripes above the front wheels...

There are companies that are JUST all about stripes and graphics...
Stencils & Stripes Unlimited

From their site, double stripes about the width of yours on a Nova:

That approach, at an angle, might be very interesting on the FIT. I'm going to go play around with your photo to see how it looks.

I'll tell you right now, it's an ancient photo shop type program and I'm not any good at it.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 06-03-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: fixed spelling, found smaller image
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
I have NO IDEA how to post a picture I have made out of the silver fit. uh, I guess i have to upload it somewhere.

(removed pictures)

If you like pictures, snag them, because I won't be leaving them up indefinitely.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 06-24-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: removed pictures
Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM
..............el oh el times infinity @ this thread

My fave thread of all time!

Stripes and fake badges are stupid. Teehee!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Oh god .

Old 06-03-2009, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
How about this idea, on a Citroen?:

Auto Express Car Reviews

Citroen C2 | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
^^^ hmmm. i kinda like that actually. the stripe is done creatively. it reminds me of the "diver down" flag.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Not my style, but to each his own!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
It's exactly my point.
I hate viewing threads of people's stock fits and all the posters saying "Nice ride man! Keep it up!"

:thumbdown:
What bugs me more is the constant threads where people feel they need to post pictures of their STOCK Fits.

I get it - you have a new Fit but I don't care what your stock Fit looks like because its STOCK and looks the same as the car on Honda's website.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by kevvur
What bugs me more is the constant threads where people feel they need to post pictures of their STOCK Fits.

I get it - you have a new Fit but I don't care what your stock Fit looks like because its STOCK and looks the same as the car on Honda's website.
Yes! If I want to see a stock fit, I'll just leave the house. I see old people driving them all over the place

Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I do agree kinda. But, we all posted pics of our stock Fits before. I'm guilty lol

Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Well trancedsailor, GTFO!!!
haha jk

I am also guilty of doing dumb shit on forums,.. But I learned my lesson, and that's how the world works.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
Yes! If I want to see a stock fit, I'll just leave the house. I see old people driving them all over the place
HEYYYYY, *I* am one of those old people.

You can also see stock FITs on the covers of many magazines. And on automobile websites that review and test cars.

And what makes a car look great? How it's photographed. I've seen some great images on this site. Wonderful photography. And they weren't necessarily modified.

For some, buying the car is it. We're happy.

For some, buying the car is a beginning. Something to personalize.

I like looking at the images of the cars, whether they are modified or not. Especially since the colors can look kind of "flat" on the Honda site. Cars that are hovering in a world of white. Which has never happened to me.

Seeing the colors in different lighting, with greenery behind or sun hitting the paint. Some of the cars look dramatically different depending on the lighting.

The Honda website won't show me that. But all the photos here will. And I appreciate it.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 PM
For those people who are talking bad about the stock fit posters, just remember that this is, afterall, a forum for fit owners, theyre posting because they signed up and are entitled to their post. If people doesnt like looking at the stock pics, its ok, just dont hate on the posters, and oh, you always have the option of not looking... People who said that they are once like that (noobs) please be nice to the newer ones, experience doesnt give the people the right to be a dousche...

Old 06-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Well said, but still, the senior members here are jaded. We don't really care about stock Fits. Great, you have a Fit. But stock ones remind us of why people hate them so much. Wheels + drop = post pictures.

Quick Reply: Fit with Racing Stripes