2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think I would post that video on the internet, because that could come back and bite you in the ass if the thieves are actually caught and the video is going to be used against them in court. I would watch it, and if there's any evidence, take it straight to the police.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
one time while walking to the honda dealership i saw an old accord with the 09 fit wheels i thought it was really odd, hopefully it wasn't stolen

Old 05-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
So sorry this happened to your new car. It sucks that people can't leave someone elses stuff alone. The stockers are nice rims and unfortunately
they are desired by those who either want them to roll on their own cars or
to end up selling for the cash. Times are hard and getting harder so things like this are only going to get worse. I have my key for the wheel locks hidden in my car which would require some searching to find. I hope you can get the insurance to make it right ASAP. Hope the guys who did this are on the video and brought to justice. Don't mess with the Fit!

Cat: x

Old 05-25-2009, 04:17 PM
ill keep my eye out on b20vtec.com
theres a bunch of thieves on that website n most of them are from
nj,pa, ny

but yeah for you fit owners.. just becuz you dont have a civic or an integra doesnt mean your car wont get touched.
its still a honda..
they will take anything !!!sorry for what happened tho

Old 05-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Damn that really sucks sorry you have to go through that. I find it very f'd up that none of ur neighbors heard ur car window being smashed... Hopefully the police catch those rotten thieves.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
Digital surveillance video is almost always in a proprietary format that can only be played using proprietary video player software. They'll need to include a player on the CD. If it's the real thing you can't use Quicktime or Windows Media Player. They're designed to be impossible to edit or tamper with (for evidence reasons). That's good for you if they catch the guys, but makes it hard to post and view.

Cheers.
Finally got hold of the video. They included a .exe file to play the vid clips. The camera is too far away to see their faces or lic plate. But it captured the color and make of the car when it turned the corner from another camera looking at the intersection. Hopefully the cops can get a hold of the footage from the intersection traffic cam and see if it captured their lic plate.

The thieves took less than 6 mins. to take off all four wheels. It happened at around 5:45am Saturday (the sun is already up)! Their getaway car is a BMW. I don't know which model or year because I'm not familiar with BMWs.

Anyways, I plan to put on an aftermarket car alarm since I plan to keep the car for as long as it runs (my retired Civic was still going strong after 7yrs. before it was totaled this yr by getting rear-ended). So any suggestions for a car alarm? I know nothing about them. I'd like to get one that has a silent alarm option (where the alarm notifies me through text...if this feature even exists). I'd like one where it senses if someone breaks the window or applies force to move the car. I'll start another thread just to keep things in-topic (see https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post663430 for the related car alarm topic).

Geico issued a check to bring my Fit whole again. Both the dealership and adjuster said that there was no underside body damage. However, it seems that the adjuster put down Blizzaks (snow tires for $71.30 USD each) in his estimate (instead of All-Season tires). Also, the adjuster estimated $435.91 for each OEM 16" alloy wheels (which includes 0.3 labor hr). I'm thinking that I can get better/lighter tires at Tirerack. Again, any suggestions is greatly appreciated (see https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post663427 for the related wheel topic). It'd be nice to get black or dark-colored wheels.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
so sorry for your horrible ordeal! Dont let the f***ing bastards get you down

Best choice IMO is Enki Racing RPF1 16x7 43 offset $219 at TR
13.7 lbs (5lbs lighter than stock!) Black or silver

also look into the new eco tires for + MPG like Goodyear Fuel Max, Michelin Energy Saver, Bridgestone Ecopia

Last edited by Tork; 05-28-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
check on the website i gave you
becuz ive been seeing ppl post up
2009 honda fit rims for sale.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
****... you baught your car at open road.... eeekkkk... thank god where i were there are 8 camera;s in the parking lot alone

Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by Tork
so sorry for your horrible ordeal! Dont let the f***ing bastards get you down

Best choice IMO is Enki Racing RPF1 16x7 43 offset $219 at TR
13.7 lbs (5lbs lighter than stock!) Black or silver

also look into the new eco tires for + MPG like Goodyear Fuel Max, Michelin Energy Saver, Bridgestone Ecopia

It looks nice. But I wonder how sturdy it is. I originally liked the SSR Type-C but decided to drop it because some people had issues about it bending (I think it was you and some NY guy).

Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
def go aftermarket, you can buy Volks with the kind of money you got back for the OEMS'

Old 05-29-2009, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jac-Fit
Also, the adjuster estimated $435.91 for each OEM 16" alloy wheels
Anybody want to come steal my wheels so I can justify some high dollar Japanese stuff?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I bought my Fit Sport on a Saturday and woke up the following Monday morning to find one rim missing, one with 4 missing lug nuts, and a couple of missing nuts on the other side.

I didnt have wheel locks, but do now, although I also never leave my car outside overnight anymore.

Its a pain in the ass, for sure, but when all the repairs are done the fun of a new Fit will still be there.