2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know about shooting someone in the head, but I'd def shoot em. Probably in the leg..... then when they're down...kick them in the face....repeatedly.

Sad to say, but 4x100 honda wheels are the goods to honda thieves. The fit is my first FWD honda (had an s2000). After I bought my car, all my friends said, "Now that you have that kind of honda, you have to deal possible theft" So sad, but so true.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 AM
What town is exit 11 on the TP? I'll make sure to stay away from there. **** Jersey.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. Did your car alarm go on when they broke the window?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:34 PM
man that sucks....i hope u find out who did it

Old 05-24-2009, 01:41 PM
You're the second one I think on this board to have this happen. And it hurts me more knowing that it happend to a fellow CBP >o

Good luck and hope everything works out

Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
I agree this is sad to happen to a fellow Fit owner, and CBP owner. I can't even keep count of how many Fit owners this has happened to. Hopefully everything works out with the insurance, and everything gets fixed quickly and correctly. Not even week old...... damn thieves.

check some other incidents and even within these threads others also had reported their rims stolen.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...eel-locks.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...lp-please.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...or-wheels.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...eductible.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...es-stolen.html

even back to the GD3's too
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...fit-sport.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...el-stolen.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...re-stolen.html

After reading those threads, I think if they want the rims they will take them.

I've got on the Honda OEM locks which I think are really just for show. They extend too far out the rim, that anyone can just clamp a vise grip and take them off.. I've also bought the Gorilla locks set of 20 and put 3 on each rim... So there's 4 locks they're gonna have to get through, which will probably just slow them down.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...fit-sport.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...cks-today.html

Next step is a Viper alarm upgrade to the factory system with motion sensors.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Gosh, I feel your pain. Sorry that it happened to you.
Hope they catch those bastards.
You have insurance right?

Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
What do the thieves do with them? I can't figure out why they get stolen.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
This appears to be a common problem, judging by the sheer number of "stolen wheel" threads just on this forum. I'm at a loss to explain this either.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:54 PM
im very sad for you

Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Blazer Deli
What do the thieves do with them? I can't figure out why they get stolen.

OEM wheels are worth easy cash money, and most of the time better looking, than aftermarket

Go back to your Honda dealership and get a quote for a Fit Sport wheel, and you'll see what I mean

Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vwli
Sorry to hear that. Did your car alarm go on when they broke the window?
oem alarm will not go off with broken glass. it only goes off if the door is opened while locked. lame.

I heard that dealer charges $1200 for new wheels. dunno if it included tires or not.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
The OEM Fit wheels won't really fit alot of other cars. Why would they steal them. Idiotic bastards.

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully Geico hurries up.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:28 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikejet
The OEM Fit wheels won't really fit alot of other cars. Why would they steal them. Idiotic bastards.
Uhm, they fit about 10 million or so earlier generation Civics, Accords, and Integras. Makes for a kinda big market, nes pas?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by wdb
Uhm, they fit about 10 million or so earlier generation Civics, Accords, and Integras. Makes for a kinda big market, nes pas?
With the offset they will fit but won't look right on every car. Of course that's just my opinion.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:48 AM
1 more day until I get my hands on the vid. I think it is digital (as opposed to regular tape) since the guy who works for the school said that he can give me a copy in a CD. I'll post it here.

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
What town is exit 11 on the TP? I'll make sure to stay away from there. **** Jersey.
This happened in Newark near the Rutgers & NJIT campus. I was in the process of moving out of there too (done with schooling). Moving back home until I close on a condo (with enclosed deeded parking) this summer.

On a lighter note, about half of the people who saw the Fit yesterday thought she was a hybrid, including the tow truck driver. And 2 people didn't even know what a Fit is (plus I got the impression that the 911 op didn't know it either).

We took off my totaled Civic's wheels and placed it on the Fit so that she won't have to be dragged onto the flatbed tow truck. She's now sitting inside the dealership's Service garage awaiting inspection from Geico's adjuster. I tried ordering the OEM tires from 4 different dealers so we won't have to go to the trouble of taking off wheels from the Civic. But none of them had any in stock.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jac-Fit
1 more day until I get my hands on the vid. I think it is digital (as opposed to regular tape) since the guy who works for the school said that he can give me a copy in a CD. I'll post it here.
Digital surveillance video is almost always in a proprietary format that can only be played using proprietary video player software. They'll need to include a player on the CD. If it's the real thing you can't use Quicktime or Windows Media Player. They're designed to be impossible to edit or tamper with (for evidence reasons). That's good for you if they catch the guys, but makes it hard to post and view.

Cheers.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, not too surprising seeing how many people have scraped up their rims this past winter (including me). It's about that time of year that chop shops/theives start stealing fresh new rims. Stupid thin rubbers!

I think I'm gonna invest in some security soon...although I do live in ND (farm trucks will get jacked over my "rice-burnin' matchbox car")!!! Feel bad for you guy...hope you can get them!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SportMTNavi
Digital surveillance video is almost always in a proprietary format that can only be played using proprietary video player software. They'll need to include a player on the CD. If it's the real thing you can't use Quicktime or Windows Media Player. They're designed to be impossible to edit or tamper with (for evidence reasons). That's good for you if they catch the guys, but makes it hard to post and view.

Cheers.
All true, but like anything else there are several workarounds available. The easiest is for him to simply rip the CD in it's entirety, and host/share the data for us to download. (would include video, and player)

Or, the OP could watch the video on his PC and have a (free) screen capture program running in the background as well. This saves the video to .avi file, where he could post on Youtube or anywhere else for all to see.

I have used this free screen capture program in the past with success (it records streaming content on the screen, which some programs are not able to do):

CapturePad - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
All true, but like anything else there are several workarounds available. The easiest is for him to simply rip the CD in it's entirety, and host/share the data for us to download. (would include video, and player)

Or, the OP could watch the video on his PC and have a (free) screen capture program running in the background as well. This saves the video to .avi file, where he could post on Youtube or anywhere else for all to see.

I have used this free screen capture program in the past with success (it records streaming content on the screen, which some programs are not able to do):

CapturePad - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
Thanks for the tips. I have a "highlight reel" of high school surveillance video that I'd like to convert so that I can use it for other purposes. I'll give that a try.

In the meantime, I'm still puzzled by the rash of wheel thefts. I like my OEM wheels, but they're certainly nothing special. Nobody out here in the country even understands the concept of a Fit (which would fit in the beds of their pickups) so I don't worry about them here, but we're going to Boston soon...

Love to see jac-Fit catch the thieves on video.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Bad luck