2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'09 Sport grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Im waiting for the J's grill. I dont like any of the options we have now.
+1 the sport grille is ok but I want something more unique.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
^^^ hmm i been trying to see a pic of this.. looks nice!! got me thinking now!

Old 05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
lol wth did u delete ur post. i love it with the red badge. looks nice!!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SSM FiT with Sports Grille

Here's my SSM FiT with Sports Grille and red Honda badge.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by runbikerun
I'd still like the stock honecomb if I could totally eliminate the H logo.
Yes, less the "H" logo I think it would look much better. It isn't exactly ugly just the way it is...

Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking Mugen now that I've seen a few more pics...

(images are thumbies so click away for full size)

Picture crystal black on storm silver...instead of silver on silver. I think any gap between the color matched portion to the body will look less "evident" going black on silver (or any other color actually)

The car show pics make what I'm trying to say maybe a little more clear?

Not the most flattering picture but comparing the pics of the white unit installed and the "Mugen" car show picture kinda demonstrates what I'm trying to get at...the red one seems to have a piss poor installation from the pics though I'm sure it's more lighting and angle than anything else.

Bottom line...picture a Storm Silver with a completely black Mugen grill...I think it will work to pretty good effect.

Thoughts?

(just so ya know, the picture I posted of the piss poor install on the red unit looks as piss poor on all the others angles I viewed)

Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 PM
dgs
What I really wish was available is a lower mesh style grill. I could care less what kind of grill is on top of the bumper, it's below the bumper than concerns me with that huge opening. The condenser is completely exposed to rocks and bugs. If Honda didn't want to spend the money to add a grill to that area they should have at least made one available as an OEM part. I have to imagine Honda is going to be seeing a lot of warranty returns due to the poor design.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
I have the mugen grill installed, and i was contemplated the sport grill. I like em both, but decided on the mugen to hold me over until I do the JDM conversion.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Question

I like the way the sport grill looks. But I just ordered the red H emblems for my fit sport. The the emblems all the same size???

Old 05-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by dgs
What I really wish was available is a lower mesh style grill. I could care less what kind of grill is on top of the bumper, it's below the bumper than concerns me with that huge opening. The condenser is completely exposed to rocks and bugs. If Honda didn't want to spend the money to add a grill to that area they should have at least made one available as an OEM part. I have to imagine Honda is going to be seeing a lot of warranty returns due to the poor design.
Lots of people have had this issue/complaint. Here is pics of mine...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post623833

Last edited by Committobefit08; 05-24-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by dgs
I would think that a DIY mesh behind the lower would be a fairly easy task? Here's a link to McMaster Carr McMaster-Carr There's a bunch of things you could do with any number of materials on this page. Just about evey car ever designed has some sort of weakness, whether it be perceived or real. You can choose to be negative and bitch to the manufacturer or you can be creative and do something about it and share your fix with the rest of us

Old 06-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Old 09-14-2009, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Why exactly doesn't the "Sport" grill come on the Fit Sport?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by G0dXilla
Why exactly doesn't the "Sport" grill come on the Fit Sport?
That's the million dollar question. Doesn't make sense does it.
just like everyone else in the world...its cost savings and people just like to nickel and dime you.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
The sport grill is nece and I was considering that one but once I saw the Mugen grill I knew I had to have that one. Either choice looks really nice!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Props to you! It's such a nice setup I can't stop looking at it. IMO the stock sport grill looks best if going with red emblems and mugen is MUGEN. But this option is super clean like this!

Originally Posted by umop-apisdn
Here's my Fit's sport grill. Blacked out.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
JDP, where are you? You are losing sales here. You're grill looks more amazing than the Honda OEM sports grille or the Mugen grille. I'm itching for a debadged sport grille! Mugen looks good but it says Mugen on it!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
It amazes me how much tastes vary. I have the stock grille on my sport and I like it. I wouldn't invest bucks to change it out, that's for sure. I'd sooner put that budget into body side mouldings. But everyones attention to detail varies, of course. However, I DO agree that a sport grille should be stock on a sport car!

It's all about making money, plain and simple.

Dan

Old 09-15-2009, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
It amazes me how much tastes vary. I have the stock grille on my sport and I like it. I wouldn't invest bucks to change it out, that's for sure. I'd sooner put that budget into body side mouldings. But everyones attention to detail varies, of course. However, I DO agree that a sport grille should be stock on a sport car!

It's all about making money, plain and simple.

Dan
Initially that was the one thing I did not like about my Fit. But now after a couple of months it has grown on me. Also the cost of replacement ones are just too much to justify. Hell how many people looking at your Fit would ever realized you spent a lot of bucks to change it?

Now having said that I want new wheels. I was so happy when i bought the car that it car with alloys but reading on here and looking at the pics I want Taffy white ones.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Initially that was the one thing I did not like about my Fit. But now after a couple of months it has grown on me. Also the cost of replacement ones are just too much to justify. Hell how many people looking at your Fit would ever realized you spent a lot of bucks to change it?

Now having said that I want new wheels. I was so happy when i bought the car that it car with alloys but reading on here and looking at the pics I want Taffy white ones.

I like the sports grille but like you said they are just too costly to me.
I ended up just customizing mine myself. I know not everyone will like it but I like it. Makes the Fit a little more stealth imo. Cost me $6 for spray paint and clear.
BTW yes the back matches.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 09-15-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quick Reply: '09 Sport grill