2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit Base to Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Fit Base to Fit Sport?

so i'm thinking the Fit base front bumper is kind of ugly.. so i was thinking of buying the Sport front bumper and side skirts. what would i need parts wise for this? would i just need the bumper or do i need a new grill as well? i've been looking on bernardi and it looks like i just need the bumper. any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:25 PM
im not sure if anyone done this before, re-bar should all be the same and the mounting points then all you need is the bumper.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
You would also need the foglights and all the wiring involved. Also a new headlight stalk thing that has a switch to turn on the foglights. Not sure what else.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:32 PM
imo the base bumper looks better but thats my opinion and doesnt really apply here..

the grill should be the same for the base bumper and the sport bumper.. and as for the fog switch... im sure u can use the base foglight button kit with the sport fogs... as long as the wiring is sorted out

Old 05-08-2009, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
looks like im going to be pioneering this lol. knowing my luck, they're be some really nice lip kits that come out just as i get finished this haha. i'm not even sure i want fogs, i'd have to see how much they are and what i have at the time, tomorrow or monday i'll go down to teh dealership and price out the bumper

Old 05-08-2009, 01:06 AM
My vote is to keep the bumper. Lower the Fit should be your next priority, assuming you are working on exterior first. If I were you, I would purchase the sides and rear, as they look and function nicely for our cars. Then, hopefully a front lip will be developed for the base front bumper, and then it will flow with the side skirts and rear bumper.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 AM
Base bumper FTW!

Name:  DSC06120.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  70.9 KB

Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
sport bumper is a no go, the dealership said they would have to install it or elseit would void my warrenty. i think they're just full of sh!t and trying to get more money

Old 05-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Tell them gtfo! i work at a dealership... they can only void parts of the warranty where the modification caused a malfunction... ex... installing springs in your car won't affect the warranty for your airbags!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by dela
imo the base bumper looks better but thats my opinion and doesnt really apply here..

the grill should be the same for the base bumper and the sport bumper.. and as for the fog switch... im sure u can use the base foglight button kit with the sport fogs... as long as the wiring is sorted out
I agree that the base bumper looks better than the sport. And that isn't just because I am a base owner. I don't like the way the fog lights look and also the base has a painted grill where the sport has a flat black grill that has a cheap look to it. That goes to my next comment, the grills are different. I am not 100% sure but looks like the sport grill is a separate snap in type of peice where the base is all one piece with the bumper.

I am not surpised the stealership told you that they had to install it. It isn't good enought that you are buying their overpriced part. They want to charge you overpriced labor as well. Someone like me who is not mechanically savvy on cars can replace the Fit bumper.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
well i used to work at that same dealership, so i think all they're doing is trying to pick my pockets, so i think i'll wait until some lip kits come out or some solid info on some kits for the usdm fit.

thanks for all the help guys

Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by it's pronounced iVTEC
sport bumper is a no go, the dealership said they would have to install it or elseit would void my warrenty. i think they're just full of sh!t and trying to get more money
Go to another dealer.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:42 AM
so i'm thinking the Fit base front bumper is kind of ugly.. so i was thinking of buying the Sport front bumper and side skirts. what would i need parts wise for this? would i just need the bumper or do i need a new grill as well? i've been looking on bernardi and it looks like i just need the bumper. any help would be appreciated.
can you tell me where you buy parts? i'm interested to buy too

Old 05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I have done the spoiler and side skirt for base model, yeah, but u will need to drill some holes to make it fit on your car

Before Side skirts installed

After, and lowered too! XD

Under Interior/bumper - Molding protector

Part # for Side Skirts
Right
71800-TF0-J01ZX (X=color code)
Left
71850-TF0-J01ZX
Clip
91514-TF0-003 x4

See if you can make square holes on your car for each side sill garnish clip (which already included on the side skirts) to make it stick on your car.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
i wasn't interested in the spoiler, i think it kind of looks odd on the car

but i found most of the parts on Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Old 05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
do you know if these parts are compatible with all fit/jazz japan/usa/europe version?

Old 05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gyanluka
do you know if these parts are compatible with all fit/jazz japan/usa/europe version?
i'm pretty sure that the usdm fit sport front end won't fit the european models, due to there is probably a different bumper design all together

Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by gyanluka
things are compatible... but you probably wouldn't want to do it... you will need things like new core support, hood, fenders, headlights, bumpers and many other things to make it work...

i agree tho the jdm front end does look a lot better than the usdm ones...

Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 PM
all those things to change bumper only?!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, only if you want to do a usdm to european conversion though. pretty ridiculous eh?

Quick Reply: Fit Base to Fit Sport?