2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

OEM Hands Free Link kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:50 AM
A few pics (sorry I always plan to document the whole install then get too excited and forget to take pictures):

Parrot control box, blue box mounted above HVAC air duct. Wires on left go to harness, (thin brown and green ones not used, might clip those eventually). Wires on right go to display and mic. I used those Command strips to mount so I could remove them in the future:

Mic closeup:

Display closeup- note signal strength and phone info:

Display driver's view:

Old 05-24-2009, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Nice job! A very clean install.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 AM
I just installed the BlueConnect (the manufacturer of Honda's HFL device makes one for universal installation) into my fit, using the Honda HFL harness.

It only cost me $250 for the device (which includes a universal harness, three wires) and $60 for the HFL connection kit.

If you drive a lot, and find yourself in the car when your phone rings, do it. The voice recognition is pretty good, and I can speak normally and it understands me.

The roadnoise is almost completely eliminated with the BlueConnect/HFL. If I'm driving 50mph, with the fan in my GE on 1, nobody knows I'm in the car. With the fan on 3, the other end can hear a little difference in the audio quality. At 90mph, I'm told that the road noise is there only when I speak, but not bad enough to be irritating in a conference call. Most of the time the other end can't tell I'm driving.

The Honda harness isn't needed, but I'd highly reccomend it over tapping the under-dash wires/fuses. Do it the correct way, and if you run into an issue, the dealership will have no ground to stand on if they accuse you of causing the problem.

I'm happy with my setup, and like I said, my father is buying the same one after using mine.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:41 PM
I posted this in another spot as well but I can recommend the quickconnect with parrot system. Great system in two previous cars. Probably perfect for the non-factory installed choice. I was primarily looking for a more permanent solution with the Fit Nav and Voice Activation Button. You would think it wouldn't cost Honda too much more to make that bluetooth ready. Or to have a Honda part to make it work.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jgaepi
I posted this in another spot as well but I can recommend the quickconnect with parrot system. Great system in two previous cars. Probably perfect for the non-factory installed choice. I was primarily looking for a more permanent solution with the Fit Nav and Voice Activation Button. You would think it wouldn't cost Honda too much more to make that bluetooth ready. Or to have a Honda part to make it work.
does the parrot system work with the factory nav?

Old 08-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I wish, it is an independent system. I originally was looking for a Honda accessory that connected bluetooth with the Nav and Voice Activation Button. Something that would seem obvious to me. They didn't need to include it as standard equipment, but at least have some Honda $250 accessory that you can buy at sale and have dealer install. But no. So for aftermarket independent equipment, I think the Parrot is the best option. Small, looks good, etc.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
College Hills Honda is selling the Bluetooth Handsfree Link
Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2010 Honda Fit Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices

They have the installation instructions in a PDF File too.