2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Calling all 09 fit owners for help ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Calling all 09 fit owners for help ?

so does the sport model of the fit come with a usb for ipod or is this extra.
below is a link of what im talking bout.

2009 Honda Fit - Features - USB Audio Interface (Fit Sport)

Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
what it comes with is the USB port in the glove box.

To hook up the ipod, you use the USB cord that came with your ipod to hook up to your computer.

Or you can buy a new one for >$15.

Hope that helps!

Also, you can plug in a USB flash drive that is full of music and play off of that.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Its an extra piece as far as I know with my car it has a port for the USB and in the upper glove box. I am unsure about the navi models.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by andre181
what it comes with is the USB port in the glove box.

To hook up the ipod, you use the USB cord that came with your ipod to hook up to your computer.

Or you can buy a new one for >$15.

Hope that helps!

Also, you can plug in a USB flash drive that is full of music and play off of that.
ok cool that what i wanted to know.
so i can just use the apple cable that came with ipod.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes just use the usb cable that came with the ipod....thats what I did, but I find it alot easier to just use a usb thumb drive. I have the NAVI SPORT.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dlewis711
Yes just use the usb cable that came with the ipod....thats what I did, but I find it alot easier to just use a usb thumb drive. I have the NAVI SPORT.
is the navi that good to spend the extra money?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
its $1800 extra. there was this thread that was up where someone did a conversion for like $700 (the unit was $600).

I say no.

edit: click me

Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
VSA also comes with the NAVI as a package.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
came stock with the usb for mee =]

Old 04-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Not to sound like an asshole but you do realize the link you provided answered your question right?

DOH! lawlz

Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AtticusFit

The Navi by itself, probably not. However, you do get the Vehicle Stability Assist, and a much sexier looking display for your audio. The downside is that idiot screen, and the need to click 'O.K.' every time you start the car. Some day, I pray, there will be a software update.

That USB port, which was the original subject of this thread, is in the upper glove box. You can still use the lower glove box to store the usual glove box stuff, and the upper one can hold your iPod conveniently, and out of sight if you close the door. Neither glove box locks, but that is the nature of cost control engineering on a car in this price bracket.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't say that the navi alone is worth the extra $1800, but having the VSA and steering wheel mounted audio controls bundled with it is well worth it.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
I can’t comment on the advantages of the navi interface as I don’t have the feature, but I do use the USB interface regularly and, indeed, this feature was one of the main reasons I purchased the car in the first place. Beware that, in practical terms, the USB interface is only good if you have a small number of albums on your USB drive. While the software is advertised as being capable of handling up to 700 folders, the scroll feature only permits you to search from the top of the directory down, and is wholly linear in its action, so that you can’t jump ahead quickly if you have to get to a folder far down on the list. This means that it can literally take several minutes to scroll to a particular album if you have many albums on your drive. As well, the folders are displayed in the order which they were written to the drive, not alphabetically (although there are workarounds–search for other treads addressing this), and so things quickly become very confusing. I had planned to use my commute time to carefully explore influences between different composers, something that requires that you have many albums at hand so that you can pursue connections that occur to you as you’re listening carefully to the music, but this plan has been entirely frustrated. I’ve sent a carefully written letter to Honda America about this, hoping that they would at least update the firmware; they are polite but wholly indifferent to my concerns.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I wouldn't say that the navi alone is worth the extra $1800, but having the VSA and steering wheel mounted audio controls bundled with it is well worth it.

I had forgotten that the steering wheel audio controls are also a part of the Navi package. Very handy.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by jelliotlevy

The Navi by itself, probably not. However, you do get the Vehicle Stability Assist, and a much sexier looking display for your audio. The downside is that idiot screen, and the need to click 'O.K.' every time you start the car. Some day, I pray, there will be a software update.

That USB port, which was the original subject of this thread, is in the upper glove box. You can still use the lower glove box to store the usual glove box stuff, and the upper one can hold your iPod conveniently, and out of sight if you close the door. Neither glove box locks, but that is the nature of cost control engineering on a car in this price bracket.
I got the navi and I love it especially cause the iPod plays instantly. I have an aftermarket deck in my other car and have to wait 1 minute for it to read it. Also the vsa and steering wheel controls r really nice. As for the ok button u don't gave to click it it goes away after like 30-45 seconds, then displays the clock. The ok button is only for if u want to use the navi u have to click ok.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Eugene.Atget
I can’t comment on the advantages of the navi interface as I don’t have the feature, but I do use the USB interface regularly and, indeed, this feature was one of the main reasons I purchased the car in the first place. Beware that, in practical terms, the USB interface is only good if you have a small number of albums on your USB drive. While the software is advertised as being capable of handling up to 700 folders, the scroll feature only permits you to search from the top of the directory down, and is wholly linear in its action, so that you can’t jump ahead quickly if you have to get to a folder far down on the list. This means that it can literally take several minutes to scroll to a particular album if you have many albums on your drive. As well, the folders are displayed in the order which they were written to the drive, not alphabetically (although there are workarounds–search for other treads addressing this), and so things quickly become very confusing. I had planned to use my commute time to carefully explore influences between different composers, something that requires that you have many albums at hand so that you can pursue connections that occur to you as you’re listening carefully to the music, but this plan has been entirely frustrated. I’ve sent a carefully written letter to Honda America about this, hoping that they would at least update the firmware; they are polite but wholly indifferent to my concerns.

It's deja vu all over again, for those of us who also have experience with BMW - and the infamous iDrive (i stands for idiotic,in many owners' experience). However, BMW does regularly come out with software updates, and dealers can usually be talked into installing them for complaining customers. We Fit owners should be on the lookout for updates. Is there a better source other than calling up the dealer's service department every few months? Anyone have an idea?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 PM
mine didn't came with it.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for all the input guys picked my up tonite.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
Not to sound like an asshole but you do realize the link you provided answered your question right?

DOH! lawlz
wasnt sure if this option was only the the navi sport.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I've got a Sport with no navi, picked it up tonight, and there's an 80 GB external drive sitting in my glove box fulla music now. Works fine off a thumb drive too. I also keep my EeePC laptop in there, and can play stuff directly off that if I need to through the Aux port, which is also pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Calling all 09 fit owners for help ?