2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Group Buy: JDM GE8 Goodies - R/L/RS Taillights etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Group Buy: JDM GE8 Goodies - R/L/RS Taillights etc

Anyone interested in getting JDM tail-lights for their GE8? I so happen to be staying in Tokyo for 2 weeks so I cna stop by a Honda Dealership and order them.

In fact, I just ordered a pair of GE8 tailights (JDM Type L) for my buddy from a Honda dealership in Ikebukuro and will be picking them up tomorrow afternoon.

Since I am only buying one set, with the exchange rates today, the set cost somewhere between 300-320 USD. However, ff we have enough people supporting a group buy, I may be able to do a bulk purchase (cost less per unit??) while I am in Japan and ship them back to my home in Canada and then redistribute it.

Again, just testing water... but if theres enough interest, we can make it happen =)

FYI - JDM Type G/L tail-lights are non-LED; Type RS is LED.

I will update the est shipping price to Canada tomorrow... then we cna work out how much the lamps will cost.

Sidenote: I can also get JDM Hazard light switch, auto climate control, MIrror casing with LED AND Folding mirrors.

Not really going to recommend Folding mirrors cos the assembly itself is near 1100 USD, not to mention tax and shipping... May as well wait for AJR where they have better purchasing power thus lower price.

Old 04-13-2009, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
I'm definitely interested and I probably live within driving distance of you so that would make things even cheaper. Please post some prices for what you can source and I'll keep watching this thread. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2009, 03:19 AM
5 Year Member
OK, I got these things for my buddy so this is the RETAIL price:

1) JDM GE8 Type L Taillight - 320 USD / pair (set)
2) JDM GE8 Hazard Light - 32 USD

I will be in Japan until Apr 26th... so if you guys are interested in getting some good deals, now may be the time. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

*Disclaimer*
I AM NOT COMPETING WITH ANY RESELERS ON FF COMMUNITY - I AM JUST TRYING TO DO MY PART AS A GOOD FITFREAK AND THIS MAY BE A ONE TIME OFFER ONLY =\

Old 04-13-2009, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Guinness, you have mail.
Enjoy your vacation and have a safe trip back.

Last edited by Benggolf; 04-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:18 AM
hi buddy you mean this LED Taillight?

Name:  DSC00041.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  13.5 KB

Name:  DSC00834-1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  15.6 KB

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ge-08-present/

i have 5 until 10 sets of them
tell me if you interest in this

Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
I believe so, I havent get to check the actual RS yet but that lolks like it. I only get to see the G / L so far.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
I do want both that damn hazzard and the non led tail lights as they are just plug and play, but Im sure it would just be a hassel for you more then anything

Ill see if my shop here can order direct from honda japan

Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Guinness
I believe so, I havent get to check the actual RS yet but that lolks like it. I only get to see the G / L so far.
hei guinness is that light do you looking at brother?
sorry if im interupt this.........

Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AP_ONE
I do want both that damn hazzard and the non led tail lights as they are just plug and play, but Im sure it would just be a hassel for you more then anything

Ill see if my shop here can order direct from honda japan
I can get these two items today and then hthe dealer will have it for me by tmr. I can then have it ship to you and you should prolly get it within a week (if I use the super quick JAPAN EMS)...

PM me ur address and I can find out the shipping cost for you.

Yave a sports model, you sure u want to go for the non-LED? youc an make an RS out of urs imo =\

Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
This is my order list so far.. I bring this up from the GVRD Thread... anyone need to add anything before I place an order?

Also, at this rate, I MAY have to ask you guys to paypal me first before I can buy things. This allows me to kep track of who paid what and I have more $$ to order. I will give you a price quote tomorrow and then we go from there.

Again, prices I know so far:

1) JDM GE8 Type L Taillight - 320 USD / pair (set)
2) JDM GE8 Hazard Light - 32 USD / ea

Will try to get the price for GE LED Mirror cover price as well... stay tone

Like my idea? Add Rep please *ahem* =D

=======================================
Please sign up and tell me what you want below:

1) Aspire (GD): JDM Folding Mirror switch (Pending photo of the back of the button to see plug spec)

2) Fitster(GD): OEM Visor and Haz Button

3) 1WayFit (GD): Clear Side Markers and LED 3rd STop Light

4) Brit (GD): Flare thingie (Need more explaination or photo - beats a 1K word )

5) Tdubl: Amber Button, you mean the Haz Button? Need to know your car model - GE or GD?

6) Scaldy (GE): Type G / L non-LED Taillights + Haz Button

7) Benggolf (GE): RS and i-vtec emblem - I dunno if I can get the i-vtec, never seen them before...

Last edited by Guinness; 04-13-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
ok... com someone explain to me about the tail lights? i'm thinking about joining the list, but wanna know my options for the 09 fit sport.... i tried to search but didn't really get any pics from it...

Old 04-14-2009, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
You have mail Guinness

Old 04-14-2009, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 90crxfreak
ok... com someone explain to me about the tail lights? i'm thinking about joining the list, but wanna know my options for the 09 fit sport.... i tried to search but didn't really get any pics from it...
Check this link... youc an find all sorts of info on the differnt types of Fit - Type G / L/ RS / Highway etc.

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/type/index.html

One sidenote: I CANNOT GET ANYONE A FWD Fit or the GLASS ROOF Assembly... its beyond my purchasing power... not to mention that there is NO WAY I can EMS that thing... I can only buy small JDM accessories... anything hardcore - go to AJR @@

Last edited by Guinness; 04-14-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
I might be interested in the oem visor? Is this a bigger visor than the one visor above the drivers seat?

I can't see spending money on the JDM tail lights or JDM Hazard atm.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
I'm surprised it's this easy to buy parts....from what I recall Honda japan is pretty anal about just selling parts to anyone, i.e., they ask for a VIN number before they'll sell you stuff? Maybe it's just dependent on the dealership....

Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M4psycho
I'm surprised it's this easy to buy parts....from what I recall Honda japan is pretty anal about just selling parts to anyone, i.e., they ask for a VIN number before they'll sell you stuff? Maybe it's just dependent on the dealership....
They are hard to deal with, but thats cos they dun want cust complaint down the road and things are non-refundable....

But once they gain teh confindence in you and feel taht you know what you are dong, they are super supportive.

I was even offered a ice coffee and a slice of cake - free - when i was discussing parts order with the parts chief (aka masterchief from his colleagues). I dun remember the last time I have a free drink offered to me in North America... a hot coffee cost a dollar =\

Old 04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Seems like there isnt much interest on GE stuff other than small items like Emblems or switches...??

If you guys are still interested, please singup below:

eg: username // parts wanted

I'll work out the pricing for the lights and see if theres any group buy discount... best I can try is lower it by 40 bucks maybe?? @@

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
besides having a whole front clip with dave (jdm sir) brought back for his GE, I dont think there's anything left.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
UPDATED APR 15/09 - Check BLUE words:

ATTENTION~!! I GOT THE PRICES FROM HONDA DEALERSHIP TODAY. PRICES ARE LISTED BELOW AND FIRM:

======================

NON-LED TAIL-LIGHTS (FOR TYPE G / L):
USD 280 / PAIR

LED TAIL-LIGHTS (FOR TYPE RS):
USD 380 / PAIR

3RD CLEAR LED BRAKE LIGHT:
USD 220 / EACH

JDM SIDE MIRROR COVERS WITH LED:
USD 175 / PAIR

RED HONDA EMBLEM (FRONT / REAR):
USD 85 / SET

RS EMBLEM:
USD 20

JDM HAZARD SWITCH:
USD 30

===================

Order Deadline is Thu Apr 16 @ 1800 / 6PM PST to make a decision (Fri @ 1000 Japan Time). I need to set up a deadline because it may take the dealership 2-3 days to get everything IF ITS A BIG ORDER.

If you want anything, please help me out by sending me a PM in the following format:

Shipping Address:
EMAIL Address:
Items needed - Unit price :
Total Amt$:

This will help me sort out who needs what and how much to invoice via paypal (will add 3% due to paypal policy - its not my call =\). Like I said, I do this not for profit, but because my buddy wants some GE stuff and I so happen to be in Japan, I may as well do everyone on FF a favor.

So, once again, I will add 5% Japan Sales Tax and 3% Paypal Fee to the TOTAL AMT when you make the purchase.

There is no shipping fee as of yet. If we have a lot to ship, I will bulk ship everything back to Vancouver BC and then we go from there. Splitting shipping fee among everyone is cheaper than charging seperately anyway.

Have fun and PM if you have any questions~

Want to thank me? Two ways: Donation for my time / service - I would REALLY appreciate it =D. Otherwise, +Rep will be nice too =)

Last edited by Guinness; 04-15-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Guinness
======================

NON-LED TAIL-LIGHTS (FOR TYPE G / L):
USD 280 / PAIR

3RD CLEAR LED BRAKE LIGHT:
USD 220 / EACH

JDM SIDE MIRROR COVERS WITH LED:
USD 175 / PAIR

RED HONDA EMBLEM (FRONT / REAR):
USD 85 / SET

RS EMBLEM:
USD 20

===================
Good prices... I only wish I had the $$$...

Quick Reply: Group Buy: JDM GE8 Goodies - R/L/RS Taillights etc