2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by RoulantG
Installed a Takeda attack intake last night!.
I installed the same intake a couple days prior to you.
Def sounds nice, maybe a bit more power past 4k rpm but its traded for a slight loss below 4k. I notice shifting into gears has less initial torque but then you feel it gain more momentum as the revs climb.
Better feel up top but not really any faster honestly. We might shave a sliver off a 1/4 mile time, but also possibly slower from stop sign to stop sign.
Does sound way better, cars more fun to drive overall.
I drove to work in pouring rain yesterday and the filter was dry when i arrived.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I cannot imagine what ‘vtec crossover’ would sound like in a Fit. I really dislike how the car sounds above 4k rpm.
It's actually a lot more pleasing after the intake install. I agree, you cant hear the crossover much with the airbox, and the sound isn't great.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:21 AM
Installed Spoon B-pipe and Mugen Axle Back. Absolutely stoked about the deep tone and rumble it’s quiet but awesome. Not loud or ricey at all. Also, swapped out my Stellar V's tail lights for some smoked LED light bars since a bunch of diodes burned out after using the wrong resistor to cancel hyperflash. Sad to see the Stellar V's go but kind of digging the new look. Had to un pin one of the wiring harnesses on the light bars to in order to get a proper connection to the USDM harness. Added Progress Rear Sway bar. Loving the new new.

Last edited by mikeymanifest1; 09-29-2021 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2021, 12:58 AM
Christmas came early

RSR SPORTS-I coilovers! I’m stoked! Waiting on replacement rubber and nuts in the shock and strut mount kit and ready to get busy!

Old 10-06-2021, 12:46 AM
installed my hks exhaust, changed out intake filter, secured my cf lip with more screws.

my exhaust sounds deep but it is not too loud. I can feel the hp but with the expense of losing like 4 mpg lol

Name:  FYGPGWM.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  354.0 KB

Name:  t74MftG.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  437.3 KB

Last edited by slvrsoul.fit; 10-06-2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2021, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
You shouldn’t lose any mpg from an exhaust.

nor do you gain any power.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:30 AM
slvrsoul.fit mentions new intake filter also. So maybe more fuel in, more gases out, could be why he feels more power and would likely be effecting mpg. slvrsoul.fit's ear might be effecting his mpg also. The new sound affect effecting the ear to right foot connection, HA!

Old 10-10-2021, 11:15 PM
Sounds like your right foot got heavier.

Old 10-17-2021, 02:52 AM
Installed my retrofitted projector headlights with clear side markers from 818 retrofits. The output on these are crazy! Clean beam pattern and it lights up the entire street and signs at night 🤣. totally worth it

Name:  zCpkEoX.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  412.7 KB

Old 10-17-2021, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by slvrsoul.fit
Installed my retrofitted projector headlights with clear side markers from 818 retrofits. The output on these are crazy! Clean beam pattern and it lights up the entire street and signs at night 🤣. totally worth it

Clean! I was going to do my own chrome version...but i might just be lazy and give in eventually... and buy from 808, especially since he makes that sweet clear side marker.
Ps. Chrome bulbs in there vs the amber would look great

Old 10-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by mikeymanifest1
Installed Spoon B-pipe and Mugen Axle Back. Absolutely stoked about the deep tone and rumble it’s quiet but awesome. Not loud or ricey at all. Also, swapped out my Stellar V's tail lights for some smoked LED light bars since a bunch of diodes burned out after using the wrong resistor to cancel hyperflash. Sad to see the Stellar V's go but kind of digging the new look. Had to un pin one of the wiring harnesses on the light bars to in order to get a proper connection to the USDM harness. Added Progress Rear Sway bar. Loving the new new.

Nice upgrades!
And that bumper. I need that. Eventually i will have one! Did u have to get it imported or dis u luck out locally?

Old 10-18-2021, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by webworks
Glad to see there’s still activity with the fits. Been a long time coming but I’m starting to work on the fit more.

Did oil change, air filter, and changed my fogs to morimoto xb. Probably going to change over to prefacelift front end at some point so I’ll have to figure out how to fit them into the older housings.

Gathered almost all the parts to start my retrofit soon. Cant wait to get this done
Which fog lights did you use? I've looked for morimoto xb fogs for my 09 Fit Sport but can't find any. Did you just make them work or was it a Fit specific set?

Old 10-18-2021, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Finally replaced my rusted hatch handle. A functional hatch is a welcome change after 18 months or more with it stuck shut.

Old 10-19-2021, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by eulogy
Nice upgrades!
And that bumper. I need that. Eventually i will have one! Did u have to get it imported or dis u luck out locally?
Had it imported last year during covid. Bad Idea. Shipping fee's were insane were practically doubled. smh

Old 10-19-2021, 04:24 PM
Cool busy weekend

Finally had a free weekend to mosey through the storage aka my living room and got busy with the Fit. Had a blast breaking frozen front top strut nuts, popping axles back into the CVboot, and dropping a windshield wiper motor on my exposed foot in house slippers.

RSR Sports-i coilovers all buttoned up. Gutted the fender liners and plastic under tray

a tiny bit of rubbing in the back sitting on 205 55 r16's.. will play with adjustments later

Muteki black lugs & wheel locks on the dirty MF8's

2009-11 Bumper with JDP CF lip 1finger gap between tire and fender small rub at full turn

Yellow tinted fog-lights and $25 custom weather strip and door screen mesh grill - lol it doesn't look half bad even though this wont be here for long.

In need of a fresh wash and clay bar detail forsure.
Did anyone else have issues with the fitment with the JDP CF Lip? its like perfectly snug on one side and has like a 1cm gap on the other.
Should I do a vinyl wrap white or type r yellow? Always was a big fan of the spoon styling white/yellow CF combo on the EG's and EK's
Up next, wet sand and re-clear my CF duck bill/spoiler, waiting on spoon front sway bar and lower braces's and I can give auto-x a go.

Last edited by mikeymanifest1; 10-19-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Did a sun strip visor. Wish I had done it over the summer. There's not much difference on the outside, but it's a whole 'nother view from the inside.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:38 PM
Finally had a free weekend to mosey through the storage aka my living room and got busy with the Fit. Had a blast breaking frozen front top strut nuts, popping axles back into the CVboot, and dropping a windshield wiper motor on my exposed foot in house slippers.

RSR Sports-i coilovers all buttoned up. Gutted the fender liners and plastic under tray

a tiny bit of rubbing in the back sitting on 205 55 r16's.. will play with adjustments later

Muteki black lugs & wheel locks on the dirty MF8's

2009-11 Bumper with JDP CF lip 1finger gap between tire and fender small rub at full turn

Yellow tinted fog-lights and $25 custom weather strip and door screen mesh grill - lol it doesn't look half bad even though this wont be here for long.

In need of a fresh wash and clay bar detail forsure.
Did anyone else have issues with the fitment with the JDP CF Lip? its like perfectly snug on one side and has like a 1cm gap on the other.
Should I do a vinyl wrap white or type r yellow? Always was a big fan of the spoon styling white/yellow CF combo on the EG's and EK's
Up next, wet sand and re-clear my CF duck bill/spoiler, waiting on spoon front sway bar and lower braces's and I can give auto-x a go.

Do you mind taking a side shot of the fit from a far away distance? I am thinking about sticking with 16s and lowering as well. Kid of hard to tell stance with how close the photos are.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:56 AM

BEFORE on stock struts and RSR down low springs bounced around like a boat on big dips

AFTER w RSR coil-overs

Better pic of back stance w/ RSR coil-overs

Most recent pics I have atm since it’s beginning to rain again. The back sits under the wheel well and is much lower now that springs have settled a bit. 16x7+38 205/55 rubs on dips and consistently with passengers. Thought I was burning my clutch at first then realized it was just rubber. Still testing and making adjustments to the back before finalizing the idea of rolling or going with 185/55 or 185/50.

Last edited by mikeymanifest1; 11-09-2021 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2021, 01:00 PM
Just installed some camber bolts. I love them. First thing I should have done day 1.

Old 11-10-2021, 05:46 PM
BEFORE on stock struts and RSR down low springs bounced around like a boat on big dips

AFTER w RSR coil-overs
Wheels, tires, suspension>Great look!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?