2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by usert_l
My Door Visors (08R04-TK6-101A) order from College Hills Honda was delivered today. The hot summer weather is here and heat inside the car can build up quickly. These should allow me to have the windows left cracked open and not worry about rain getting the car wet.
Beware of dust storms, dirt devils... whatever u call em.even without the wind, i tried the cracked window thing for a month or so....noticed a drastic increase in dashboard dustiness. No cracked windows for me.

While driving my windows rattle like hell while opened a couple inches, even with the felt tabs they give u to prevent that noise.

They look cool tho!

Old 06-24-2021, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Back frim no care

No more loans bringing her back

Old 06-24-2021, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k20a298ek
Show us the engine bay!

Old 06-25-2021, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Show us the engine bay!
in time work in progress.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by k20a298ek

That must be one fast couch to need a hybrid racing shifter! (HA!) But seriously, that is one awesome Fit. Well done! What seats are those?

Old 06-25-2021, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Front Lip

Did the DIY garage seal front lip. In combination with the CRZ undertray my average MPG figure has gone to 36.9. It started at 33.2. Was 35.7 with the undertray only. I'm pretty happy with the results. Want more lip!

The lip is go!

Old 06-25-2021, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by imn2it
That must be one fast couch to need a hybrid racing shifter! (HA!) But seriously, that is one awesome Fit. Well done! What seats are those?
just from Mopac no brides at the moment.

Old 06-26-2021, 12:11 AM
Nice, guys!

Old 06-26-2021, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by imn2it
I had those Contis (different size of course) on my BMW. Great all weather tire.

And forgive my ignorance, what is a "donuts" if not a snack that's bad for you but tastes great?
The little spare tire in the trunk.

Right now, if I get a flat tire (which I am prone to do when the tires wear down for some reason), I can move the wheels around and put the donut on the rear. And that's because the front have those bigger brakes.

I still haven't done it, but I think I have all the parts to replace the rear drum brakes with disk brakes... the problem is, they use the same 12" size rotors as the front, meaning I would need 17" wheels to fit over them too. And I won't be able to use the OE donut.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
replace the rear drum brakes with disk brakes... the problem is, they use the same 12" size rotors as the front, meaning I would need 17" wheels to fit over them too. And I won't be able to use the OE donut.
Of course, donut spare.

And thanks for pointing this out. I have not considered that my spare won't fit on the front discs and maybe not the back discs. My rear rotors are small, off a 2000 insight, but the spare wheel may not clear the caliper. Maybe a full size spare on a steel wheel for when I travel...

Old 06-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Rick_a
Did the DIY garage seal front lip. In combination with the CRZ undertray my average MPG figure has gone to 36.9. It started at 33.2. Was 35.7 with the undertray only. I'm pretty happy with the results. Want more lip!
I'm getting and undertray. My car sits at 42.xx mpg every fill up, wondering if I can eek out more with it .

Old 06-26-2021, 04:27 PM
installed jdp cf oe spoiler. it was an easy install and looks great . met up with john from jdp to pick it up in cerritos
Name:  LyEl6Ac.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  495.4 KB

Old 06-30-2021, 04:50 PM
this is not what i did to my GE Fit today, this is what i've been doing to my GE Fit for the last two weeks. i finished painting the rotors. i made it way more of a hassle than it needed to be. more on that below. before and after pics too.

while i had the wheels and rotors off i hammered the inner fender walls to stop the tires from rubbing. the tires still rub the plastic fender liner, but not for long as the plastic fender liner is wearing away.

back to my rotor painting screwup. i painted the entire rotor including the friction surface where the pads contact the rotor. this is a recommended method in many of the DIY videos. but i made a big mistake by trying to do a great job (try hard) when i cured the rotors per instructions from VHT, 200 degrees for 1 hour. the curing/baking did a great job of making the paint rock hard, but then the pads were sliding on the paint until it began to melt and when i came to a stop the paint would cool and the pads were locked on the rotors. it became a gooey, sticky mess. so i had to remove the rotors again, wire brush the heck out of them and start over. what a hassle. this time i cut some cardboard to protect the friction surface, repainted the rotors then cured the paint on the car using the braking heat. any uncured paint is easily peeled away by the pads.

Front Rotor Before

Front Rotor After

Rear Wheel Before

Rear Wheel After

Rear Rotor Before

Rear Rotor After

Front Wheel After
all's well that ends well. the black rotors are a huge improvement over the rusty look. oh, and i replaced the chrome lug nuts with black spline tuner lug nuts.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:13 PM
looks so much cleaner.
are you running the fastbrakes/rsx rear conversion?

Old 07-01-2021, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by slvrsoul.fit
installed jdp cf oe spoiler. it was an easy install and looks great . met up with john from jdp to pick it up in cerritos
Looks rad ^
Got any more pictures?

Last edited by GrE8_Fit; 07-01-2021 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by eulogy
looks so much cleaner.
are you running the fastbrakes/rsx rear conversion?
Thanks, I think it looks much better and maybe save on some future rust problems (if I live that long).

No, those are not the fastbrakes conversion. The rotors are from a 2nd gen special edition insight sourced from the UK and the calipers are from a '98 integra GSR. With the rear brakes doing so little in terms of braking power, there is really no need to do discs. We did it on this car because we were trying to imagine how Honda would have / should have done a Fit Si.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Did an oil change… still had to change the oil for the super charger and rotate the tires when my sister called me to go eat at our other sister’s place.

Decided to button things back up.

I didn’t crack open the supercharger, so I didn’t have to do anything for that. But I did loosen the lug nuts for the front wheels, so I had to tighten those back up… just as I was tightening the driver’s side, the wheel dropped (an inch or two?).

I’m like, did the wheel fall off the center hub? No…

Did the CV axle pop out? Hmmm… no…

What then? Took a look… top of the strut was no longer attached to the car. Apparently the center of the top rubber grommet separated from the rest, dropping the strut.

Forcing me to hijack my HR-V back from my siblings, until I can get the replacement parts.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
What then? Took a look… top of the strut was no longer attached to the car. Apparently the center of the top rubber grommet separated from the rest, dropping the strut.
Sounds like time for some coil overs with new shock mounts.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member

So I’m back! Had a 2013 Fit Sport in TW manual more than two years back. Young and yearning for the experience, I sold the Fit and got a 2019 Si. Owned the Si for two years and sold it three months ago for a decent offer I couldnt resist. I reached out to the current owner of my last Fit but he said he has no interested in selling the car. It sucks, but now I’m back in a 2013 Fit Sport in Polished Metal Metallic manual, I’m sure I overpaid in the current market conditions but if you want it get it kinda thing.
Anyways, the Fit has 76k miles and the brakes must have been replaced sometime in between by the past owner but I went ahead and changed them to EBC Green stuff pads and new rotors. Also changed the oil and filter.
The swift springs I had in the TW Fit were soft with stock suspension as I remembered. Up next will definitely be suspension + rsb, coilovers recommendations, anyone (for a daily)?

Last edited by perkidddoh; 07-02-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen some pretty positive experiences with Tein struts with and without swift springs. Maintains ride comfort but let's you chuck it into an Apex and have it stick. Progress RSB is a definite must.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?