2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Rick_a
Extendo joint

Ouch

Chop chop
can u clarify whats going on here?
correct me if im wrong, but looks like your LCA was hitting the rim and you shaved the front edge of the LCA.

what are your wheel specs?
did you have to only shave the front side of the LCAs?
on the upper pic, it looks like the bottom of the ball joint is hitting the rim as well?

i got new LCAs, and was going to put the buddy club extendos in....but now im having second thoughts...

Old 06-17-2021, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
correct me if im wrong, but looks like your LCA was hitting the rim and you shaved the front edge of the LCA.

on the upper pic, it looks like the bottom of the ball joint is hitting the rim as well?

i got new LCAs, and was going to put the buddy club extendos in....but now im having second thoughts...
I have the same question. I want to run RCA/ extended ball joints but not sure if it'll clear a 15" rpf1

Old 06-17-2021, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
Pulled my Fit out of mothballs... sat for the better part of a year just because I never got around to fixing the leaking supercharger. Still haven't fixed it.

I had to do this because I have family visiting for the next few weeks, so I set aside my HR-V in case I need to lend it to someone.

Before I went to work, I reconnected the battery... but it was dead anyway, no surprise. Jumped it, rolled it back and forth a bit to "clean" the brake rotors, then left it to run using the remote starter while I went to work. The remote starter has a function to keep the car running for a bit before automatically shutting it down. It had an issue with no rpm/speedometer and other warning lights, but I left it for later.

After work, I took the HR-V to get a needed wash and gas, then came home to swap to the Fit... since it also needed gas and a wash. Started up... but still with the electrical issues. During the drive, things cleared up for a moment, then messed up again. Noticed my Ultraguage wasn't on, so I unplugged it, hoping to restart it. The issues cleared up again, the second I unplugged it. I'm guessing the UG was causing issues trying to reestablish connection while the Fit was also trying to rest everything. Everything was fine once I waited a bit to plug the UG back in.

OMG, there's still that one silver lug nut on the back wheel.

And yeah, those rotors look pretty bad... but they were MUCH WORSE earlier with all the built up rust.

Last edited by Goobers; 06-17-2021 at 04:31 AM.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
I test fit my friend’s Volk GT-C and washed the car. I then edited the photo to get a feel for what the car could look like if I hadn’t made the mistake (for my tastes) of buying Swift springs.

looks cool. nice chop. i like the advans way better though.

Old 06-20-2021, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Took the Fit on vacation for the week, ran strong all the way here. Enjoying some much needed R&R.

Old 06-20-2021, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Red 05
Took the Fit on vacation for the week, ran strong all the way here. Enjoying some much needed R&R.
Looks sick. But im biased.
Enjoy ur time off brotha

Old 06-20-2021, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
And yeah, those rotors look pretty bad... but they were MUCH WORSE earlier with all the built up rust.
I think those rotors looks damn good. Maybe you can see part of the rotors that I can't but they look good to me. I like the silver wheels over the shiny rotors. Are those Enkei RPF1s? What size? What are your tires and size? I have Enkei RPF1 Black 17x7 wheels with Falken Azenis RT615K+ 215/45-17 tires. I was wondering if you have any tire rubbing issues.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy

Yes.

Front side shaved only.

The ball joint comes very close, but does not touch.

Wheels are 15x7" RPF1, 41mm offset. It was definitely disappointing...but it's a good wheel and the extended ball joints are pretty much a must for a lowered car. It's worth it to me.

Old 06-20-2021, 11:56 PM
Long time member, but I don't post often. I've been toying with my GE8 for a couple years now. Few days ago added 30mm overfenders and some new 16x8 +20 wheels, and I've never been happier with the setup. I wanted to show off. Lmao.

Old 06-21-2021, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ I'll bet that visor on the top keeps the interior cooler??

Old 06-21-2021, 10:56 PM
longtime lurker here, finally lowered my fit and installed some wheels 😎.

got some jdp cf parts coming in soon 👀.
Name:  Fu7q1eE.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  474.7 KB

Last edited by slvrsoul.fit; 06-26-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by imn2it
I think those rotors looks damn good. Maybe you can see part of the rotors that I can't but they look good to me. I like the silver wheels over the shiny rotors. Are those Enkei RPF1s? What size? What are your tires and size? I have Enkei RPF1 Black 17x7 wheels with Falken Azenis RT615K+ 215/45-17 tires. I was wondering if you have any tire rubbing issues.
They're Enkei PF01s 17x7 +45 w/Continental ExtremeContact DWS 205/45/17. They don't rub, but then, they're smaller than yours too.

When the rotors are clean, I love them. It was the rust build up from sitting almost a year that I didn't like. Most of the surface cleared up with another day of driving, making it look much better.

I had Enkei RPF1s on it (now they're sitting in the garage), but they were 16x7 and those rotors didn't fit inside of them. It just barely came into contact with the spokes, which a thin (3mm) spacer would solve. But, the bigger issue was that it didn't clear the stick-on wheel weights on the inside. None of the tire shops nearby would change to the clip-on weights and advised against it. So, I had to get bigger wheels.

Which reminds me... I wonder if I can find donuts that fit over those rotors.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
While doing an oil change and tire rotation I was able to diagnose a bad AC clutch coil (I was hoping it was just the skanky ground) and discovered that my AC blower motor resistor is apparently bad (runs on high only). I've been driving with windows partially open and didn't notice.

The CRZ undertray is a pain in the ass, but an incredible success, my average MPG figures going from 33.2 mpg to 35.7...and climbing. I'm hoping a front lip will gain me one mpg more.

A couple people have asked for a pic of the LCA/extended ball joint/wheel clearance...so here it is.

Pretty close! The lower control arm has been clearanced on the leading edge radius.

Last edited by Rick_a; 06-23-2021 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
What is a PITA about the crz undertray?

Old 06-23-2021, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
What is a PITA about the crz undertray?
Installing it properly. Taking it on/off for maintenance and regular services. There's three screws and seven push nuts holding mine in there.

Old 06-24-2021, 01:05 AM
There's three screws and seven push nuts holding mine in there.
Glad to hear it's working out.

I've been wondering: maybe I should get a pop-rivet tool and replace the plastic push pins with a 4 or 5mm bolt+washer. Might save some time and give me some piece of mind.

Old 06-24-2021, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
While doing an oil change and tire rotation I was able to diagnose a bad AC clutch coil (I was hoping it was just the skanky ground) and discovered that my AC blower motor resistor is apparently bad (runs on high only). I've been driving with windows partially open and didn't notice.

The CRZ undertray is a pain in the ass, but an incredible success, my average MPG figures going from 33.2 mpg to 35.7...and climbing. I'm hoping a front lip will gain me one mpg more.

A couple people have asked for a pic of the LCA/extended ball joint/wheel clearance...so here it is.

Pretty close! The lower control arm has been clearanced on the leading edge radius.

Very interesting. I plan on doing the RCA/extended ball joint as well and we have the same wheels. You should definitely make a write-up thread on this. How much do you think you took off the leading edge of the LCA? Like a 1/4"?

Old 06-24-2021, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
They're Enkei PF01s 17x7 +45 w/Continental ExtremeContact DWS 205/45/17. They don't rub, but then, they're smaller than yours too.

Which reminds me... I wonder if I can find donuts that fit over those rotors.
I had those Contis (different size of course) on my BMW. Great all weather tire.

And forgive my ignorance, what is a "donuts" if not a snack that's bad for you but tastes great?

Old 06-24-2021, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Very interesting. I plan on doing the RCA/extended ball joint as well and we have the same wheels. You should definitely make a write-up thread on this. How much do you think you took off the leading edge of the LCA? Like a 1/4"?
I just cut the radius into a flat.

Chop chop

Old 06-24-2021, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
My Door Visors (08R04-TK6-101A) order from College Hills Honda was delivered today. The hot summer weather is here and heat inside the car can build up quickly. These should allow me to have the windows left cracked open and not worry about rain getting the car wet.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?