2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Rick_a
Fuel mileage. People report an increase on the highway. Reason enough for me. That gaping hole under the engine bothered me. It has mounting points as if something was supposed to go there. Now something does. I'm hoping to get 35mpg combined once I do the front lip thing. Thinking about doing side skirts as well.
It's like you've been reading my diary lol I think about this constantly.
Keep us updated!

Old 04-28-2021, 03:13 PM
Picked up my first Fit today and gave it a bath. It's an 09 Sport with a manual transmission.
Got a decent deal on it, maybe for good reason as the clutch is acting funky, probably air in the lines. Trying to find a shop to fix it and get it on the road.
Plans are to baseline the maintenance, install an UltraGuage, SRI, exhaust, and lower it a hair then drive it.

Old 04-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Fuel mileage. People report an increase on the highway. Reason enough for me. That gaping hole under the engine bothered me. It has mounting points as if something was supposed to go there. Now something does. I'm hoping to get 35mpg combined once I do the front lip thing. Thinking about doing side skirts as well.
That is really rad! Modifying a car in a way to make it more efficient is just as cool as making it faster.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RoulantG
That is really rad! Modifying a car in a way to make it more efficient is just as cool as making it faster.
I have two goals...maximim handling with stock shocks/struts and maximum fuel mileage as I put a lot of miles down.

Old 05-01-2021, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
New side marker LED bulbs. They're nice! Replaced brake light bulbs. Broke off the locking piece for the panel in the footwell. How am I supposed to open and close this thing properly? I just couldn't get it to go back. And, know where to get a new locking piece?

Old 05-01-2021, 11:20 PM
The First Fit expired due to an unfortunate highway incident involving nearly worn out tires, standing water, a strong crosswind, and a subtle curve at night.

Fit #2 I've been trying to make like the other one. The other day I installed a Progress RSB, Godspeed springs, Honda "crash" bolts, Buddy Club extended ball joints, and had already had Enkei RPF1 wheels and Toyo Extensa HP II tires put on it. I'm probably going to do a Cusco front strut bar soon as well. This car is a bit more solid than the last, but has a lot of minor cosmetic damage as well as plenty of real mechanical woes.

There was a clearance issue with the leading edge of the control and arm and wheels, which I clearanced the control arm slightly to take care of.

I had Swift springs before. These are 20% stiffer up front and 25% stiffer in the rear. The fronts are straight rate and the rear progressive. It actually works really well. The car rides flatter and the rear doesn't skip off pavement imperfections mid corner like it did with the Swifts. I would've liked to have tried the Progress springs, but they were discontinued.

I had also already repacked and rebooted a CV axle, replaced a hub and wheel bearing, replaced the factory cross brace which was bent, replaced a brake caliper that stripped out (threads rusted out), replaced a broken speed sensor, replaced a missing hood air duct, and did braided brake lines.

I have just purchased a K&N filter, am going to do a DIY front lip, need to figure out why the AC quit, am replacing a bad sway bar link, and have a CRZ under tray to install. I'm also waiting for a set of Innovative engine mounts.

The car has a broken transmission case at the flywheel/clutch case which I didn't notice until the first time I jacked it up. That was disappointing to say the least. At some point I may buy a used case to LSD or may K swap. Dunno. I will make a patch plate in the meantime.

Dirty cowl

Sprangs

"Crash" bolts

Rear spring

Assembled strut

Extendo joint

Ouch

Chop chop

I installed innovative mounts all around and the car responds much better to acceleration, but IMHO the cabin noise is defeaning and not worth it unless your pushing 180+ hp. You will lose a lot of comfort from installing those mounts.

Great job otherwise on the upgrades! Kick ass man

Old 05-01-2021, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mitcho85
I installed innovative mounts all around and the car responds much better to acceleration, but IMHO the cabin noise is defeaning and not worth it unless your pushing 180+ hp. You will lose a lot of comfort from installing those mounts.

Great job otherwise on the upgrades! Kick ass man
Thanks. I've had the engine mounts before. Had an HKS muffler that made it a little too loud. I found it acceptable save for a narrow RPM band where it reverberated a bit. I'd rarely be in that range, so I'm fine with it.

Old 05-06-2021, 11:20 AM
Installed Front Si emblem

Installed an Si emblem on the front. It matches the one on the back.

What Honda should have made!

Old 05-06-2021, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by imn2it
Installed an Si emblem on the front. It matches the one on the back.

What Honda should have made!
Wait a minute. This looks a lot like the Fit that TCS just finished swapping with a K24. Is that you?

Old 05-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Yes it is.

Old 05-06-2021, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by imn2it
Yes it is.
oh man! That's excellent. I've been wanting to see videos of this thing in action and get to know how you like it. From the little I've seen from following TCS on this build, it seems so thorough with A/C and stuff!

I understand that there's going to be some article of some sorts on this build soon?

Old 05-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
oh man! That's excellent. I've been wanting to see videos of this thing in action and get to know how you like it. From the little I've seen from following TCS on this build, it seems so thorough with A/C and stuff!

I understand that there's going to be some article of some sorts on this build soon?
First the bad news: The person I hired to shoot video of the delivery and road test backed out at the last minute, so unless TCS is doing one there's not likely to be a video. It's funny you mentioned the A/C because we are still trouble shooting it. It is working intermittently, but isn't fully functional at this point. And both the front tires are rubbing. Still trying to figure out the best solution for that. And regarding the article on the build TCS suggested to me that there might be an article coming out, but that seems to be on hold if not dead completely.

The good news: The car is a beast. My only complaint about the power is there's so much torque available everywhere I am getting lazy about shifting. Just hit the gas and go. Not like the old days of VTEC scream. The grip is vicious coming out of a corner and the FWD power ferociously claws the car back on track with almost no driver intervention (unless traction control is off). And one of the best things about the car are the 9th gen civic si seats. The guys at TCS did a great job on them and charged me accordingly . Also, as best I can gather this is one of the few K24 swapped Fits that has functional cruise control (a must have to keep the wife happy and let me spend the $$$ to have this done).

Last edited by imn2it; 05-06-2021 at 03:37 PM. Reason: double quoted
Old 05-07-2021, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by uRabbit
New side marker LED bulbs. They're nice! Replaced brake light bulbs. Broke off the locking piece for the panel in the footwell. How am I supposed to open and close this thing properly? I just couldn't get it to go back. And, know where to get a new locking piece?

I've busted my panel too. The twist clip on the left side is what breaks. I went to a junkyard and pulled one out, you just need super strong fingers or a pair of pliers to pinch it from the underside and it will fall out. Then just pop it in yours.

What LED did you use?

Last edited by Chantastic; 05-07-2021 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chantastic
I've busted my panel too. The tiwst clip on the left side is what breaks. I went to a junkyard and pulled one out, you just need super strong fingers or a pair of pliers to pinch it from the underside and it will fall out. Then just pop it in yours.

What LED did you use?
I'm not him, but I used ALLA Lighting 194 LED bulbs orange/amber. Got them off Amazon. So far so good. 8 months in.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
I don't normally post on here, but I figured I should as I'm really happy to see so many people tinkering with Fit's now. Adding one more K swapped GE to the world. We didn't tackle AC yet, I just wanted to drive it for the summer and worry about that later.

K24Z7
AEM short ram
RBC intake manifold (ported and polished)
PRL adapter and thermal gasket
J35 Accord throttle body
Flashpro

Result = equal speed with a stock mk7 GTI from a roll with one passenger in the Fit

Threw in Morimoto LED fogs and IPF LED headlight bulbs

Old 05-07-2021, 01:23 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not him, but I used ALLA Lighting 194 LED bulbs orange/amber. Got them off Amazon. So far so good. 8 months in.
I'll look into those, thanks!

Old 05-07-2021, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
I don't normally post on here, but I figured I should as I'm really happy to see so many people tinkering with Fit's now. Adding one more K swapped GE to the world. We didn't tackle AC yet, I just wanted to drive it for the summer and worry about that later.

K24Z7
AEM short ram
RBC intake manifold (ported and polished)
PRL adapter and thermal gasket
J35 Accord throttle body
Flashpro

Result = equal speed with a stock mk7 GTI from a roll with one passenger in the Fit

Threw in Morimoto LED fogs and IPF LED headlight bulbs
Great to see another Kswapped GE! I'm going to take the plunge on a swap once AC is worked out. Looks like the market is coming to life for these Fit's again.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Great to see another Kswapped GE! I'm going to take the plunge on a swap once AC is worked out. Looks like the market is coming to life for these Fit's again.
There is a company out there now called 2nrs that makes jumper kits from a TSX harness to the Fit with a k24z7/z3 for the motor but also for AC. You still need a TSX compressor and a stepper motor (?) to make it work though. I wish this was an option for me when I was gathering parts instead of going custom.

Old 05-07-2021, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
There is a company out there now called 2nrs that makes jumper kits from a TSX harness to the Fit with a k24z7/z3 for the motor but also for AC. You still need a TSX compressor and a stepper motor (?) to make it work though. I wish this was an option for me when I was gathering parts instead of going custom.
Yup, I'm aware of them. I believe they brought it to market just this year. TCS also made shift cable adapters and stuff this year too. Great for those of us who're waiting to get the easy route to a kswap!

Old 05-08-2021, 12:28 PM
New Head Lamps

Intalled GTR CSP Mini H4s. Could've used the more powerful (more lumens) GTR Ultra or the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0. I decided the less lumens would:
  1. not distract other drivers as much
  2. save me some coin, but I would have liked the Ultra lifetime warranty
  3. the CSP Minis are exact replacements, no heat sink, fan or additional cable
  4. make me less likely to be pulled over for aftermarket headlamps
Then I pulled the DAYLIGHT (DRL) fuse to supress DRL malfunction lamp. No DRLs now but much better lighting at night. Might install some aftermarket LED DRLs to compensate. What dost thou think?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?