2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 10:29 PM
Did tie rods and an alignment on my Fit -- OEM blockheater and a coolant change eventually.

Last edited by oldyeller; 02-20-2021 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:55 PM
I had the last week off so I completed a whole laundry list of tasks on the Fit, mostly cosmetic. First, I did a much needed oil change after doing a 1k miles trip on the fit, around 3-4K miles total on this oil so it was time. Next, I swapped my driver’s door lock actuator for one I pulled from a junkyard Fit for $40. The replacement squeaks as much, if not more, than my original so I will buying and installing a brand new one soon. After finishing these, it was on to the cosmetic tasks: first and foremost, finally painting and installing my Ikon Motorsport Lip. I believe this is the last lip they made since it when out of stock after I bought, and a short time later they removed the item entirely from their catalogue. Installation was fairly simple, the fitment isn’t “perfect” but very close to it. Really happy with how the lip came out, paint looks great and was a breeze to use
despite having little to no experience using spray paint. Since I loved the look of the lip, I decided to paint my cowl cover and my grille as well. All I can say is WOW the difference is night and day! Next up: painting the fog light covers and my rear mud guards! The paint that I used is called “Mar-Hyde 3811 Black Satin Automotive Trim Coating Aerosol - 12 oz.”

On a separate note, I also added a tow strap to my lower grille, really digging the look even though I know it’s beyond rice haha.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
No pics to contribute as of yet but I've finally got the CF lip from JDP heading my way later this week or next. I'm pretty jazzed (heh) about it.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Red 05
No pics to contribute as of yet but I've finally got the CF lip from JDP heading my way later this week or next. I'm pretty jazzed (heh) about it.
Gon be shwweeet!

Old 02-23-2021, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hey I haven't been on this forum in literally years...but someone DM'd so I wandered over here. Anyway still have the Fit and this is how it sits:

https://imgur.com/a/dPqEJG4

Feel free to check out the rest of the build on my IG: unfit_company.

Keep on modding!

Last edited by Mr.Hollow; 02-23-2021 at 01:36 PM. Reason: trying to remember how to attach images lol
Old 02-28-2021, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Hi there fellow FITters.... Im a 2017 GK owner BUT I'll leave this here and any other info DM me!!

Did this to my GK a while ago... Kind of a pandemic lockdown project....

And a couple of peeps asked me to make one for them... Went ahead and made for GK and for GE...

GE

GK
I recommend any of these TB's for any stock engine FIT

GMB6A CiViC Si 06-11 61mm
GMB1A Accord-TSX 04-05 61mm
GMB2A Odyssey 2006 2.4L 61mm
GMA0A CR-V 2005-06 61mm

YES I know Certain company sells something similar including the TB... BUT you can snatch a TB for anything between $20 to $100 in GOOD condition and still wont cost what they charge for the "kit" and if I'm not mistaken it doesnt include hardware (not sure about this)...

Anyways that's that!!!

Last edited by elkaku; 02-28-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:09 PM
Wink

Forgot to mention this when it happened, but had to replace engines last November. We took a pretty neat picture at the time! Engine had 93,xxx miles on it and mysteriously had no oil. Couldn't find a leak either. Replaced with with a fellow L15A7 with 35,xxx miles on it. She's been good since then, gonna change the oil soon and give her a lookover again after 2.5K miles since the swap/replacement.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:12 AM
what done to Fit?

Replaced junk metal frame windshield wiper blades with full polymer/rubber blades,(Just bought the car recently).
Used Aero Voyager - got a deal on Amazon which included one set of replacement refills.
Also recently bought OEM floor mats and cargo liner, new cabin air filter plus replaced halogen headlight bulbs with LED.
Next replacing OEM air filter with freer flowing air filter.

Old 03-11-2021, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Finally got the chance to clean up the engine bay a bit.

Old 03-11-2021, 05:19 PM
I went fishing.

Originally Posted by Committobefit08
Since the threads are slow today and I saw this on another forum (Acurazine) and thought it was a good idea I figured it would be interesting to see what people posted here.
Just fill in whatever you done to your fit today. If its a modification, washed it, drove, anything chime in. Could be a fun thread to see peoples progress/activity.

To start things off I made my back emblem match my front emblem today. Sorry I will have to post pics of the back later but here is my front I did a couple days ago to give you an idea.
Well I drove over to the lake to go fishing. Earlier that day I got a washable air filter and it seems to do its job exceptionally well.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member

Got the JDP lip and new headlights with black surrounds in today. Needs a clean, but I'm happy with it.

Old 04-02-2021, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Finally got the chance to clean up the engine bay a bit.
So minty clean!!

Old 04-09-2021, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is dead. Long live Fit 2.0

The First Fit expired due to an unfortunate highway incident involving nearly worn out tires, standing water, a strong crosswind, and a subtle curve at night.

Fit #2 I've been trying to make like the other one. The other day I installed a Progress RSB, Godspeed springs, Honda "crash" bolts, Buddy Club extended ball joints, and had already had Enkei RPF1 wheels and Toyo Extensa HP II tires put on it. I'm probably going to do a Cusco front strut bar soon as well. This car is a bit more solid than the last, but has a lot of minor cosmetic damage as well as plenty of real mechanical woes.

There was a clearance issue with the leading edge of the control and arm and wheels, which I clearanced the control arm slightly to take care of.

I had Swift springs before. These are 20% stiffer up front and 25% stiffer in the rear. The fronts are straight rate and the rear progressive. It actually works really well. The car rides flatter and the rear doesn't skip off pavement imperfections mid corner like it did with the Swifts. I would've liked to have tried the Progress springs, but they were discontinued.

I had also already repacked and rebooted a CV axle, replaced a hub and wheel bearing, replaced the factory cross brace which was bent, replaced a brake caliper that stripped out (threads rusted out), replaced a broken speed sensor, replaced a missing hood air duct, and did braided brake lines.

I have just purchased a K&N filter, am going to do a DIY front lip, need to figure out why the AC quit, am replacing a bad sway bar link, and have a CRZ under tray to install. I'm also waiting for a set of Innovative engine mounts.

The car has a broken transmission case at the flywheel/clutch case which I didn't notice until the first time I jacked it up. That was disappointing to say the least. At some point I may buy a used case to LSD or may K swap. Dunno. I will make a patch plate in the meantime.

Dirty cowl

Sprangs

"Crash" bolts

Rear spring

Assembled strut

Extendo joint

Ouch

Chop chop

Old 04-17-2021, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Have strut bar

The internet argument rages on, though I find that steering feel, feedback, initial turn in, and accuracy is improved. It does add some additional harshness to the front suspension, which isn't particularly advantageous.

I swear that the Cusco version is stiffer than the Megan version, though they're nearly identical designs.

The real deal

Has bracket for that

Needs a minor trim

Some touching here

25% percent function, 75% bling, it is said. Fair enough. The only shiny bit in there.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Yesterday I aligned the car. It was toed in three quarters of an inch after doing springs and extended ball joints I set it at 1/36" toed out. Definitely feels a bit more lively.

The steering wheel points straight now. It was pointing left and it drove me crazy.

Too much toe!

Last edited by Rick_a; 04-19-2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 04-21-2021, 12:30 PM
I ordered a set of 195/50R-16 KUMHO ECSTA PA51 SL for my 2012. I am unhappy with the current 205/55R-16 Achilles ATR 2 & ATR. I messed up and bought 3 ATR 2s and one ATR. It currently vibrates noticeably on the highway. I have to travel to the other side of the state tomorrow, so I'm trying to get the Kumho's on ASAP - it might not happen before my trip due to severe weather. I'm looking forward to seeing how it feels going from 205/55 to 195/50. I think it has a lot to do with my stock 16x6 wheels with 205's or the stock suspension because it feels super "mushy".

Old 04-21-2021, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
CRZ Undertray

I undertook this mod. The front and rear mounting points line up. The rest needs drilled. The result was four large push nuts, four small ones, and two screws with steel retaining clips holding it all together. Many holes and some minor trimming was required. Oil changes just became a bit more time consuming.

CRZ tray, baby

Old 04-25-2021, 09:16 PM
Deleted the resonator and installed 195/50/R16 Kumho Ecsta PA-51 tires. I love it!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BXzgAUXNkPxgZW7w8

Old 04-26-2021, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Rick_a
CRZ tray, baby
Why? I'm intrigued.

Old 04-26-2021, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GrE8_Fit
Why? I'm intrigued.
Fuel mileage. People report an increase on the highway. Reason enough for me. That gaping hole under the engine bothered me. It has mounting points as if something was supposed to go there. Now something does. I'm hoping to get 35mpg combined once I do the front lip thing. Thinking about doing side skirts as well.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?