2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Did you end up repairing them? I plan on filing/sanding the rough edge down just to get the burrs off.
No I haven't had the time to try and fix them or debate myself on whether it is worth it or not yet.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Nicked my rear wheel this past weekend. Took a tiny chunk out of the tire as well.
ouch that sucks! i hate curbies...i made one of my own last winter on some ice.
might want to consider replacing that tire as the chunk looks pretty close to half the sidewall thickness...blowouts can have extreme consequences.

a flat metal file will smooth the rim in a quick minute

Old 12-13-2019, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Ordered these from https://www.hardracesuspension.com.au/

15% off till 22 Dec!

Old 12-13-2019, 08:12 AM

​​​​​​Was it wise that i bought items just because it was on 15% less. Hope id enjoy this purchases

Old 12-13-2019, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered new window weather stripping, grille, valve cover gasket, new konig heliums and tires today. Going to sell my old wheels and tires and from that buy coils and rain guards. Should be fresh going into 2020

Last edited by Red 05; 12-13-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
List My Used Ohlins Springs (made by Eibach from their Eibach Racing Springs ERS Series) that was part of my JDM Honda Fit GE Ohlins Coilover Kit on Fitfreak For Sale forum today for just $168 per set including shipping
Below is the link:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1440532

Old 12-14-2019, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Installed a new Sprint Booster V3 today.
'Wow'...I wish I would have done this when I bought the car!
Shifting was never as much fun before. Downshifting/rev-matching...the rpm's don't hang...no lag.
So much better now.

Old 12-15-2019, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
It was technically yesterday (Saturday), but I finally used my Fit for work again.

My father, being a bit of a busy body, made us work on my Fit the day before (Friday). I think I mentioned this before, the parking brake basically gave up and it takes almost no effort to pull the handbrake all the way up. So we worked on the rear brakes (still drum for now). The driver side brake's "automatic" adjuster was seized while the passenger side had the metal piece pulled by a spring that's supposed to move the adjuster, skip and go past the teeth on the adjuster. In short, BOTH sides failed.

Once I got the driver side adjuster out, my dad twisted and greased it until it move fairly smoothly. I don't know how smooth its supposed to be, but it was definitely smoother than when I installed it (yes, I used the supplied grease at that time too). Total pain in the ass to put back in. Of course the other side was simply tugging the piece back in place.

With that done, it feels a lot more like it did before, increasing tension as I go up.

Unfortunately, the front suspension seems to be loose somewhere. I get clunking when going over larger dips and sometimes when moving after switching directions between reverse and forward & vice versa.

Old 12-15-2019, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Arrived earlier than expected!

My pet has a new toy.

Thank you USDM!

Old 12-18-2019, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
Got my Konig Heliums in today, still waiting on tires and mounting hardware. Too excited!!

Old 12-18-2019, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Those are pretty!!! Red and bronze <3

Old 12-19-2019, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Red 05
Got my Konig Heliums in today, still waiting on tires and mounting hardware. Too excited!!

So pretty!

Old 12-19-2019, 12:36 AM
They look sweet! What tires are you going to put on them?

Old 12-19-2019, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
It was technically yesterday (Saturday), but I finally used my Fit for work again.

My father, being a bit of a busy body, made us work on my Fit the day before (Friday). I think I mentioned this before, the parking brake basically gave up and it takes almost no effort to pull the handbrake all the way up. So we worked on the rear brakes (still drum for now). The driver side brake's "automatic" adjuster was seized while the passenger side had the metal piece pulled by a spring that's supposed to move the adjuster, skip and go past the teeth on the adjuster. In short, BOTH sides failed.

Once I got the driver side adjuster out, my dad twisted and greased it until it move fairly smoothly. I don't know how smooth its supposed to be, but it was definitely smoother than when I installed it (yes, I used the supplied grease at that time too). Total pain in the ass to put back in. Of course the other side was simply tugging the piece back in place.

With that done, it feels a lot more like it did before, increasing tension as I go up.

Unfortunately, the front suspension seems to be loose somewhere. I get clunking when going over larger dips and sometimes when moving after switching directions between reverse and forward & vice versa.
Check your end links.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member
They look sweet! What tires are you going to put on them?
Got a set of Yokohama Avid touring tires in 195-60-R15 to go on. Walmart was selling them for almost 30 dollars a tire cheaper than anyone else, just waiting for them to get here along with new lug nuts and hubcentric rings.

EDIT:. and speaking of cheap these wheels sell for $100 everywhere except Amazon, who wanted $82. Got the deal of the century I reckon. I'm looking to sell my old wheels and tires after install to recoup most of my money.

Last edited by Red 05; 12-19-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:16 AM
Got a set of Yokohama Avid touring tires in 195-60-R15 to go on. Walmart was selling them for almost 30 dollars a tire cheaper than anyone else, just waiting for them to get here along with new lug nuts and hubcentric rings.

EDIT:. and speaking of cheap these wheels sell for $100 everywhere except Amazon, who wanted $82. Got the deal of the century I reckon. I'm looking to sell my old wheels and tires after install to recoup most of my money.
nice wheel choice. one of the wheels i was considering for mine.
those wheels going to look sweet especially with the rear disks! be sure to post pics.im curious the tire should look nice n meaty. maybe i missed it, but what offset did u go with? and did u dismiss a 205/50 or 55 for any particular reason?

Old 12-19-2019, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
nice wheel choice. one of the wheels i was considering for mine.
those wheels going to look sweet especially with the rear disks! be sure to post pics.im curious the tire should look nice n meaty. maybe i missed it, but what offset did u go with? and did u dismiss a 205/50 or 55 for any particular reason?
Good question, I have two reasons why. One was I'm going for a certain look. I don't know how else to call it except "chub." I wanted a look that was a little more old school, and was willing to give up some performance for it. It remains to be seen just how much as I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

The other reason was comfort. My commute is now mostly freeway, I wanted a little more sidewall for a little more comfort.

I'm running I think 37mm offset compared to whatever the stock is (50? 55?) But the end result is the car track will be 22mm wider and should fill out the wheel wells a little better.

This
pretty well details my path of decision on tires, starts at 5:00.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:40 PM
nice. thanks for the vid...watched a bit of it and plan to finish it after work.
personally i hate buying wheels and tires. too many things to balance and consider. color, diameter, offset, width, weight, strength, fitment, appearance, performance, tire life, tire aspect ratio, tire width, price, etc. so many compromises with the whole process, lol.
i do prefer the chubby tire look myself. not sure if i want to lean mine towards aspect ratio vs width.

excited to see how yours comes out though!

Old 12-19-2019, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
nice. thanks for the vid...watched a bit of it and plan to finish it after work.
personally i hate buying wheels and tires. too many things to balance and consider. color, diameter, offset, width, weight, strength, fitment, appearance, performance, tire life, tire aspect ratio, tire width, price, etc. so many compromises with the whole process, lol.
i do prefer the chubby tire look myself. not sure if i want to lean mine towards aspect ratio vs width.

excited to see how yours comes out though!
I feel the pain of choice. Took me about 3 months to decide. It was between this or Sparcos Trofeo's in 16 inch.

Old 12-20-2019, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Well, today was great... along with the crappy LED turn signal bulb that didn't work yesterday and most of tonight (for some reason, it started working again on my way home...?!?), I found out that my supercharger sprung a leak, again.

Looks like I'm benching my Fit from any driving until I decide what to do with the supercharger: have it fixed/rebuilt (last time was $1k), buy a replacement ($2500) or revert to stock intake manifold. With either of the first two options, I'll need to add the pressure relief valve that I didn't add during the previous rebuild.

=.="

Last edited by Goobers; 12-20-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?