2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PaeGe8

Hi PaeGe8,
I have a question,
You car is a Manual Transmission right?

Thanks

Old 06-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi PaeGe8,
I have a question,
You car is a Manual Transmission right?

Thanks

hi. long time! yes, a manual transmission

Old 06-05-2016, 07:50 PM
but the strange thing is that the part number on the cusco bar that i installed is 1001257194. i tried searching for that part number but couldn't find anything. i know the part number for the cusco bar for Ge is 376-475-A.... but it looks exactly the same and fits perfectly.. i bought off another member on fb page. what you guys think? feedback would be nice! thanks

Old 06-05-2016, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
hi. long time! yes, a manual transmission
but the strange thing is that the part number on the cusco bar that i installed is 1001257194. i tried searching for that part number but couldn't find anything. i know the part number for the cusco bar for Ge is 376-475-A.... but it looks exactly the same and fits perfectly.. i bought off another member on fb page. what you guys think? feedback would be nice! thanks
Hi PaeGe8
Yes, it's been long time
don't worry about the part#, as long as it is fit.. I forget the exact part number of that Cusco Ver1, but I am sure it is the right one, otherwise it won't fit on your car.
by the way, I am sure it will improve the rigidity of your subframe as the mounting point for the lower arm.
My car is Automatic so the Cuso Ver1 won't fit and will hit the rubber engine mount...
but I do have the Cusco Ver2, if you can find a used one, it will be complete for you to get the Ver2 too

Old 06-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi PaeGe8
Yes, it's been long time
don't worry about the part#, as long as it is fit.. I forget the exact part number of that Cusco Ver1, but I am sure it is the right one, otherwise it won't fit on your car.
by the way, I am sure it will improve the rigidity of your subframe as the mounting point for the lower arm.
My car is Automatic so the Cuso Ver1 won't fit and will hit the rubber engine mount...
but I do have the Cusco Ver2, if you can find a used one, it will be complete for you to get the Ver2 too
How are you? It is a perfect fit so probably is! Yes! Went for a little drive after and the car feels more firm and responsive, especially when cornering And got it for a good price so I'm loving it! Especially since it's a simple bolt on. That's what I'm hoping to do with the ver.2 and maybe a cusco front strut bar as well!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Hi PaeGe8
Yes, it's been long time
Hi Alpina,

Where did you purchase your Cusco Ver 2 brace? Thanks!

Old 06-06-2016, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Hi Alpina,

Where did you purchase your Cusco Ver 2 brace? Thanks!
Hi Mr. Hollow,

I bought it from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Cusco 386 477 AN Version 2 Front Lower Arm Bar: Automotive Amazon.com: Cusco 386 477 AN Version 2 Front Lower Arm Bar: Automotive

at that time the price was just $185 including shipping. (January 7'2015)
Now it goes up slightly.

But I just found (I think) a cheaper place to buy:
Cusco Front Lower Arm Bar Type 2 Revised for the Honda CRZ, Fit, and Insight | Shop Cusco bracing at KamiSpeed.com
and use the Promotion Code: Kamilove to get $7 discount

Old 06-06-2016, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
I picked up a Intro-tech Ultimate Custom folding windshield sunshade for the ridiculously huge windshield. I almost bought on amazon, but found a slightly used one on ebay for a steal. Fits great, love that it is a rigid type of sunshade so it doesn't sag.

Only complaint so far is the XL bag they give is easily 6" longer than the actual sunshade so it fits rather flimsy in the bag, maybe there was a spacer or something to take up the gap and make it fit snug.

Here is a link to the one I bought. Glad I checked ebay prior to buying from amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Intro-Tech-Ultimate-Reflector-Custom-Folding/dp/B00DHQ0MDE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER http://www.amazon.com/Intro-Tech-Ultimate-Reflector-Custom-Folding/dp/B00DHQ0MDE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Anyone have thoughts about doing a windshield tint strip vs an exterior vinyl strip to block some of the sun?Un certain which would look better for my Fit. If I did the vinyl I'd so a black strip, but I'm not sure I like that it is a solid color, meaning I'd lose some front visibility.

Last edited by shinjari; 06-06-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Hi Mr. Hollow,

I bought it from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Cusco 386 477 AN Version 2 Front Lower Arm Bar: Automotive

at that time the price was just $185 including shipping. (January 7'2015)
Now it goes up slightly.

But I just found (I think) a cheaper place to buy:
Cusco Front Lower Arm Bar Type 2 Revised for the Honda CRZ, Fit, and Insight | Shop Cusco bracing at KamiSpeed.com
and use the Promotion Code: Kamilove to get $7 discount
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to link the websites This is my next mod.

One last question, did you have to put the car on a lift to install or can you crawl under if the car is jacked up?

Thanks Alpina, you are the best!

Old 06-07-2016, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to link the websites This is my next mod.

One last question, did you have to put the car on a lift to install or can you crawl under if the car is jacked up?

Thanks Alpina, you are the best!
Hi Mr. Hollow,

You can just crawl under the car but please remember to either put your car on a jack stand (preferably 4 jack stand) or 2 front jack stand and a blocker on the rear wheel to prevent the car from rolling (plus parking brake on the rear wheel).
NEVER crawl under the car with a hydraulic jack holding the it,
I am sure you already know this, sorry from talking too much, I just want to make sure because it is very dangerous since hydraulic jack (or our stock jack) could fail.

or you can also use the plastic or rubber service ramp on the 2 front wheel, and use the rear wheel block (and parking brake)...

Then before you take out the bolts that hold the subframe to install the Cusco, it is better if you also jack up the subframe (this can be done with hydraulic jack to help hold the subframe while you are taking away 4 bolts that will hold the Cusco. I mean in theory the subframe won't move because there are still few more bolts holding it but I just always prepare for everything

The service manual recommend to replace the bolts with a new one and torque it back (I forget the torque value but I can check for you)...
which I did... I throw the old bolts and replace with a new one,
I did this while I replace my Lower Control Arm with the Insight Aluminum one and also install Spoon Rigid Collar...
so If you plan to do Spoon Rigid collar (or LCA) better do it the same time as the Cusco so you only buy the bolts once...

some people still use the original bolts, but I just like to follow what the service manual say...

Old 06-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Did the first mod on my Fit!
Changed the valve stem covers from the black plastics to gunmetal colored metal ones!
Pretty close match to the color on the interior of the 2012 Sport wheels, too.
Will post pics later.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Oops, realized that was the 2nd thing I did.
First was removing the front plate bracket, since my state only uses rear plates.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Xenon arrived, still waiting for my projectors to arrive , didn't know they were coming from China..

Old 06-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
who did u order projectors from

Old 06-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
who did u order projectors from
DDMTuning, they just emailed me saying the projectors should be here next week.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Put spoon racing stickers on the rear bumper because race car and +5hp

Old 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
My EBC slotted rotors and green stuff pads came in the mail on Wednesday. I decided to also purchase the G2 caliper paint kit (Silver). Hopefully they won't attract any attention in silver and will keep the calipers from rusting over.

Today's project is to build some wood 2"x10" race ramps. I plan on changing the rotors and pads myself but I have to jack up the car on Jack stands. But the car is too low to fit the jack under the center front jack point. Hence the ramps to give me some more clearance to get the jack under.

Like this:

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-gallery_1081_368_394333.jpg  
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
PM me a picture of the sticker. I can re-design the sticker if you want and in a font you like.

Hi Mr. Hollow,
I remember few weeks ago you post the above

so, today I am trying to make a custom label for a switch.
This switch start as a VSA/Cruise control switch from a Honda CRV.
This is the exact switch that I bought from this seller at eBay (his signature name is on this picture):

I took off the Cover of the Cruise control switch, sanded them,
than put on a rub on label on it.
Then I paint it yellow, hoping later I could peel off the label and make the surface transparent to back lighting...
unfortunately, the label were buried beneath the yellow point and when I try to scrub the yellow point, the label peel off and it is a mess !!!

so I think if I can get a sticker that should be thicker than the rub on label,
I can paint it again and then peel off the sticker...

The first picture is the picture of the switch when I just sand it and put a rub on label on it, which say VTEC.
The second picture is the picture after I try to paint it yellow but it buried the VTEC label too much and I realize it won’t work.

So basically this is the custom sticker work that I want to do:

b.I want the label to say “VTEC” on the first line,

and the lower line will say ENGAGE
so it would look pretty much like this:
VTEC
ENGAGE

(well the VTEC would be centered above the ENGAGE, somehow I can not make it centered when I post it here)

Would you be able to print a very tiny sticker?please note that it is actually a letter by letter sticker that I would later peel off to reveal an unpainted surface beneath it, so the back lighting from the switch will be able to shine when I turn on my headlight.

This is a thread that inspire me to do this:
Make your own "DVD Switch" - AcuraZine Community

if you could do it, I am willing to buy the sticker from you,
in fact, if you are willing to do the whole yellow painting of the switch it self,
I am willing to let you do it and pay for your service... because I am not good at doing artwork like this

I need this switch to activate the MAP A for VTEC lower RPM engagement function from AEM F/IC-6

below is the picture of the mess I am making

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_1189_881c9e453754c4c785a73ffbf71b934a124625de.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-img_1190_feb2a926fbe2a4108cfda14f298280d84957960c.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-80-_1_f8fbea1000a23dba8046d2a75990fda9bbae734d.jpg  

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 06-11-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:23 PM
Banned
My EBC slotted rotors and green stuff pads came in the mail on Wednesday. I decided to also purchase the G2 caliper paint kit (Silver). Hopefully they won't attract any attention in silver and will keep the calipers from rusting over.

Today's project is to build some wood 2"x10" race ramps. I plan on changing the rotors and pads myself but I have to jack up the car on Jack stands. But the car is too low to fit the jack under the center front jack point. Hence the ramps to give me some more clearance to get the jack under.

Like this:

I need these. Do you have a cut list?

Old 06-12-2016, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Feels like forever since posting here. But ive been having an "issue" the last few weeks where the first startup of the day always takes several more cranks than normal. The starter motor doesnt sound like its cranking any slower than normal either, and every subsequent startup of the day is perfectly normal.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?