2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Banned
Somethin' special came in the mail today

Name:  fnqMPNy.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  3.10 MB
Name:  vTYhyfG.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  3.11 MB

Now just waiting on my J's key fob cover

Old 09-05-2015, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Got in a little stoplight to stoplight action (on an empty street). Sorry to say I lost horribly but in my defense the late 70's corolla was heavily modded. Nice car to lose to.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Loved this Saturday, here's what I did.

- Switched Parking Light stock bulbs with LEDs.
- Plasti Dip'd rear bumper spoiler (the part with the fins).
- Plasti Dip'd area where fog lights are supposed to be.
- Installed Civic 01-03's fogs on my base model. I was stunned how good they look on her, I didn't want to spend $200 on the stock fogs so I decided to go ahead and adapt cheaper ones. Love how it looks now.
- Installed Euro plate.
- Polished my Headlights with a compound from local hardware store.
- Ordered JDM Windows Visors, Scuff Protector and Type-M Rear Spoiler (hopefully they arrive by next week, I'll post pics when installed obviously).

Here are some pictures.

Thinking about plasti dipping my rims, but I'm still not sure.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cajlog
Loved this Saturday, here's what I did.

- Switched Parking Light stock bulbs with LEDs.
- Plasti Dip'd area where fog lights are supposed to be.
- Installed Civic 01-03's fogs on my base model. I was stunned how good they look on her, I didn't want to spend $200 on the stock fogs so I decided to go ahead and adapt cheaper ones. Love how it looks now.
- Installed Euro plate.
- Polished my Headlights with a compound from local hardware store.
- Ordered JDM Windows Visors, Scuff Protector and Type-M Rear Spoiler (hopefully they arrive by next week, I'll post pics when installed obviously).

Here are some pictures.

Thinking about plasti dipping my rims, but I'm still not sure.
I like the fogs. Got a friend that's been thinkin of something similar. I'll have to show him.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Thanks, and yeah I was getting worried that my whole suspension would fall apart lol. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to jack my car up for a while, it's felt like too much work lately.
So what was loose? Just curious

Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
earlier today installed my blox shorty antenna

and a shot from above

Old 09-05-2015, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member

looks like you got a really clean line back on the rear bumper.. planning to do that this monday.. any tips on getting a clean line?

im gonna do something on my front sport bumper to

are those an HID kit in your headlights?

Old 09-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
So what was loose? Just curious
My front right sway bar end-link, the lower bolt. Wasn't even that loose, but it was enough to be annoying. My guess is that all the vibration due to the bad wheel bearing caused the nut to loosen gradually, as I did not replace the bearing for about 900 miles. At least the end-link wasn't broken though lol

Old 09-06-2015, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by g95pteg
looks like you got a really clean line back on the rear bumper.. planning to do that this monday.. any tips on getting a clean line?

im gonna do something on my front sport bumper to

are those an HID kit in your headlights?
Lot of newspaper and tape to avoid getting paint on undesired parts and you will be fine. And yes, that's a HID kit, I believe 8000k; also I have the base bumper.

Thinking about putting some HID on my fog lights soon too.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
My front right sway bar end-link, the lower bolt. Wasn't even that loose, but it was enough to be annoying. My guess is that all the vibration due to the bad wheel bearing caused the nut to loosen gradually, as I did not replace the bearing for about 900 miles. At least the end-link wasn't broken though lol
Did you jack up the car and shake it around to find out that it was loose? I have experienced similar sounds and i couldnt find out what it was.
I looked for loose sway links but they seemed really solid to me.

Lot of newspaper and tape to avoid getting paint on undesired parts and you will be fine. And yes, that's a HID kit, I believe 8000k; also I have the base bumper.

Thinking about putting some HID on my fog lights soon too.
HIDs do not belong directly in stock housings. Itll mess up the intended beam pattern and very likely blind on coming traffic. If you really want hid lighting you should consider getting a retrofit.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
man detailing is a lot of work. detailed my front end. used v34 > v36 > v38 > vertua bond > wet mirror finish > jetseal > wet carnauba wax. applied the compound and polishes with my new Torq FX10. this car has never gotten this treatment before and damn it looks good especially the jdp hood despite all the paint chips. next year i'll get some paint chip repair and tackle the missing paint.

difficult to do working around the sun. have to keep waiting for the sun to go down so i had to do the car in sections. ill try to do the doors later and if i get lucky maybe the roof and tail gate.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Wow that's a lot of steps.. Must look mint

I just washed and vacuumed mine yesterday.. Need to clay and wax before winter

Old 09-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by connor55
Did you jack up the car and shake it around to find out that it was loose? I have experienced similar sounds and i couldnt find out what it was.
I looked for loose sway links but they seemed really solid to me.
I tried that with no luck, they did seem really solid. I ended up just making sure all the bolts were tight and that's when it showed itself. It was tight enough so that it wasn't moveable by hand but on the road it could move around.

Old 09-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by g95pteg
Wow that's a lot of steps.. Must look mint

I just washed and vacuumed mine yesterday.. Need to clay and wax before winter
Considering its been neglected much. Hard to tell since its silver. Wanted to get this all done since winter is coming.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
finished up the driver's side.

got passenger's side and hatch left. roof just needs glaze/jetseal and wax. imma try to finish the claybarring tomorrow morning then do the buffing in the afternoon. its gonna be a scorcher they say. lets see how i do.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-20150906_191327_zpsdhw8jpx8.jpg  
Old 09-06-2015, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx

got passenger's side and hatch left. roof just needs glaze/jetseal and wax. imma try to finish the claybarring tomorrow morning then do the buffing in the afternoon. its gonna be a scorcher they say. lets see how i do.
looks good, I just got all my detailing stuff in and its been raining for the last week so now I can't use it lol damn bipolar NW weather.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by sultanofslide
looks good, I just got all my detailing stuff in and its been raining for the last week so now I can't use it lol damn bipolar NW weather.
thanks man! this is a lot of work damnit! next time would be easier at least.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

She's lookin' real clean haha. I've been meaning to start detailing for a long time, but it's just sooo much time, as you've experienced. Maybe it's worth it, though.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator
She's lookin' real clean haha. I've been meaning to start detailing for a long time, but it's just sooo much time, as you've experienced. Maybe it's worth it, though.
yeah man and i'm just doin the big panels right now. i still have to seal and wax the wheels, windows, roof and clean up the wax gunk from my trim. oh and the inside too!

but at least i got the stuff to do it now once a year and is learning. already levelling up with the waxing part.

u got milano red. people say it becomes milano pink. keep that paint protected! i got silver, so i was sitting here thinking why am I doing so many more steps. its not like i have black. can't see the swirls on silver. if anything the metallic flakes came out more. oh and damn its silky smooth.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:06 AM
Banned
yeah man and i'm just doin the big panels right now. i still have to seal and wax the wheels, windows, roof and clean up the wax gunk from my trim. oh and the inside too!

but at least i got the stuff to do it now once a year and is learning. already levelling up with the waxing part.

u got milano red. people say it becomes milano pink. keep that paint protected! i got silver, so i was sitting here thinking why am I doing so many more steps. its not like i have black. can't see the swirls on silver. if anything the metallic flakes came out more. oh and damn its silky smooth.
I'll be so pissed if it turns pink lol. I'd think they would have perfected automotive paint by now... But who knows. Maybe it's an excuse for me to start detailing

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?