2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy
On a side note, the detailer in me loves that you take care of the inside sidewalls of your tires as well

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Test fitted the 4kgf/mm TEIN linear rate spring from my Street Flex front coilover strut that I replaced, with Bilstein Monotube damper to get a better idea on the specs of the SWIFT springs I need to order. This also lets me know whether the Bilstein can manage the stiffer rear spring, which as I have suspected was over-dampened for the original progressive rate spring. (BTW I contacted Bilstein Germany directly, and was told that the rear springs in the Bilstein PSS Kit have a progressive spring rate from 17,5N/mm(1.78kgf/mm) to 30 N/mm(3.06kgf/mm)).
The damper easily achieves critical damping even with the much stiffer spring. I guess monotubes really are designed to handle higher spring rates...

It turns out I need a set of helper springs with a 7 inch main spring, to keep everything in place at full droop with the Bilstein damper. Everything ordered directly from Japan and should be here in a few days.

Wow, we had almost the same plan...
but I am waiting to finish my rear JDM RS Rear Axle modification
before I do this...
This is what I plan to do to.
I currently had Bilstein like you,
I plan to change the Front and Rear Spring with Eibach Linear Spring
and will need Eibach Helper 250 and Eibach Coupling Spacer 250
plus Eibach Adapter 60250 so I can use 250 diameter spring since Bilstein us 60mm spring Internal Diameter while Eibach use 2.5in (64mm) diameter spring.
Oh, I also need Ground Control Kit,
well not all the kit just the top/hat part of the front strut kit and rear adjuster kit...

Old 08-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by spryter

Put this on. Can't seem to make the logo face any way except sideways no matter how much I fiddle with it, though.
Do you have the stock antenna still? I've been looking for one. Would you part ways with it?

Old 08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
It's a little dirty, but if you want it, PM me and we'll work something out. If I sell the car, no punter will care what antenna the car has on it.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by jdmj0
On a side note, the detailer in me loves that you take care of the inside sidewalls of your tires as well
Haha Thanks! The inside sidewall is only addressed when I happen to have my car lifted, where the rims are taken off to be cleaned. The same place I do my DIY also have a car lift that are designed for you to manually wash the underchassis...

Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Wow, we had almost the same plan...
but I am waiting to finish my rear JDM RS Rear Axle modification
before I do this...
This is what I plan to do to.
I currently had Bilstein like you,
I plan to change the Front and Rear Spring with Eibach Linear Spring
and will need Eibach Helper 250 and Eibach Coupling Spacer 250
plus Eibach Adapter 60250 so I can use 250 diameter spring since Bilstein us 60mm spring Internal Diameter while Eibach use 2.5in (64mm) diameter spring.
Oh, I also need Ground Control Kit,
well not all the kit just the top/hat part of the front strut kit and rear adjuster kit...
What spring rates are you planning on using for your Front/Rear?

Old 08-03-2015, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member

What spring rates are you planning on using for your Front/Rear?
For Front I plan to use this one:
Eibach ERS 0700.250.0325
(7in length, 2.5in diameter and 325lbs/in or around 5.81kg/mm)

For Rear:
Also Eibach ERS made to Ground Control Spec:
GC 180.64.35
(180mm or 7in length, 64mm or 2.5in diameter and 3.57kg/mm or around 200lbs/in)

but,
I also thinking of just buying the Full Ohlins Coil over with
7kg front and 4kg rear Eibach springs included in that kit...

Old 08-03-2015, 04:56 AM
For Front I plan to use this one:
Eibach ERS 0700.250.0325
(7in length, 2.5in diameter and 325lbs/in or around 5.81kg/mm)

For Rear:
Also Eibach ERS made to Ground Control Spec:
GC 180.64.35
(180mm or 7in length, 64mm or 2.5in diameter and 3.57kg/mm or around 200lbs/in)

but,
I also thinking of just buying the Full Ohlins Coil over with
7kg front and 4kg rear Eibach springs included in that kit...
Those rates sounds good. I'm using 5kgf/mm Front and 4kgf/mm Rear because after settling with front spring rate, and with a 65/35 front weight bias, I wanted to get the rear wheel rate at around 2.7kgf/mm for neutral weight transfer/handling.
The rear spring has a motion ratio of around 0.77, and WR = (MR)² (C) (ACF). Assuming Angle Correction Factor is 1, 2.7kgf/mm ÷ (0.77)² = C 4.55kgf/mm (spring rate). I chose the 4kgf/mm rated spring to er on the conservative side for handling, which should be slightly understeering at the grip limit.

If I had spare cash and patience for the Built To Order wait, I'd get the Öhlins. I actually did enquire about this set with my importer, and was quoted a 2 month wait time. If nothing else, just for the bragging rights of your Fit riding on a set of Öhlins. BTW J's Racing has the Öhlins coilover kit upgraded to Swift Springs, although they seem a little stiff for daily driving, and are stupid expensive.

Last edited by eternal_fantasy; 08-03-2015 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Went to the machinist today to have him make me a pair of friction-fit adaptors for the Bilstein spring perch, 60mm => 65mm, in preparation for the arrival of my 65mm Swift linear springs.

Name:  IMG_4773.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  478.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4776.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  421.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4778.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  497.9 KB

Old 08-03-2015, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
Those rates sounds good. I'm using 5kgf/mm Front and 4kgf/mm Rear because after settling with front spring rate, and with a 65/35 front weight bias, I wanted to get the rear wheel rate at around 2.7kgf/mm for neutral weight transfer/handling.
The rear spring has a motion ratio of around 0.77, and WR = (MR)² (C) (ACF). Assuming Angle Correction Factor is 1, 2.7kgf/mm ÷ (0.77)² = C 4.55kgf/mm (spring rate). I chose the 4kgf/mm rated spring to er on the conservative side for handling, which should be slightly understeering at the grip limit.

If I had spare cash and patience for the Built To Order wait, I'd get the Öhlins. I actually did enquire about this set with my importer, and was quoted a 2 month wait time. If nothing else, just for the bragging rights of your Fit riding on a set of Öhlins. BTW J's Racing has the Öhlins coilover kit upgraded to Swift Springs, although they seem a little stiff for daily driving, and are stupid expensive.
Yap, M&M had their own Ohlins version too and from the pictures,
I think they used Swift too, although I prefer the yellow color of Eibach on the one directly from Ohlins Japan
FIT GE M&MƒI[ƒŠƒ“ƒY@ƒXƒyƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒ^ƒCƒv1/‚l•‚l@‚g‚n‚m‚c‚`@‚i‚`‚o‚`‚m

I like the Ohlins DFV systems that should allow it to have smooth ride,
even with higher rate springs... well, perhaps in the next few months
I am lucky enough to get more money

an interesting note is, that the front eibach spring on the Ohlins BTO kit have 8inch in length,
not 7 inch... hmmm but maybe their spring perch adjustment is longer then our Bilstein...

Talking about J's Racing, I had something from J's Racing that should arrive today or tomorrow

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 08-03-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Went to the machinist today to have him make me a pair of friction-fit adaptors for the Bilstein spring perch, 60mm => 65mm, in preparation for the arrival of my 65mm Swift linear springs.

Take a look at this Eibach Adapter that should fit your application:

It is also cheap at $20.97:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-adapter60250

and the way it design, it will cover the outer diameter of your larger Swift Spring Outer Diameter, plus on the inside diameter, it should have free
play to the adapter wall, a little bit of free play should help prevent less friction...
I think your adapter is a little too thick, plus it do not have larger outer diameter...

Oh, Eibach even have this Torsion Release Bearing product to reduce the friction even more:
TORSION RELEASE BEARING ? TRB | Smoother Deflection | eibach.com/america

Old 08-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Take a look at this Eibach Adapter that should fit your application:

It is also cheap at $20.97:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eib-adapter60250

and the way it design, it will cover the outer diameter of your larger Swift Spring Outer Diameter, plus on the inside diameter, it should have free
play to the adapter wall, a little bit of free play should help prevent less friction...
I think your adapter is a little too thick, plus it do not have larger outer diameter...

Oh, Eibach even have this Torsion Release Bearing product to reduce the friction even more:
TORSION RELEASE BEARING ? TRB | Smoother Deflection | eibach.com/america
The Swift springs uses a thinner gauge wire compared to the Bilsteins, so the spring perch will have sufficient area for the spring to rest on. The blue plastic spacer is also still able to rotate within the spring perch. My custom adaptors are precision lathed to 65.20mm OD, which, when taking into account that the 65mm ID springs will have a designed tolerance of around 65.80mm~66.20mm, be a perfect, albeit slightly loose, fit. The Eibach's 2.5" (63.5mm) has way too much play for my OCD...
Name:  IMG_4780.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  328.4 KB

This adaptor design is also what Swift themselves make. The spring/assist spring adapter kit that comes with the Swift assist spring is made with a low friction polymer, with 2 stainless steel shims that are designed to allow for rotation and reduce torsional binding.

I have done my home work. Spent the majority of time and car lift rent swapping rear dampers and taking full sag/compressed spring seat and wheel well height measurements determining the best damper/spring setup for my rear suspension. The spring perch adaptor was part of that effort.

I always design and makes parts myself whenever possible as I like to control the material, tolerance and finish. Plus it helps out the local economy. At the end of the day, a shim is a shim, just measurements, material, machining and surface finish. For the retail price I can make a part from stronger material with more durable surface finish, at tighter tolerances, designed and optimised specific to my application. Branding it does not make it somehow better. Oh, and 3D Design and small scale manufacturing is what I do as a hobby...

The Eibach torsion release bearing I have seen, very interesting. I doubt they will make any noticeable difference though... Will have a look and see if I can get some NSK bearings with those specs. I'm actually more interested in the Eibach Spring Bags, would actually help with the dampers' durability, and look damn awesome too!

Yap, M&M had their own Ohlins version too and from the pictures,
I think they used Swift too, although I prefer the yellow color of Eibach on the one directly from Ohlins Japan
FIT GE M&MƒI[ƒŠƒ“ƒY@ƒXƒyƒVƒƒƒ‹ƒ^ƒCƒv1/‚l•‚l@‚g‚n‚m‚c‚`@‚i‚`‚o‚`‚m
I didn't know about the M&M Kit... it looks like they design the kit for the Fit themselves using the Ohlins damper and adjustable rears... very interesting...

an interesting note is, that the front eibach spring on the Ohlins BTO kit have 8inch in length,
not 7 inch... hmmm but maybe their spring perch adjustment is longer then our Bilstein...
I also use 8 inch front Swift springs on my Tein Street Flex front strut...The Bilstein's threads don't go that far down the strut body... so I guess a shorter spring is a good idea.

Last edited by eternal_fantasy; 08-03-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
The Swift springs uses a thinner gauge wire compared to the Bilsteins, so the spring perch will have sufficient area for the spring to rest on. The blue plastic spacer is also still able to rotate within the spring perch. My custom adaptors are precision lathed to 65.20mm OD, which, when taking into account that the 65mm ID springs will have a designed tolerance of around 65.80mm~66.20mm, be a perfect, albeit slightly loose, fit. The Eibach's 2.5" (63.5mm) has way too much play for my OCD...

This adaptor design is also what Swift themselves make. The spring/assist spring adapter kit that comes with the Swift assist spring is made with a low friction polymer, with 2 stainless steel shims that are designed to allow for rotation and reduce torsional binding.

I do do my home work. Spent the majority of time and car lift rent swapping rear dampers and taking full sag/compressed spring seat and wheel well height measurements determining the best damper/spring setup for my rear suspension. The spring perch adaptor was part of that effort.

I always design and makes parts myself whenever possible as I like to control the material, tolerance and finish. Plus it helps out the local economy. At the end of the day, a shim is a shim, just measurements, material, machining and surface finish. For the retail price I can make a part from stronger material with more durable surface finish, at tighter tolerances, designed and optimised specific to my application. Branding it does not make it somehow better. Oh, and 3D Design and small scale manufacturing is what I do as a hobby...

The Eibach torsion release bearing I have seen, very interesting. I doubt they will make any noticeable difference though... Will have a look and see if I can get some NSK bearings with those specs. I'm actually more interested in the Eibach Spring Bags, would actually help with the dampers' durability, and look damn awesome too!

I didn't know about the M&M Kit... it looks like they design the kit for the Fit themselves using the Ohlins damper and adjustable rears... very interesting...

I also use 8 inch front Swift springs on my Tein Street Flex front strut...The Bilstein's threads don't go that far down the strut body... so I guess a shorter spring is a good idea.

WOW,
You do have done your homework on Swift Spring Application
Really interesting information, Thanks

Old 08-03-2015, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Arrived in the mail today finally.

Name:  RGDn0Zgl.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  59.8 KB

But with all that spring talk previously posted(^) I feel like a tadpole in a frog pond

Old 08-04-2015, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
Mugen & J's Racing :)

My JDM Fit RS Mugen Side Skirt just arrived,
unfortunately Mugen already stop producing this,
so there is no longer Pearl White Color,
and the one available is Grey and This Blue,...
so I choose this Blue,
Hopefully, the Body Shop will have no problem painting this to Taffeta White
I will create separate DIY Thread once I paint and install this:

Name:  IMG_0847_zpsztybpbga.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  167.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0852_zpsdxogompr.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  196.9 KB

and all the item I want to buy from J's Racing also arrive today...
so J's Racing Shopping is done

This J's Racing Carbon Steering Wheel are a bit smaller then our stock steering,
and they look much better in real than in this pictures...

Name:  IMG_0854_zps3tjoutlq.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  179.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0855_zpsjhyd353i.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  217.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0860_zpsy8q4v88m.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  232.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0861_zpsmq7tzpr2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  236.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0862_zpsufaowkpp.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  254.1 KB

I also waiting for the J's Racing carbon trim that I bought from eBay...

Now this is the other J's Racing Parts:
Thermostat
Name:  IMG_0858_zpskyecsnfq.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  176.7 KB

High Pressure Radiator Cap:
Name:  IMG_0857_zpscmjxs4wc.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  182.6 KB

Magnetic Oil Drain Plug for Engine and Transmission:
Name:  IMG_0856_zpsolkj2m5b.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  244.9 KB

Old 08-05-2015, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Today the J's Racing Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim that I bought from eBay arrived... but I suspect this is not Original J's Racing but copy/replica, although the eBay seller claim it is Authentic...
My suspicion based on J's Racing themselves no longer sell them on their official website
Well, at least it match the J's Racing Steering Wheel:

Name:  IMG_0866_zpsrgupwzcg.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  305.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0867_zpsb9wgdodg.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  385.9 KB

My Blue Point (Snap On) Safety Wire Twister Tools also arrive today,
I am going to use this tool to wire the Safety Wire on my Wilwood Rotor Hat Bolt for the Rear Disk Brake conversion...

Name:  IMG_0863_zps4fjblplq.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  195.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0864_zpskmunc7hg.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  190.1 KB

Old 08-05-2015, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
My JDM Fit RS Mugen Side Skirt just arrived,
unfortunately Mugen already stop producing this,
so there is no longer Pearl White Color,
and the one available is Grey and This Blue,...
so I choose this Blue,
Hopefully, the Body Shop will have no problem painting this to Taffeta White
I will create separate DIY Thread once I paint and install this:

I've been having my eye on this for a while. Same as this it seems?:

???????????3?? ?? ???? RS GE6-9 ?? ???????? ????×?????????Autostyle

They contacted you about the availability?

Old 08-05-2015, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmj0
I've been having my eye on this for a while. Same as this it seems?:

???????????3?? ?? ???? RS GE6-9 ?? ???????? ????×?????????Autostyle

They contacted you about the availability?
Yes, it is the same item that I bought
and
when you buy from Rakuten, the seller/individual shop will contact you back regarding availability, or local shipping prices or any concern with the transaction via rakuten email system.
Mine is being painted at a body shop,
they need to separate the black piece from the rest of the side skirt to make sure they don't miss any spot (it is riveted together), plus they had to be careful with the black rubber stripping, and they used PPG paint
so the painting cost me $500 per pair.
Another shop quote me even higher, $550 per pair...

the shop asked me is my side skirt factory Honda,
I told them aftermarket but I don't tell them it is a Mugen...
I worry they will jack up the price even more

but the shop say, this is the best quality after market side skirt they ever seen, it look like OEM factory piece hahaha

Old 08-05-2015, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
finally settled with JDP and finish up the broken hood. Wet sanded small pin holes from the new clear coat done yesterday. Learned to compound and polish on the hood. Here is the result.

Hi Ryu,

I am thinking of buy the JDP Vented Hood but then Paint them with Taffeta White, my question is,

if I painted with taffeta white paint, would the hood surfaces looks "wavy"?

I mean how good is the surface of the carbon hood from JDP?
the factory steel hood of course is very good because it was stamped at the factory...
I don't want my hood to look like it had been on an accident after I paint them due to wavy/uneven surfaces...

I really need this hood because it have ventilation...
so it will help cooling,
by the way,
do the ventilation hole really working or just fake ventilation?

EDIT: one more question,
how about the clearance between the area where the ventilation is to the top of the engine intake manifold,
is it the same as stock hood or less now? because the ventilation seemed to be lower then the rest of the hood.
I worry if I install Sprintex, the supercharger top housing or the Supercharger Intake Pipe that goes to the throttle body
might hit this JDP hood around the ventilation area...

Thanks Ryu

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 08-05-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced my 2012 Fit's Accord horn with a Low Tone 400hz Sport Horn from College Hills Honda. It's louder than the Accord horn it replaced, but has a different tone.
a how-to video for the 2015 Fit with a sound clip in the first 10 seconds of the video.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I washed the inside of the windshield last night. I can see driving into the sun again! Ideally I'll be replacing it soon, but probably some time after the meetup in Edmonton. I'd hate to replace it then get a chip from a truck flinging rocks at me.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?