2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
2k-mile trip

Racked up 2k miles driving to WA and back to CA in my '08 Fit Sports AT. Held up well throughout the trip - straightaways, mountain curves, some rain, uphills and downhills. Averaged anywhere from 28-34 mpg @ slightly above the speed limit . Just couldn't find a comfy sitting position though but was great every time I pulled up to a gas station - always under 10 gal.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Washed FIT and then it started to rain. Tomorrow AM we go to Maine.
Maine was wonderful - trip totaled 800+miles, 40MPG, seats are comfortable - I've raised the font of the rail mount by 3 washers and it does add just enough leg support to make a positive difference. Rides and drives like a Fit, I love it.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
finally installed my jdp grill. friend ended not spraying the grill so i took it back (after 5 months of waiting) and sprayed it myself. i need to respray because it came out more of a creme color / offwhite. i might just end up selling it though. i initially bought this because it would be easier to clean vs the stock honeycomb grill...well that and i had the mod itch. lol. now i dunno if im feelin' it.

Name:  2010-09-15_06-28-13_515.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  2010-09-14_07-00-03_270.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  52.0 KB

Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by beangrower
finally installed my jdp grill. friend ended not spraying the grill so i took it back (after 5 months of waiting) and sprayed it myself. i need to respray because it came out more of a creme color / offwhite. i might just end up selling it though. i initially bought this because it would be easier to clean vs the stock honeycomb grill...well that and i had the mod itch. lol. now i dunno if im feelin it
I bet if you had the dealer respray it TW it would make a big difference. You can tell the color variation in the second picture even

Old 09-15-2010, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same problem painting my hood louvers with acrylic paint that was mixed to match the factory color... When and if I do some body work I will have to pay through the nose and get some base coat clear coat paint and shoot it again.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
finally installed my jdp grill. friend ended not spraying the grill so i took it back (after 5 months of waiting) and sprayed it myself. i need to respray because it came out more of a creme color / offwhite. i might just end up selling it though. i initially bought this because it would be easier to clean vs the stock honeycomb grill...well that and i had the mod itch. lol. now i dunno if im feelin' it.

I've seen this on a few Fits and it's just looking like the car is puckering up for a kiss. Black/Black I think would be the only color that would work.... well CF maybe too but I don't feel it on a TW Fit.

~SB

Old 09-15-2010, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
We can get spray cans of touch up at local Auto store (Crappy Tire for you Canucks)

I did the scrape on my lip and matched very well.Name:  001-12.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  30.3 KB

KC. Good idea on the washers. I may try that. Nothing else to do on it.

bill

Old 09-15-2010, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Received my dead pedal cover from Zeta Products today. Ordered it in the "smooth" finish. Check out the pics in my progress thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post910894

Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 PM
went to the hardware store, bought some 1/2" mdf and made a cargo cover shelf for my fit. Looks really nice and stock. ill take pictures tomorrow.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
DSC
Put in 6000K HID's from Xenith Xenon.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 AM
got stuck in a parking garage because of steep fcking entrances. heard all the horrors scraping underneath me. I almost shit myself.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
KC. Good idea on the washers. I may try that. Nothing else to do on it.

bill
Thanks Bill - sometimes it's the simplest things that make a difference ;-)

Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jaivee
went to the hardware store, bought some 1/2" mdf and made a cargo cover shelf for my fit. Looks really nice and stock. ill take pictures tomorrow.
Interested... almost did this - started the template but never finished. I was going to mount my subs to them but found a few problems. Strength of plastic wouldn't hold an amp, a 10" sub, & the MDF. Also, I'd need to cut an angled slice in the bottom of the board to make it safer in the event of a rear accident. I want that cover to break in 2 or 3 places so it isn't jammed into the back of the back seat (and into my Child's Safety seat) in the even of being rear-ended. I'm interested in the template as I might be interested in Framing it out and then using a lighter weight material (or cloth) in place of the main platform.

I'm still considering doing a new raised trunk floor like I did in my Integra.

Originally Posted by DSC

It's not looking like a projector Retrofit I like the color 6000K but not the glare.

Originally Posted by GarenteeAndy
got stuck in a parking garage because of steep fcking entrances. heard all the horrors scraping underneath me. I almost shit myself.
Check up a few posts about the Paint Job done to cover up scrape marks. Looks pretty good to me.

Thanks Bill - sometimes it's the simplest things that make a difference ;-)
you HAVE to do a DIY on this. Full HD Video, Pics, Flash Animation... JK ;-)
Actually, do you know what size washers you picked up? and are there pics of how much it raises it up? (I'm considering this)

~SB

Last edited by specboy; 09-16-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by specboy
you HAVE to do a DIY on this. Full HD Video, Pics, Flash Animation... JK ;-)
Actually, do you know what size washers you picked up? and are there pics of how much it raises it up? (I'm considering this)

~SB
HA I'm working on a HDfeature movie!

Mean time, all you need are three 3/8" washers each side under the front of the seat rail. That's 3/16 more or less and was all I needed. 4 washers would lift it 1/4". I wouldn't get carried away - it really doesn't take much, too much and you will need to get a longer seat bolt. I was simply looking for a bit more upper leg support out of those short seats. Forget who planted the seed in my head, but it was posted somewhere on the forum.

Interesting thing is that I kept in mind the loose seat rail issue some complain about on the Fit. Spec says those bolts should be at 25ft/lbs. Not much, mine were tight, but I'm sure they're tighter now.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Did you disconnect battery before doing this? I was wondering with the airbags if a concern. I am going to try it on the passenger side for the wife as well.

bill

HA I'm working on a HDfeature movie!

Mean time, all you need are three 3/8" washers each side under the front of the seat rail. That's 3/16 more or less and was all I needed. 4 washers would lift it 1/4". I wouldn't get carried away - it really doesn't take much, too much and you will need to get a longer seat bolt. I was simply looking for a bit more upper leg support out of those short seats. Forget who planted the seed in my head, but it was posted somewhere on the forum.

Interesting thing is that I kept in mind the loose seat rail issue some complain about on the Fit. Spec says those bolts should be at 25ft/lbs. Not much, mine were tight, but I'm sure they're tighter now.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Nope. Just pulled the rail bolts. Stacking the washers under the rail and getting the bolt through was the trickiest part. With the front bolts off the seat tips back just enough to frustrate you.

It is a subtle change but does make a difference. Passenger side I would raise to 1/4" for sure. The bolt will take it. Time to pull the seat??

I tried replacing the rail bolt, however, they have a funky stater nub on the end and I wasn't able to get the new off-the-shelf bolt started - of course it was blazing hot at the time and I was loosing patience. Never quite seen a set-up like that, it is just a bolt.

Reason for me to lengthen the bolt is to mount a support bracket for a universal RAM mount I've had for a while. The brackets go on the seat rail bolt and on the Fit I'm going to need to raise the seat bolt head to clear the floor contour. If I figure it out I'll be able to mount a lap top in the cabin. I'm hoping it wont crowd things too much.

RAM Mounts

Last edited by Krimson_Cardnal; 09-16-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Does the plastic cover still fit over the bolt with the three washers underneath?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM
No problem with the covers.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by DSC

I hate seeing this $hit on the road. Inconsiderate drivers blinding everyone else on the road with ricer headlight mods. Retro or go home. BTW, this is also illegal. :thumbdown:

Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i removed bird crap.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?