2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Haha I like that old school plate style. My opinion is irrelevant because it's not my car. So that why I didn't just say "rice" and leave it at that. I simply asked questions. Glad I can provide some inspiration haha. At least this topic stirred the pot to an otherwise not so active forum. If this was nasioc a simple topic like this would have started a full blown ego enraged Internet war lol
that pot has been stirred often enough regarding the RS. you are not the first and definitely not the last.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
finished up polishing my knob

lotsa defects here and there, but not bad for first time serious carbon fiber skinning with alot of complicated curves.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-20150720_223659_zpsif4n2trp.jpg  
Old 07-20-2015, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Alpina what color did you get? Yellow? Black? Blue?

Now I personally feel the retro plates belong on vintage cars, but thats just my preference. But I fully support anyone who decides to get them on a new car! Why you might ask?

Because it is support individualization. Customization. and creativity. To reflect one's own style onto their car is what this whole car game is about. And at the end of the day you like what you did then thats all that matters. And too many people don't get that.

There is always someone who does something unusual for the first time and to be the trend setter to change the car game. The first dude that put negative offset wheels on his ride, or the first person to put on air suspension on their daily driver, or the first guy to choose a lip kit over a body kit...someone always has to be the first to change the game.

So just mod and create, because knowing that there isn't another exact copy of your ride anywhere in the world is an amazing feeling!

Old 07-20-2015, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
finished up polishing my knob

lotsa defects here and there, but not bad for first time serious carbon fiber skinning with alot of complicated curves.
Dang! Is that the oem knob? Even if there are defects that looks sick! And props for tackling that!

Old 07-20-2015, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Alpina what color did you get? Yellow? Black? Blue?
Hi Mr. Hollow, I get the Black Background with Yellow Lettering

Old 07-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator
Dang! Is that the oem knob? Even if there are defects that looks sick! And props for tackling that!
lol thanks. its a spare knob i bought from some one here just to mess around with. kinda looks nice. edges are real bad. i'll stick to simpler panels from now on.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
lol thanks. its a spare knob i bought from some one here just to mess around with. kinda looks nice. edges are real bad. i'll stick to simpler panels from now on.
Well it was great experiment, and who knows maybe down the road you could make and sell some smaller Carbon fiber pieces.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Hi Mr. Hollow, I get the Black Background with Yellow Lettering
Cool brother Glad you like it.

Oh and just a warning, it will take a long time to get your plates. I ordered my plates a month and a half ago and I still haven't gotten my notice in the mail.

It takes a long time.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:01 AM
I got rid of the stock head unit/speakers for some Pioneer parts. Wow what a difference! I also know why this car weighs so little now too. I think ONE of the Pioneer speakers weighs as much as the 4 stock speakers combined.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Well it was great experiment, and who knows maybe down the road you could make and sell some smaller Carbon fiber pieces.
i thought about it, but hell it takes too much time and too much effort.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Got my Takero’s wing on.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:05 PM
^^ that's a good looking wing!

Old 07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nordstrom

Got my Takero’s wing on.
Nordstrom your ride looks awesome! Love the sides skirts and rear bumper. Makes the fit look aggressive.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
I wish there was something that looked like the Takero's add on, but that fit just on the edge of the hatch where the spoiler sits now. Just a subtle look a little different than non-sport non-LX models. The stock spoiler is alright, no spoiler looks a little weird (even though it probably saves a little gas not having it), and the Mugen/Spoon/Seeker spoilers all look a little too aggressive for me. If I had any fabrication skills at all, I would make something myself, but I know I'm not going to be able to do it justice. Too shaky of hands and I don't have an eye for straight lines.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Purchased some Koni struts/shocks from Tire Rack. com yesterday and then this morning I get a phone call from Indiana ( I don't know anyone in Indiana) so I ignore it. Only to find out it was TireRack calling me to do some BS verification crap. So I get this email with the whole disclaimer about credit card fraud and they need to verify that I am me.......

Its just stupid, I payed with paypal. I use paypal to avoid this shit. Paypal pays them, I pay Paypal, simple. Now I have to play phone tag to get my paid for item shipped.

Be wary of tirerack, feels real sketchy

Old 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
It may not be real, but it's the closest I'll ever get to the J's Racing wheel.

Name:  R1GN8eZl.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  57.0 KB

Old 07-21-2015, 10:44 PM
It may not be real, but it's the closest I'll ever get to the J's Racing wheel.

Very nice! Just those two small pieces changes the whole appearance of the wheel and interior for the better!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
Purchased some Koni struts/shocks from Tire Rack. com yesterday and then this morning I get a phone call from Indiana ( I don't know anyone in Indiana) so I ignore it. Only to find out it was TireRack calling me to do some BS verification crap. So I get this email with the whole disclaimer about credit card fraud and they need to verify that I am me.......

Its just stupid, I payed with paypal. I use paypal to avoid this shit. Paypal pays them, I pay Paypal, simple. Now I have to play phone tag to get my paid for item shipped.

Be wary of tirerack, feels real sketchy
weird never had that problem with TR.com

Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittinglyFittedFit
Very nice! Just those two small pieces changes the whole appearance of the wheel and interior for the better!
Thanks

Thinking about adding a red stitched steering wheel cover, but its on the back burner for now.

weird never had that problem with TR.com
Idk what the deal is, the only thing I can think of is that I listed the shipping address as different than the billing address. My paypal is linked to my parents house but I am shipping the konis to my new place.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Idk what the deal is, the only thing I can think of is that I listed the shipping address as different than the billing address. My paypal is linked to my parents house but I am shipping the konis to my new place.
thats probably exactly why. only time i ever had to confirm stuff like that was when i used a different shipping and billing address. never had a problem with tirerack before, but have had problems with ebay/paypal when using different or non-verified addresses.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?