2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wzlfit
May not be honda but they will match your car nice
Thanks wzlfit

Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
My paint guy charged me 100 for paint and primer, and it looks amazing.

The reason I went non-cf was because keeping up the clear coat on cf is a full time job. Especially in SoCal, the harsh sun eats clear coat like candy.

Thats good to hear that no extra holes were needed, I will definetly check out his pics and I look forward to yours as well.

As for now the spoiler isn't my biggest concern, but in a year or so, I will begin to reassess. Although maybe I should do while John is still in the game.
Hi Mr. Hollow,
May I know your paint guy contact/location?
I am looking for paint guy that would do good job and decent price.
Thanks

Old 06-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
$100 sounds about right. i paid $150 to get my mugen rear under spoiler painted.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Thanks wzlfit

Hi Mr. Hollow,
May I know your paint guy contact/location?
I am looking for paint guy that would do good job and decent price.
Thanks
New life Auto collision in Montclair, owner Arturo.

Although it might be a ways for you he does good work on the cheap.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
New life Auto collision in Montclair, owner Arturo.

Although it might be a ways for you he does good work on the cheap.
Thanks for the info

Old 06-22-2015, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FamilyWagon
Looks good 555sexydrive. What kinda of whp numbers does it put down? Also what RPM are you revving it to now?
Not too much, engine is now at about 142ps. Small amount for the money I've dumped into it, but that is the way of mekatuning (natural aspiration) and even more so on an engine that was never really designed for making power. It's peppy though. Revs are about the same, 7100.

Today I took out about another 17~18lbs of unneeded weight, not counting the 32lbs previously from my sub, amp and box. Carpet behind the front seats was cut out, that was about 6lbs and then stripped out the Dynamat that I laid when I first got the car. That was a chore. Still want to remove the factory sound deadening as well. Added a small bit of weight back in, with the really tiny Rockford amp under the passenger seat to power the front components.

Forgot, also installed the HPS cold air intake, just curious if I can feel any difference, HPS included a dyno sheet showing a 7hp/9tor increase over the stock box. And changed out my factory Phillips HID bulbs with some new Phillips bulbs at a slightly more kelvin.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 06-22-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a pic of the jdp diffuser after paint. It came out really well.

Name:  HDeFxPdl.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  47.6 KB

Here is a crappy shot of it in the daylight. I'll try and take some better pics this weekend (FFF Meet!)

Name:  qu9zad3l.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  65.4 KB

Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
My paint guy charged me 100 for paint and primer, and it looks amazing.

The reason I went non-cf was because keeping up the clear coat on cf is a full time job. Especially in SoCal, the harsh sun eats clear coat like candy.

Thats good to hear that no extra holes were needed, I will definetly check out his pics and I look forward to yours as well.

As for now the spoiler isn't my biggest concern, but in a year or so, I will begin to reassess. Although maybe I should do while John is still in the game.
Damn thats cheap. Maybe i just need better paint people. Its quite a bit more than that to get my wing painted here. I just hope it turns out well, should get it back by Wednesday.

You could always do lyons spoiler mod for now. cost you a few cents to buy the extra bolts. You can always go back to stock if it isnt your thing.

About the cf, the clear coat on it wouldnt be affected if you primed and painted over it right? I had a cf diffuser from jdp before and the finish was nice and smooth with no scratches and pinholes. I was expecting the fiberglass wing to be the same quality, but its sort of in rough shape with some dings and pinholes... Thats why i kinda regret getting non cf, because even though it was cheaper to start, i now have to pay extra to fix the imperfections :/

Old 06-22-2015, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a crappy shot of it in the daylight. I'll try and take some better pics this weekend (FFF Meet!)

nice man! my jdp hood is somewhere on the way here.....

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GE fit today?-hdefxpdl.jpg   What did you do to your GE fit today?-qu9zad3l.jpg  
Old 06-23-2015, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
Put on the fit ev tail lights today. I will try and put the front headlights on sat "hopefully the fit" the ev tails have different pigtails on the brake lights luckily they were included. I just t-tapped so I don't splice the original.
Name:  B647842D-4613-41BB-88CB-7CAC5CC0EE63_zps16vlnahy.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  126.4 KB

Old 06-23-2015, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Spent Father's Day giving the Fit a good wash and wax — plus, installed the hood edge deflector. Here's a photo of the the recently installed JDM tails, too.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Plasti-Dipped the grill bar today
Nice work, matches your setup well

Looks good Chris, congrats on finally getting it from JDP

Originally Posted by Regdog77
Put on the fit ev tail lights today. I will try and put the front headlights on sat "hopefully the fit" the ev tails have different pigtails on the brake lights luckily they were included. I just t-tapped so I don't splice the original.
Oh wow, you don't see those tails very often.

Authentics from a EV?

Originally Posted by WRCanuck
Spent Father's Day giving the Fit a good wash and wax — plus, installed the hood edge deflector. Here's a photo of the the recently installed JDM tails, too.
Looking good, black is not easy to keep clean

Old 06-23-2015, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waiz

Oh wow, you don't see those tails very often.

Authentics from a EV?

Yes they are authentic ev tails. I also have the headlights. I am going to try and fit them on this Friday. Hopefully I can make it out to fff on sat. Gotta find a baby sitter for the kids.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Damn thats cheap. Maybe i just need better paint people. Its quite a bit more than that to get my wing painted here. I just hope it turns out well, should get it back by Wednesday.

You could always do lyons spoiler mod for now. cost you a few cents to buy the extra bolts. You can always go back to stock if it isnt your thing.

About the cf, the clear coat on it wouldnt be affected if you primed and painted over it right? I had a cf diffuser from jdp before and the finish was nice and smooth with no scratches and pinholes. I was expecting the fiberglass wing to be the same quality, but its sort of in rough shape with some dings and pinholes... Thats why i kinda regret getting non cf, because even though it was cheaper to start, i now have to pay extra to fix the imperfections :/
I bought some spoiler brackets from a TFC member, but the pieces were "off" a little bit. I'm looking for another alternative that has a bigger contact patch on the trunk so it won't wobble around so much.

Your wording confused me a little, do you want to paint the cf diffuser? The carbon fiber wraps around the fiberglass and then its given a thick varnish then a clear coat. So my guess is because JDP usually wraps their fiberglass whatever imperfections came out of the mold didn't matter because it was going to get wrapped. All in all I would still by the fiberglass and primer/paint (like taffeta white) than buy the cf and then paint on top...its a waste of perfectly good carbon fiber, plus the whole issue of oxidation.

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
nice man! my jdp hood is somewhere on the way here.....
Awesome, your ride is coming along very nicely

Yes they are authentic ev tails. I also have the headlights. I am going to try and fit them on this Friday. Hopefully I can make it out to fff on sat. Gotta find a baby sitter for the kids.
What is different about the EV headlights?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Oh what i mean is you were worried about the clear coat on a cf diffuser being damaged, but i thought that if you just painted over that it wouldnt really be an issue. So if that were the case you could just paint the cf diffuser directly without worrying about imperfections since those seem to have a better finish right from jdp. Hope that clears it up.

I didnt know he simply wrapped the fiber glass part and then varnished it. I thought the whole thing was actually cf. guess thats why the finish is a lot smoother.

Anyway... I hope my wing is done tomorrow!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Oh what i mean is you were worried about the clear coat on a cf diffuser being damaged, but i thought that if you just painted over that it wouldnt really be an issue. So if that were the case you could just paint the cf diffuser directly without worrying about imperfections since those seem to have a better finish right from jdp. Hope that clears it up.

I didnt know he simply wrapped the fiber glass part and then varnished it. I thought the whole thing was actually cf. guess thats why the finish is a lot smoother.

Anyway... I hope my wing is done tomorrow!!!

Carbon fiber is a woven material like a fabric that is cast with resin.

Carbon fiber is super light weight and strong, but its not very rigid by itself. So it is often "wrapped" around something stronger. In this case a fiberglass piece. Fiberglass is not very strong, but wrapped in cf it becomes a lot stronger so you have the lightness of the cf and the fiberglass...which is a lighter than aluminum, but just as strong.

Now high end carbon fiber pieces such as Ferrari/ lambo pieces are all carbon fiber, multiple pieces of cf strengthening each other.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member

What is different about the EV headlights?
Tails are led with a blue frame. The headlights are the same color, other than that no real difference. They are only on the ev and ev's are a lease and not sold.
Name:  7BC4512F-61CC-4114-9F96-A35C7F324DBA_zpsbdq1rhmb.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  71.8 KB

Old 06-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Tails are led with a blue frame. The headlights are the same color, other than that no real difference. They are only on the ev and ev's are a lease and not sold.
That is a beautiful tail light. If I had a blue fit I'd totally find myself a set!

Old 06-24-2015, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy
That is a beautiful tail light. If I had a blue fit I'd totally find myself a set!
Yes it is nice. I think it also goes well with my tw ge8 it's subtle.

Name:  D4ACC728-0AD0-41C4-A789-DE6D7C709049_zpsuhabkm8w.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  138.6 KB

Old 06-24-2015, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good! What kind of spoiler is that? Doesnt look like a plain hatch.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good! What kind of spoiler is that? Doesnt look like a plain hatch.
It's a modulo spoiler. I also have an rs modulo sport spoiler that I am contemplating on putting on. Still need to paint it. Looks like this.
Name:  C1F289D2-C127-4F3F-A0EB-4E433414ACF8_zpsxcgbi7og.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  36.2 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?