2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Beat up on the Kumho Ecsta 4X proper the other night.

They're impressive for HP all seasons. Not as good as the S.Drive at full tread side by side, but they can hold their own IMO. Good for winter wet driving, went through a few wet patches full blast and they didn't really care much. The S.Drives would give a little side step in the same situation. The same water is present on the same corner pretty much 365 days, I think it's a drainage, so it's easy to compare.

They are vocal though, they will let you know slowly and with increasing volume when you're approaching the oh shit limit. Definitely softer sidewalls. I was running them at 36 on all 4 but i'm going to have to bump the front up next time, they were rolling over a bit. Definitely more ballooney than the S.Drives, I was rubbing on my passenger side on bumps, which I never rubbed on before, so i'm going to have to tuck the fenderliner over there now like I have on the driver's side.

For the price, great tires.

Now if only they weren't so ugly. They're growing on me though.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Administrator
Finally got my TPMS reset today, I went to Allen Tire in Torrance instead of the dealer and they paired my new TPMS sensor to the ECU.

After 2 weeks no more Orangeish Yellow TPMS glowing on the dash!

Originally Posted by spryter
Looks good, Waiz! If I'm not too poor, I might finally grab the first of the last of the mods I want. With the list of possibilities so long, I think I've pared it down to what's happening to the car. A much shorter list than I would like, but you have to prioritize, and I just have other hobbies that I want to spend some money on.
Thanks!

What do you have planned? This big list of stuff that I just completed should be it for me for awhile. I just need to give the car a full detail which I will do next week most likely.

Originally Posted by phenoyz
Nice shot...
off topic can you suggest a good shop for wheel alignment here in SoCal
thanks
Thanks!

I go to Allen Tire in Torrance. They have been taking care of me for several years and they mount tires, reset TPMS and do alignments.

Allen Tire #19 (Torrance) 90503

You can go to any Allen Tire in SoCal and they do alignments!

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Beat up on the Kumho Ecsta 4X proper the other night.

They're impressive for HP all seasons. Not as good as the S.Drive at full tread side by side, but they can hold their own IMO. Good for winter wet driving, went through a few wet patches full blast and they didn't really care much. The S.Drives would give a little side step in the same situation. The same water is present on the same corner pretty much 365 days, I think it's a drainage, so it's easy to compare.

They are vocal though, they will let you know slowly and with increasing volume when you're approaching the oh shit limit. Definitely softer sidewalls. I was running them at 36 on all 4 but i'm going to have to bump the front up next time, they were rolling over a bit. Definitely more ballooney than the S.Drives, I was rubbing on my passenger side on bumps, which I never rubbed on before, so i'm going to have to tuck the fenderliner over there now like I have on the driver's side.

For the price, great tires.

Now if only they weren't so ugly. They're growing on me though.
As long as they work in the winter that's all that matters!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Changed the rear break pads... did some research on the caliper/piston, did deep cleaning and made a mess of brake fluid that had to buy break fluid and replace some...
I also Installed the pedal's Honda Access metal plates on... lucky i had the tools...
Ordered paint care/ wax, as well as the Nylon washers/Bush from the back seats, the seats are getting noisy...

Old 01-24-2015, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waiz
What do you have planned? This big list of stuff that I just completed should be it for me for awhile. I just need to give the car a full detail which I will do next week most likely.
- Megan Racing OE-RS exhaust, Progress RSB, Blox battery tie down & short antenna, J's rad cap to match the oil cap, wheels, and seats.

Good lord the seats. I can't handle these uncomfortable seats much longer. Plus, I want to install a heating kit in them, and according to the manufacturer of the kit I like (OEM look hidden under factory seat fabric), the fabric is glued onto the foam. Tearing off the factory covers just to put in a heater kit is a lot of potentially destructive work. Not to mention getting them to conform to the foam again would be extremely difficult.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:59 AM
5 Year Member
DAMN Waiz! T_____T

2015 is gonna be the year of the Fits it seems!

Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
nice GK and all however this is the GE FORUM

Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Still finding my way around

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
nice GK and all however this is the GE FORUM
Oops, summimasen, es tut mir leid, & pardon; thanks for the tip, I'll relocate!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Name:  dJ7QUPXl.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  54.0 KB

Got these in the mail the other day..

Old 01-25-2015, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
My OEM Honda Tools for Oil Filter Removal arrive today :

Also,
I had this Aluminum Engine Oil Fill Cover as bonus from
T1R for buying the header installed:

and...

I also installed the short Carbon Fiber Antenna that I got
from buying the JDM Rear Mugen Trunk Carpet,
but forgot to take pictures of it though...

Old 01-25-2015, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Installed Hawk HPS 5.0 pads and Centric rotors. First time ever doing a change myself. What a learning experience.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by rigwig

Got these in the mail the other day..

Pajama pants?

-- Looks good.

~ S.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:35 AM
- Megan Racing OE-RS exhaust, Progress RSB, Blox battery tie down & short antenna, J's rad cap to match the oil cap, wheels, and seats.

Good lord the seats. I can't handle these uncomfortable seats much longer. Plus, I want to install a heating kit in them, and according to the manufacturer of the kit I like (OEM look hidden under factory seat fabric), the fabric is glued onto the foam. Tearing off the factory covers just to put in a heater kit is a lot of potentially destructive work. Not to mention getting them to conform to the foam again would be extremely difficult.

Get the 8th Gen Civic si seats! a world of difference. I could not drive a fit with the stock seats.no way in hell.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member

How does the megan racing oe-rs exhaust sound? Could you make a sound clip?

Old 01-25-2015, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, I don't have it yet. That's my list of "to buy/install" stuff. Someone on here did one, though. Its a ways back in this thread. Sounds a little louder than stock, but it doesn't have much drone or rasp to it, iirc.

I have to make some long drives sometimes, so I don't want something too droning or that requires me to remember to put a silencer in it. I won't get as much power, but it will be enough of a gain for me. Plus, it'll take some of the car's struggle out of steep hills.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
purchased some wiper inserts from collegehills. turns out my rear and driver's side wiper is torn about two inches. no wonder it's not wiping so clean..

Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 AM
Adjusted the valves on my fit today and changed out the wiper blades.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Installed my Thule roof rack and bike trays. I though it would make my 09 base look more rugged... This car isn't ever going to look more rugged

Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
How does the megan racing oe-rs exhaust sound? Could you make a sound clip?
I have an IG post of it way back when bro! I don't know if you ever listened to it when Wais asked to hear it that one time. It's decent, not that loud at all and has a nice low tone.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Burzpaw
I have an IG post of it way back when bro! I don't know if you ever listened to it when Wais asked to hear it that one time. It's decent, not that loud at all and has a nice low tone.
Could you post a link? I would appreciate it!

Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
received the wiper inserts i bought from college hills honda. took 2 days to ship, unlike some other crap i ordered im still waiting on. anyways took less than 5 mins to change out all three. by far the easiest maintenance job done.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?