2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by xxryu139x
congrats! wasnt it fun pulling that oem box?
Actually it is nice to see it gone took an awful lot of space up for such a small engine. I was wondering does it take a little while for it to readjust to the better intake?

Old 07-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Got around to taking some pics today

Last edited by Longlivetheking; 07-06-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GeneralLee86
Actually it is nice to see it gone took an awful lot of space up for such a small engine. I was wondering does it take a little while for it to readjust to the better intake?
u mean to readjust back to no gain? cant even tell except for the VROOM

Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spieler
Today? I washed my '13 PMM.

~ S.
Cool picture. I washed mine today to.

I also discovered that the front license plate holder bolts on under the bumper. Took it off and was pleased to see no holes in my bumper!

I tried flipping the holder upside down, got some longer M6x1 30mm bolts and bolted it right up to the OEM holes. Looks better and gives some protection to the ac condenser. Still need to get some mesh for the grill.

Before:

After:

Behind the screnes:

No touching up top (My clearcoat isnt peeling, it's the 3M clear bra I tried)

Last edited by mr.ramsey; 07-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by luismycorreo
Just installed these new Aftermarket - LED Tail Light Brake Signal Neon Tube Parking Lamp 09-13 Honda Fit

Aftermarket - LED Tail Light Brake Signal Neon Tube Parking Lamp 09-13 Honda Fit - BLACK Background

Video: Aftermarket - LED Tail Light Brake Signal Neon Tube Parking Lamp 09-13 Honda Fit

I got these shipped to Canada for $225

I'll post pictures tomorrow...

Luis
I'll introduce you mon petit bijou
Pictures as promised....

Luis

Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome idea about flipping the license plate mount! Do you think this would affect radiator cooling? It looks like air could still travel below it and then up.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carboy
Awesome idea about flipping the license plate mount! Do you think this would affect radiator cooling? It looks like air could still travel below it and then up.
Thanks!
I don't think it will cause any issues at all. Still lots of room for air to flow.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Pictures as promised....

Luis
Is it possible to have you take a picture that isn't up close? A rear shot of the whole car perhaps? Much appreciated

Old 07-07-2014, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
The K&N Typhoon is NOT going to give you any noticeable gains. Even K&N's dyno sheet only says it adds 4 or so hp. Even with the low power of the Fit you're not going to actually feel or notice that. And yeah, from what I've read the ECU in the car would just readjust anyway. You're just going to hear some extra induction noise (which is fun, don't get me wrong). The only other benefit is that you know it's there and that you installed it

Old 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
One fluid changed... finally changed my brake fluid after feeling like it was a bit soft yesterday. Not saying it was some immediate change, just that I actually decided to check and that's what it felt like.

Four years... >.>

Had my wheels off and should've done the transmission too... but I was still being lazy... so that'll be some other day (when I do my oil?).

Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 PM
got my SS pedals today in the mail, and the WRONG replacement clips for my visors...AGAIN! emailed the seller again. waiting to hear if they're going to send the right ones, or just ship all this back to them. Mean time got my K&N and planning on doing the front plate mount flip also. And should have my TPMS sensors and wheels here soon! gonna order tires and have everything swapped over once I get it lowered.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 PM
More like what did I do to the Fit a month ago, but I thought you guys might like to hear this. My Fit won 1st Place in the Slammed class at Fatlace's Offset Kings Chicago. Some of you probably know this because you follow me on Instagram @fitthestance but you guys on the forum probably don't know. Anyways, here are a couple pics. The first one is actually from Offset Kings, the second is from a later show. And the third is a pic of the passenger side because those wheels are gold haha. Oh and PS, my Fit is static, no bags here.

Slammedenuff by nickwochok, on Flickr

Elegant Shot Studios by nickwochok, on Flickr

Gold Side by nickwochok, on Flickr

Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Piolk, looks good! static, eh? must not commute to far in it. my commute is 99% freeway and I'd still cringe driving something that low daily.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
That is a good point.

So why buy a STACK then right?

Just install a tach, oil pressure, water temp. That's what, $300 at the most? Good enough for NASCAR good enough for you.

There's all kinds of extraneous BS out there. Shit just put a oil pressure light, a high temp light, and a shift light in the car and call it a day.

I would find that thing useful for setup, idk, you're right not needed on race day, but just an easier way to take data.
here is a detailed TPMS avail that is well less than the Mugen one, if anyone was actually interested in something like that:
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...toring+Systems

Old 07-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Congrats on the award Piolk

Pictures as promised....
Luis
Looking good Luis, a local member has these and I was able to see them in person. Very classy look!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Pictures as promised...
I was looking at ordering those, couldn't find any reviews. Next time it rains, let us know if it fogs. Are these visible from 500 feet? (Legal distance in my state.)

Old 07-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by pozzi
here is a detailed TPMS avail that is well less than the Mugen one, if anyone was actually interested in something like that:
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/...toring+Systems
Thanks for posting, I was almost more curious about temperature changes, and there it is included in that kit. I wonder how granular it is. Mugen overpriced as usual.

Buying the Mugen over this would be style points lol

I will probably buy that for my other car. I didn't consider the Mugen because of price but that's very affordable.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cbgoding
I was looking at ordering those, couldn't find any reviews. Next time it rains, let us know if it fogs. Are these visible from 500 feet? (Legal distance in my state.)
150m (500 feets) if it fogs, surely someone else in the back will be able to see the lights, I was worried about the turn signals in a sunny day however I tested and I was able to see the amber color of the LEDs, the red ones for the brake are the most brilliants.

Just one thing, you must to order a pair of T20 white led for the reverse lights...

Thats all, hope this helps

The ones with RED background + Smoke seems to be awesomes and the CLEAR crystal too (like the JDM RS model)

Luis

Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Word. Thanks for the quick reply, now I need to start saving...

If it ever stops raining I'll wash my car and post a pic of my badly painted rays knockoffs :P

Old 07-09-2014, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Congrats on the award Piolk

Looking good Luis, a local member has these and I was able to see them in person. Very classy look!
Thanks Waizzz, I saw pictures of the JDM Honda FIT RS model and I think the Crystal Clear will be the best choice, depending on the color for sure.

Some images

Luis

Old 07-09-2014, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
for anyone interested in getting some upgraded motor mounts:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...ue-damper.html

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?