2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
wahaha just hit submit order on www.trs.com

Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
Installed the Progress rear sway bar. At 73K miles, I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. We haven't had a really good test of it yet, but so far it seems to be a fairly dramatic improvement...the car doesn't understeer like a tractor anymore. The real test is a freeway onramp on our commute...fairly high speed, off-chamber, and with a slightly decreasing radius. Sort of a worst-case scenario for understeer-prone cars. :-)

Installation is ridiculously easy. 30 minutes, tops. And...you don't technically have to remove the rear springs, but it's so easy and makes the job go even quicker that I recommend doing it.

Also did adjusted the valves for the first time. All 16 were loose. The job is not hard, but I did have to pull the battery, airbox, upper intake manifold, and throttle body. A set of bent go/no-go feeler gauges was very helpful.

The only issue I had was I snapped off a valve cover bolt and badly stretched a second one. And before anyone says it...yes, I was using a torque wrench. The bolts are pretty weak. And of course the one that broke was the one on the back right side where there's minimal clearance to get a drill with a screw extractor in there. I had to get creative, but got it out without too much trouble. Then I discovered that there was only one valve cover bolt at any Honda dealership anywhere in SoCal....and it was 80 miles away. That sucked. But, the car's back together with one new bolt and the stretched one holding on so far. ..and I have a new set on order.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Installed my window visors this weekend.

Still have a bunch of boxes of parts to get installed. Hood deflector, Clazzios, Cargo Liner and Headlight Armor fog and taillight covers.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Well I finally got the infamous a/c heater blower problem of the fan only working on the highest speed. Of course that meant the resistor had gone out. So followed this DIY of removing and re-soldering the resistor - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...or-repair.html. Went fine and after reinstalling, the blower worked on all four speed settings. BUT the blower motor is making an awful clicking noise when on at any speed. So I found this thread and pretty damn sure my blower motor is on it's last legs - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-revealed.html. Even though the resistor is repaired, if the bearing in the motor is out then it's inevitably going to just burn up that solder point on the resistor again, not to mention the annoying noise it will make while on. There is a TSB for this problem so Honda knows these bearings go out - http://www.scribd.com/doc/26128795/2...tor-TSB-09-097. Looks like I'll be ordering a new blower motor. Probably throw in a new resistor while I'm at it since it's not that much more. Bernardi has it all for $201 shipped. Hate spending hundreds of dollars on not-fun things for my car haha. I don't use the A/C in my car at all, even when it's 100+ degrees. But most of the time anyone else is in with me they demand it, especially women lol. Oh well.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Or looks like I could order the parts w/ free shipping from Advance Auto for $142. I mean if the OEM version burns up then what do I have to lose with a cheaper one?

Old 05-27-2014, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
wahaha just hit submit order on Topic Related Searching (TRS)
you ordered a topic related search?

I know of two things that I bought stuff from that have TRS as short names.

The Retrofit Source

The Ruck Shop

Both also sent stickers along with my orders that were basically circles with "TRS" inside.

Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Or looks like I could order the parts w/ free shipping from Advance Auto for $142. I mean if the OEM version burns up then what do I have to lose with a cheaper one?
It means that, in the worst case scenario (however unlikely it is)... it's another $142 out the window if it doesn't last long.

I thought TSBs have a chance of being good willed, even after warranties expire? Could've costed less than the Advance Auto part, or even free (depending on their "good will"). Why didn't you ask first?

Doesn't hurt (much) to ask.

~~~~

As for myself, I didn't do anything to my Fit today... but I did finally get a pair of shipping notices for stuff I bought for the Fit. "Pleasantly annoyed" (if that's possible), that one of them was actually shipped last Friday and scheduled to arrive this Friday. The other one, despite coming from the same shop, was just shipped today. There's a tracking number, but it hasn't shown up on the website tracking. So, no idea when that's supposed to arrive.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Haven't bought anything yet. I will call the local dealer and ask, but I do not have much faith that will work out haha. You're right though, worth a shot.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Haven't bought anything yet. I will call the local dealer and ask, but I do not have much faith that will work out haha. You're right though, worth a shot.
You changed the resistor though, didn't you? That might be enough for them to decided against good willing it for you. Unless you're lucky and get a really nice service manager.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
I took the resistor out and re soldered it yeah. They don't have to know that tho. Wouldn't be able to tell by looking at it.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Goobers
you ordered a topic related search?

I know of two things that I bought stuff from that have TRS as short names.

The Retrofit Source

The Ruck Shop

Both also sent stickers along with my orders that were basically circles with "TRS" inside.
meh i was being lazy to type. i did mean The Retrofit Source. Also bought a pair of TYC Sport Headlights from RockAuto!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:46 PM
meh i was being lazy to type. i did mean The Retrofit Source. Also bought a pair of TYC Sport Headlights from RockAuto!
Been getting closer to getting that mugen shuttle grill did it bolt right in or did you have to mod it in anyway

Old 05-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by HONDA4LIFE420
Been getting closer to getting that mugen shuttle grill did it bolt right in or did you have to mod it in anyway
you will have to drill 4 small holes on the bumper itself

Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 PM
you will have to drill 4 small holes on the bumper itself
Good to know it's a really nice piece very rare think I've seen one other car with it in here

Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Just installed and tested out my new throttle controller that came in earlier today. Makes driving more fun than it already was

Old 05-28-2014, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
In that case, could've just left it a "TRS." Even though I mentioned The Ruck Shop, there aren't many Ruckus owners here and most would just see it as The Retrofit Source.

Anyway, I was just poking fun.

So, I take it you are planning on using the headlights from RockAuto to mod with parts from TRS?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Physically nothing to it, but I did just order Cusco front and rear stabilizers, Cusco pillowball front upper mounts and some new coil packs from TM Works. And FINALLY going to have my mission rebuilt starting on Jun 7th. Decided to rebuild all of it versus just changing out the messed up 2nd. Thought on that was, if something else goes just after having it opened up, I would be quite angry at myself for half-assing it.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Physically nothing to it, but I did just order Cusco front and rear stabilizers, Cusco pillowball front upper mounts and some new coil packs from TM Works.
You'll love those Cusco stabilizers! That is, i did! I started rolling before the car did!

Edit: stock springs, by the way!

Last edited by hotkey; 05-28-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Well my sussy is already quite stiff with not much roll from what it is, the underbracing and the cage, but I figured I would give it a go and if it doesn't improve at all, or by the slim chance makes the handling go south from where it is, I'll just sell them.

I'm expecting more positive results from the front upper mounts honestly.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by jbyron
finished up the wires runs, installing the amp and the fiberglass sparetire sub enclosure. Sounds great, but just some loose ends to finish up, mostly for aesthetics. I can't find anywhere to stealth this amp, as tiny as it is, so it's just sitting there. I may switch to an even smaller amp (nvx mvpa1), but it puts out maybe too much power for this sub? And it's $180 Also deciding whether to cut a whole in the floor and put a nice grill on the sub. We'll see

Did you make that setup in your spare tire for your sub yourself? it looks sick! ive been wnating to put a sub in my fit but didnt want to take up trunk space because i like to be able to load up the back of mine but dont want a 1.5'x1.5' BOX in the trunk. Have any more info or pics on how you set it up? i am very interested! Thanks!

Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Oil change. The placebo effect is strong with this one. It feels smoother, quieter, quicker revving, etc. There's no way an oil change can do that much, but I'm enjoying it anyway. And now the Maintenance Minder alert is gone.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?