2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
WOW a page of bickering about HID lights. Thanks for blowing up my email.

Unsubscribed from this thread now.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Well put about the bickering

Old 04-21-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
(mostly redneck truckers)
If I didn't know you lived in Alberta before... :P

Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by HONDA4LIFE420
So anyone here have a 2012+ sport with a front lip that isn't jdp I wanna do something but I don't wanna spend 300 or have garage trim any help would be great why hasn't china started making reps of stuff I miss the civic days of getting carbon wings and lips for nothing I would love real carbon hand made stuff but I got a house and two other cars to pay for so money can't just be thrown around I'm sure many can relate
search the forums for S206 lip($50-$65) or the diy home depot/lowes lip($10-$15). personally went with the lowes diy route for fun, and plastidip'd for shits&giggles and turned out nice imo.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by painterguy
WOW a page of bickering about HID lights. Thanks for blowing up my email.

Unsubscribed from this thread now.
Why do you have emails enabled?, your bad

Originally Posted by SieGunso
search the forums for S206 lip($50-$65) or the diy home depot/lowes lip($10-$15). personally went with the lowes diy route for fun, and plastidip'd for shits&giggles and turned out nice imo.
Can you post a pic of the Lowes version installed? I have the EZ-lip but I am thinking about going a different route since I frayed the edges of mine.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Got a replica mugen grille

Old 04-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Will look into it thanks for the info I'll have to try the lowes one why not it's cheap and easy yay easy stuff

Old 04-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by MyFitOwnsYours
Got a replica mugen grille
I wish they made one for the 2013 I so jealous

Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by HONDA4LIFE420
I wish they made one for the 2013 I so jealous
like this?

Name:  03a3dd79-c0a0-4473-950c-ffd4b5545857_zps79b2677f.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  83.4 KB

Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
so this is for mike410b i never stood in front of my car you idiot maybe if you read it i said that other people were in front of my car (driving). anyway if you would read the California regs you would see the laws on hid's and mine are not illegal. i have had no problems with CHP because i have shown them my car and they have no issues.
1.) Your friends are probably the same kind of people who do this crap.

2.) I guarantee you, yours ARE illegal. Indirectly, almost all modifications are illegal. Modifying lights is a sure fire way to illegality.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Can you post a pic of the Lowes version installed? I have the EZ-lip but I am thinking about going a different route since I frayed the edges of mine.

did this with the bumper still attached. stayed on strong till last month when nyc was filled with potholes and scraped it off. plenty of other users on here says it's better to do with with the bumper off.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
If I didn't know you lived in Alberta before... :P
I'm from Vancouver originally, still can't get used to the damn weather and excessive amount of lifted trucks here. Was driving on slush in my summer tires the other day...

did this with the bumper still attached. stayed on strong till last month when nyc was filled with potholes and scraped it off. plenty of other users on here says it's better to do with with the bumper off.
Looks really good, I've been considering doing the front one in white, cause I'm too poor right now to buy a jdp lip.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
like this?

Where did you get that did you get the fit shuttle mugen grill would think that would be expensive only possible one I know of looks great

Old 04-22-2014, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
I'm from Vancouver originally, still can't get used to the damn weather and excessive amount of lifted trucks here. Was driving on slush in my summer tires the other day...
I know, right? It gets worse the further north you go. My neighbour and I are the only people who own cars for two blocks of my street. The rest is all lifted trucks. Its a similar landscape everywhere else in town.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member

Looks really good, I've been considering doing the front one in white, cause I'm too poor right now to buy a jdp lip.
If someone would stop buying bags they would not be so poor -

Now is that grill a stock one just painted white?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
^ that looks terrible. Get some projectors.
+1 for everything these guys are saying kochsteven, please do not be "that guy" with the shitty plug and play kit. There are enough idiots blinding us at night with this setup(mostly redneck truckers), and I'd like to think the fit community is smarter than that.

Do us and everyone on the road a favour and either take those HIDs out of your reflector housings, or get a retrofit done.

You can aim your bowls down as much as you want, there will still be glare everywhere. at some point you'll actually have worse output than stock because the main light output will just be directly in front of you. So again, a lose/lose.

If you really just want the "blueish" lights, then dump the HIDs and get 6000-7000k halogen bulbs.

Ahh I see that explains a lot lol!
I'm late to the party on this topic, but there's a difference between being an asshole, and giving constructive feedback.

Last edited by EdgarAllanPWN; 04-22-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by kochsteven4
so this is for mike410b i never stood in front of my car you idiot maybe if you read it i said that other people were in front of my car (driving). anyway if you would read the California regs you would see the laws on hid's and mine are not illegal. i have had no problems with CHP because i have shown them my car and they have no issues.
Hey koch going to give you some constructive feedback.

Those lights are illegal in CA simply because of the color (blue), doesn't matter HID or not, I know the DOT regs well. It is cool that some CHP officers said they are ok with the lights, but that is not a pass statewide. Other officers might not feel the same, CHP or local PD.

You could drive around for ten years with blue lights and never get stopped for them. I got stopped for blue lights in the past, i'm pretty sure they were just using that as the reason to stop me, as I wasn't speeding but it was late and maybe they just thought I was suspicious.

Anyway, do what you do and if you like them and they're not bothering anyone, that's cool, just letting you know so you don't make a fool of yourself in front of a cop that pulls you for those lights arguing with him that officer so and so said they were ok.

For reference:
V C Section 25950 Color of Lamps and Reflectors

Color of Lamps and Reflectors

25950. This section applies to the color of lamps and to any reflector exhibiting or reflecting perceptible light of 0.05 candela or more per foot-candle of incident illumination. Unless provided otherwise, the color of lamps and reflectors upon a vehicle shall be as follows:

(a) The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from in front of a vehicle, shall be white or yellow, except as follows:

(1) Rear side marker lamps required by Section 25100 may show red to the front.

(2) The color of foglamps described in Section 24403 may be in the color spectrum from white to yellow.

(3) An illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall emit radiation predominantly in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum. Any incidental visible light projecting to the front of the vehicle shall be predominantly yellow to white. Any incidental visible light projecting to the rear of the vehicle shall be predominantly red. Any incidental visible light from an illuminating device, as permitted under Section 24255, shall not resemble any other required or permitted lighting device or official traffic control device.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Can't really tell the thickness from that pic but it looks good to me. I will probably go to Lowes and see what I can find over the weekend

Thanks for posting a pic

TW FTW!

I would love to get the JDP but can't because my area is not low-aero friendly

I hope to stop commuting far for work soon and maybe I can try to either get the JDP or an STi lip

Old 04-22-2014, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Got my SickSpeed shorty antenna today! Looks great even though its a different shade of blue, and no problems with radio reception. Very happy with it.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Hey koch going to give you some constructive feedback.

Those lights are illegal in CA simply because of the color (blue), doesn't matter HID or not, I know the DOT regs well. It is cool that some CHP officers said they are ok with the lights, but that is not a pass statewide. Other officers might not feel the same, CHP or local PD.

You could drive around for ten years with blue lights and never get stopped for them. I got stopped for blue lights in the past, i'm pretty sure they were just using that as the reason to stop me, as I wasn't speeding but it was late and maybe they just thought I was suspicious.

Anyway, do what you do and if you like them and they're not bothering anyone, that's cool, just letting you know so you don't make a fool of yourself in front of a cop that pulls you for those lights arguing with him that officer so and so said they were ok.

For reference:
Wanderer thanks for the infirmation you provided it is very helpfull and now i know.quite frankly im tired of talking about it, not your fault by any means. Im just going to stop posting pictures so that way no one says anything. If i can help someone else then i will comment but other than that im not gonna be posting anymore. Thanks to those who had good info to give.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?