2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by connor55
Yep, that's partly why I've changed all of mine as well, as well as the fact that their instant on/off capability makes them far more noticeable for others to see your signals. Just be careful when choosing your LEDs, don't buy cheap junk off of ebay for example. Make sure to look for reviews, because a LOT of LEDs are advertised as being super bright but end up being barely visible, especially in sunlight and at off angles!
Truth. I had a set of good ones from SuperBrightLEDs with 6 elements on each. I wanted brighter so I bought some 13-led units from Ebay. They were the same brightness, and burned out in about 2 months. I bought another set of "high power Samsung" ones from Ebay. They were brighter, but also burned out in about 2 months. I'm back to my Superbrights and happy with them being equally as bright as OEM.

When I first installed the superbrights I swapped one only so I could compare to OEM. Superbright lists lumens on theirs, almost nobody else does. The lumens rating they gave my lights matched OEM, and they visually match OEM so I believe their other ratings as well.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by painterguy
Picked this up from John at JDP last night hope to get it installed tomorrow after I do some test fit and add some clear bumper paint protectant.
Nice! I've been thinking about getting it too but a frp one and a paint match;

Old 03-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Nice! I've been thinking about getting it too but a frp one and a paint match;
Mine will actually get partial painted after I get it mounted and do some photoshop to see how I want it painted. I might actually go for a splitter look not 100% sure yet.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by kloopon
just took some pics today and oh yeah, the new Js racing 304 exhaust , it was so hot outside

cool car !
where did u get the orange mirror cover ?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by kloopon
Hi Sandy

Did you also replace the manifold on your dc2?
I had js installed on my previous 09 ge8 (just the tailpipe) and it was still tolerable. And now on my 12 ge8, i've replaced the downpipe also but left the fp and cp stock and my wife said " it's loud and it sounds like crap in the morning" I kinda agree with her, it's too loud when cruising jn the highway. Thank God they came with a separate silencer
Hey,

Yeah had a Toda replica on there fitted a JDM cat which I thought would dull it down but was still as loud really!

Good they do come with the silencer was useful for me at times, they are great exhausts though.

Thanks for the info glad I found someone who owns one, may be planning a supercharger in the future so the J's may be a bit too loud fir what I'm planning on a Fit.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Picked this up from John at JDP last night hope to get it installed tomorrow after I do some test fit and add some clear bumper paint protectant.
Forget about the lip, that's some nice floor tile!

Can't wait to see this installed at the next meet

Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Forget about the lip, that's some nice floor tile!
set that floor myself. Marble is sooooo nice.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Yeah me too, plus I think it's illegal to not have any amber on the front.

Care to do a side by side of the LEDs vs stock when it gets dark out?

Oh and what brand are they?
Do you want ambers? I think I still have some at home, you can have them if you want.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Its illegal to have blue and red. not sure about NOT having any amber.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Administrator
set that floor myself. Marble is sooooo nice.
Good job, that's some baller marble!

Originally Posted by pig_pit
Its illegal to have blue and red. not sure about NOT having any amber.
State of California says your front lights or reflectors may be either white or yellow only

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

I just prefered to have them Amber to match the orange reflectors on the side of the lights

Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
I have heard people say its illegal in more than one place, but ive never actually looked it up, so im not 100% sure. i actually prefer the amber look anyway, so it really makes no difference to me. Its probably one of those things that varies by location.

jmsplitfyre, i may take you up on that offer

Old 03-29-2014, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by honda junkie
cool car !
where did u get the orange mirror cover ?
Thanks bro, it's 3m orange vinyl

Old 03-29-2014, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by AKSnowman
wait wha? what caused the axle to go? was it because of the alignment?
I lowered the fit on Tein S Techs. looked great. but at about 40 to 50 mph it would vibrate something awful. had it the alignment done but that didnt fix it. i assumed it had to be the axle.
the old axle had hardly any grease left. which is strange cause i only have around 60000 miles on the car. swapped it out and rides like new.

now need wheels. would love to fill whats left of the fender gap. any recommendations on size of wheel/tire? rolling on stock sport wheels now.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Did my oil change today... Went a bit past 0 on the MM, but not as bad as last time.

Checked my gas cubby log, and i went almost 5k on this change, not 2k like i was thinking earlier... The 2k didn't make much sense once i thought about it later, since i went 3 months since last change and typically average 1500 per month, there's no way it was only 2k.

On a side note, got my my Ruck running. Wasn't anything wrong, just haven't started it in some 5 months, so the battery was too low to start initially. Put my maintenance charger on it for a minute and got it started. Also got my sister's Pathfinder started... Battery was also a little low, but after a few seconds of cranking it started. Ran the PF only halfway through my oil change, but ran the Ruck until i moved it back into the garage after i finished my oil change. Of course, i started both while i was letting my Fit cool down (45 minute drive after shopping, last 15 of which was highway).

Old 03-29-2014, 08:51 PM
I brought my engine back to stock from boost...

Old 03-29-2014, 11:45 PM
First addition to my new 2013 Fit Sport Yellow fog light protectors from Headlight Armor!

Old 03-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Gave "Jane Fonda" a good cleaning and washing since its finially nice weather out and returned the mod'ed rear spoiler back to stock. The previous owner had the DIY stock spoiler lift mod but did not do it very well and it looked kinda crappy.

I have some JDM tails in the mail that should be here tomorrow too! stoked to get them for sure.

Last edited by klilja; 03-30-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing big today, swapped my morimoto SS ballasts for the new DSP ballasts. Have been having problems with the SS ballasts on cold startups. So far these haven't had any issues starting up, but time will tell.

Oh yeah, anyone try the fitfreak discount on bernardi parts recently? Doesn't seem to work for me anymore

Old 03-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Rear wiper for what!

Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Rear wiper for what!

Nice! I'm doing the same thing tomorrow. Did you just get the 7/8" plug from a hardware store that everyone talks about? Any troubles or snags you ran into I should know about?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?