2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Here are the pics from what I did with the rear bumper (Plasti-Dip + Glossifier)

What kind of SSR's are those? I'm really interested in buying a set for my Fit as well.
Oh and what size and size tires? any spacers?

Last edited by MrKeishii; 03-24-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member

What are your specs?

Where are you located? I can suggest a fender guy if you are in SoCal
Thanks waizzz. Specs are 18x8 40f/35r offsett on 215/35. I'm located in los Alamitos.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by MrKeishii
Today, I just received my shipment of Nokya Lights & License Plate. Installed my Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K H11 Fog Light bulbs and Nokya Arctic White 7000K Stage 2 with Nokya Harness. Any ideas how to remove Parking Light? I have White 194 LED's for them too but I can't seem to remove the bulb housing.
I'd love to see your set-up up close then maybe 2-3 city blocks away. I have bi-xenon HID's for headlights. I want to see how the fog lights look as i have them too ready to be install when the car is back w/ hand controls. The wait is KILLING me.

P.S. also do one looking out from behind the wheel. All this will come out best in a very dark area. Okay "Des stop being picky".

Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Administrator
Today, I just received my shipment of Nokya Lights & License Plate. Installed my Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K H11 Fog Light bulbs and Nokya Arctic White 7000K Stage 2 with Nokya Harness. Any ideas how to remove Parking Light? I have White 194 LED's for them too but I can't seem to remove the bulb housing.
The bulb housing should come out by turning it counter-clockwise I believe, might be in there a little tight so just apply pressure

What kind of SSR's are those? I'm really interested in buying a set for my Fit as well.
Oh and what size and size tires? any spacers?
They are the recently discountinued SSR Type-F's in 16x7 +42 with a 5mm spacer in the rear only. Tires are 195-50-16 Continental Conti's. I would suggest looking at a set from their new GTV line and that would be easier for you to find

http://www.more-japan.com/blogs/wp-c..._SSR_GTV02.jpg

Originally Posted by Regdog77
Thanks waizzz. Specs are 18x8 40f/35r offsett on 215/35. I'm located in los Alamitos.
Aggressive, me likey!

I would recommend giving Shane a call and he will come to you to roll or pull your setup:

Shane (818)-653-2927

Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Where did you get your spacers?

Old 03-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by connor55
Where did you get your spacers?
My buddy at Micro-Image got me a set of Kyo-ei's

http://www.microimageonline.com/

Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM
They are the recently discountinued SSR Type-F's in 16x7 +42 with a 5mm spacer in the rear only. Tires are 195-50-16 Continental Conti's. I would suggest looking at a set from their new GTV line and that would be easier for you to find

http://www.more-japan.com/blogs/wp-c..._SSR_GTV02.jpg
Thank you so much! and yes I've been looking at the GTV02 I'm liking them alot!

Old 03-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
I'd love to see your set-up up close then maybe 2-3 city blocks away. I have bi-xenon HID's for headlights. I want to see how the fog lights look as i have them too ready to be install when the car is back w/ hand controls. The wait is KILLING me.

P.S. also do one looking out from behind the wheel. All this will come out best in a very dark area. Okay "Des stop being picky".

I find the License Plate from the Dealer hilarious

LaminX my Fogs using my E36 Headlight LaminX leftovers.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
^ based on your third and fourth pictures I would say that you're probably blinding most drivers on the road at night and possibly even during the day. There are countless discussions on this forum and many others which talk about why you shouldn't put HID bulbs into your stock housings. Just google hid in stock housing.

Many people on this forum, including myself, have had their headlights "retrofitted" to properly use HID lighting. If you were to do a side by side of someone that was retrofitted vs a setup like yours which is referred to as plug and play (PnP), you as an outsider would notice significantly less glare on the retrofitted setup, and you wouldn't be blinded. Pointing the light at the wall you would notice a clean cut off line with bright even wide lighting and no leaking above. The PnP setup might show a fuzzy line against the wall with light scattered unevenly above and below this line.

Again just google "hid retrofit vs PnP"

And sorry to ramble on this, but the people that I see with this set up piss me off with their glare and probably everyone else too. I just want you to be aware of what such a setup will result in. You should seriously consider taking those bulbs out and get your headlights retrofitted if you really want hid lighting.

Also, did I mention that your PnP setup is a huge cop magnet?

Old 03-24-2014, 11:26 PM
^ based on your third and fourth pictures I would say that you're probably blinding most drivers on the road at night and possibly even during the day. There are countless discussions on this forum and many others which talk about why you shouldn't put HID bulbs into your stock housings. Just google hid in stock housing.

Many people on this forum, including myself, have had their headlights "retrofitted" to properly use HID lighting. If you were to do a side by side of someone that was retrofitted vs a setup like yours which is referred to as plug and play (PnP), you as an outsider would notice significantly less glare on the retrofitted setup, and you wouldn't be blinded. Pointing the light at the wall you would notice a clean cut off line with bright even wide lighting and no leaking above. The PnP setup might show a fuzzy line against the wall with light scattered unevenly above and below this line.

Again just google "hid retrofit vs PnP"

And sorry to ramble on this, but the people that I see with this set up piss me off with their glare and probably everyone else too. I just want you to be aware of what such a setup will result in. You should seriously consider taking those bulbs out and get your headlights retrofitted if you really want hid lighting.

Also, did I mention that your PnP setup is a huge cop magnet?
I'm not running HID's they are Halogens bro. I'm aware of the HID Retrofit vs PnP and my previous car was a 98 E36 BMW I had a projector glass headlight setup for my HID for that car. I as well hate the PnP in stock housing as it glares and blinds other drivers on the road. Look up Nokya, they do sell LED's Halogens and HID Bulbs but my setup is simply Halogens it does not use no HID Ballast what so ever.

Last edited by MrKeishii; 03-24-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
My bad for making the assumption. I didn't see your earlier post till just now. Just saw the pics and that's the first thought that came to mind. Guess there's only so much you can tell from the camera.

Thank god you're not another one of those guys..

Old 03-24-2014, 11:40 PM
My bad for making the assumption. I didn't see your earlier post till just now. Just saw the pics and that's the first thought that came to mind. Guess there's only so much you can tell from the camera.

Thank god you're not another one of those guys..
it's cool bro

Old 03-25-2014, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member

Aggressive, me likey!

I would recommend giving Shane a call and he will come to you to roll or pull your setup:

Shane (818)-653-2927
Thanks waizzz. I would like go an inch lower in the front just to even things out but really don't want to get coilovers. Hopefully ko I will come out with the str-t shock with adjustable perch and ill just get those. I see you have the same df210 springs but for some reason yours looks more even. I even put my 16x7 work cr kai from my integra on and it still wasn't as even as yours. Any idea how much Shane charges for fender work? I was going to call fenderolla and see what his rates were.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
I was going to call fenderolla and see what his rates were.
Adrian aka Fendarolla does 60/pair 100/all 4 I believe, that's what it was last year when I got mine rolled/pulled. But you should call him to make sure haha. I'm sure you know he's in Illest Costa Mesa this weekend

Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ

1SickVeilsideZ, do you know if the Wilwood DPHA calipers fit with the stock FIT wheels?

Old 03-25-2014, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
Adrian aka Fendarolla does 60/pair 100/all 4 I believe, that's what it was last year when I got mine rolled/pulled. But you should call him to make sure haha. I'm sure you know he's in Illest Costa Mesa this weekend
Thanks zeebrah. Tried texting him but he hasn't replied back to me. Ill try and call him tomorrow. I'm also gonna call the guy waizz recommended. Seems like fendarolla is very busy.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:02 AM
what kind of dead pedal is that..? looking for one to kinda match my mugen pedals...

Got a chance to install my dead pedal, I think it matches the OEM's well

Old 03-26-2014, 01:11 AM
where did you order the pedals from?

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Where'd you get the pedal?

Old 03-26-2014, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Thank you so much! and yes I've been looking at the GTV02 I'm liking them alot!
Great choice, the GTV02's are a great option and are very similar to my Type-F's

Thanks waizzz. I would like go an inch lower in the front just to even things out but really don't want to get coilovers. Hopefully ko I will come out with the str-t shock with adjustable perch and ill just get those. I see you have the same df210 springs but for some reason yours looks more even. I even put my 16x7 work cr kai from my integra on and it still wasn't as even as yours. Any idea how much Shane charges for fender work? I was going to call fenderolla and see what his rates were.
You should of course check your camber which might help you run those wheels. Regarding my ride height being more even then yours it's probably just an optical illusion but since your wheels are more aggressive then mine you look uneven (I'm guessing).

Best of luck!

If you're free, we have a monthly meet in Cerritos the 2nd Saturday of every month which you are welcome to join us for!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/cali...onda-fits.html

April's meet is a week delayed since everyone is going to NorCal for another meet so it will be Saturday, April 21st from 7pm to 11pm

Originally Posted by Zeebrah.
That's a pretty good deal!

Originally Posted by GE8Fit_ATL
what kind of dead pedal is that..? looking for one to kinda match my mugen pedals...
Originally Posted by GE8Fit_ATL
where did you order the pedals from?
Ordered them from this vendor on Ebay, you can get one for yourself too since it looks like he has a few left:

Sport Fuel Brake Foot Rest at Pedals Pads for Honda Fit | eBay

Old 03-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
That's a pretty good deal!
Yup! Does great work too, I just happened to catch him in Cerritos when I needed him-- he's usually in SD but Illest Costa Mesa hosts him once a month

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?