2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=connor55;1219753]
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Nope NGK IZFR6K13 (s2k uses diff plugs). Bernardi shows these and a Denso model as replacements. Autozone doesn't sell the Denso ones so I went with the NGK. I was expecting to pull Denso plugs out, but they turned out to be the NGK ones. Exact same part number as the replacements I bought. Since they are the stock replacement I doubt the computer has much adjusting to do. I'm sure it was just because the others had over 100k miles on them and had a bit of build up and just being old they probably weren't working as efficiently anymore. Hence why you replace spark plugs. I sure hope the improvement stays though!

Maybe you saw a post a few pages back about someone using an S2k oil filter on the Fit though. I said I would try it. That could be where you got that idea!

Lol yeah that was a while ago, I probably just mixed up everything that was going on in this thread. Thanks for the info though, I got excited that there was an easy way to get better mpg
Haha yeah, would be nice. I doubt putting anything from an S2k motor on the Fit would actually increase mpg! I've driven those on test drives and what have you and actually was able to watch the needle on the gas gauge drop over a short drive. If you have over 50k miles though you could change the plugs and maybe see an improvement. This is just my experience, but seems reasonable that dirty old plugs could hurt your fuel economy. It's recommended at 100k miles for most cars, but that doesn't mean you can't do it anytime you want and maybe see some improvement.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Added the DIY front lip today from EZlip and glossed it up afterwards.

I don't want to really add another lip or change out the front bumper so I thought this was a good compromise

Closeup of the lip

Front shot

Any way you could measure the length of the antenna for us?
According to their site it is 60mm or 2.36 inches

Old 01-18-2014, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Haha yeah, would be nice. I doubt putting anything from an S2k motor on the Fit would actually increase mpg! I've driven those on test drives and what have you and actually was able to watch the needle on the gas gauge drop over a short drive. If you have over 50k miles though you could change the plugs and maybe see an improvement. This is just my experience, but seems reasonable that dirty old plugs could hurt your fuel economy. It's recommended at 100k miles for most cars, but that doesn't mean you can't do it anytime you want and maybe see some improvement.
Lol yeah that wouldnt really make any sense... Well I've still got a while to go before 100 or even 50k, but I'll definitely keep this in mind if I see my MPGs dropping by then.

As for what I did to my fit today.. Today I "installed" the refrigerated upper glovebox. Super easy mod.

Name:  DSC00825_zps3efc985c.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  62.6 KB

Last edited by connor55; 01-18-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
According to their site it is 60mm or 2.36 inches
Oh yeah, I guess I should've checked the site. Now that I do though it shows the short one is only 2" - Mini Antennas. Shorter than my stubby antenna anyways. So I just ordered one!

Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Administrator
Oh yeah, I guess I should've checked the site. Now that I do though it shows the short one is only 2" - Mini Antennas. Shorter than my stubby antenna anyways. So I just ordered one!
All good, I guess I should have checked the length myself before buying but it was fine now that I have it.

My god the OEM is gigantic in comparison

Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Can any tell what gap to run on the spark plugs for the ge8 every where I look its different gaps

Old 01-19-2014, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SiRca90
Can any tell what gap to run on the spark plugs for the ge8 every where I look its different gaps
Uh...what plugs do you have that aren't pre-gapped??? They pretty much all come that way now. BUUUUUT I beleive it's .044 (but don't quote me)

Old 01-19-2014, 11:08 PM

Uh...what plugs do you have that aren't pre-gapped??? They pretty much all come that way now. BUUUUUT I beleive it's .044 (but don't quote me)
I went and bought factory replacements and they were gapped to .050

Old 01-20-2014, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  ec82860f-e14a-46cf-8256-a4d8563dde16_zpsc07f54ba.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  463.8 KB

Name:  mudguard_zpsabe795d9.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  60.8 KB

Added a carbon diffuser (Its from some canadian guy lol) and mud guards to make that booty a lil wider!!!

Old 01-20-2014, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55

As for what I did to my fit today.. Today I "installed" the refrigerated upper glovebox. Super easy mod.

How exactly does that thing work? I would love one of those for my kids stuff.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
Here you go - Sprintex - Superchargers and Supercharger Systems | Honda Jazz. I believe Sprintex is the only company who makes a SC for the GE. Could be wrong. No clue about the CARB legality, but they're an Australian company so I doubt they care much about making them legal in one US state. At the same time though I would assume it's fine. All kinds of cars have superchargers. You don't mess with the exhaust or anything like with a turbo setup so you should be fine. I don't know the specifics of the CARB laws though
thanks. that looks like a fine piece of equipment.

California Air Resources Board (CARB) won't pass a CAI that hasn't been CARB certified. I'm just wondering how he passes smog tests, and if he puts it back to stock once a year.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Steve244

California Air Resources Board (CARB) won't pass a CAI that hasn't been CARB certified. I'm just wondering how he passes smog tests, and if he puts it back to stock once a year.
Apparantly Sprintex plans to release a CARB kit with a locked tune using the stock airbox in the future. It is not currently CARB certified. Waiting patiently for the kinks to get worked out and this to happen, it's exciting.

Putting it back to stock once a year would be a pain in the ass. I'm not highly connected or anything and I know ways around this, though I don't want to deal with riding dirty anymore at my age

Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Digging the splash guards and diffuser onefreshfit!

Originally Posted by Steve244

There are ways to pass smog, you just need to know the right people

Old 01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
How do the smog checks in CA work? With the supercharger for example, do you just need to produce documents showing it is CARB legal, or do they actually go to the trouble of hooking up measurement devices to the exhaust??

Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
yeah how do those work?

Looks like it's only for cars 6 years old and older and then it's only once every 2 years. It only applies to the populous counties.

Atlanta has stricter requirements.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Need a CARB sticker with an EO number that matches back to the certification for the equipment it was designated for (they will check) and they will do a tailpipe test. I am not sure how a mod like that would effect the tailpipe test but i'm sure if your motor is healthy it will still be within the pass limits.

Like Waizzz said there are other ways to "pass" which are less than legal, but strict fines and sting operations have diminished this option these days, at least it's not as prevalent as it was say 10 years ago.

I actually know a guy who got his licence revoked back in 05' by a sting

Old 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by onefreshfit

Added a carbon diffuser (Its from some canadian guy lol) and mud guards to make that booty a lil wider!!!
Lol... That Canadian guy is me! I'm glad it made it down there okay

Old 01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Regdog77
How exactly does that thing work? I would love one of those for my kids stuff.
It directs some of the air from that adjacent vent into the glovebox. You just turn that little knob to open or close the valve. So you'd have to have the ac on and close that passenger side vent to get anything in the glovebox decently cool, but it seems to work well so far. You can get it to heat as well using the hot air from the vent if you need that for whatever reason.

If you want I can post a few pics up to show how to install it. Super easy mod, only takes 15 minutes to do once you get the valve cover.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Installed Mugen Short Shifter! I like it, definitely more shorter throws and feels more "ergonomic" for me, I am a little shorter 5'5" and it feels much better.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
LED Tail Lights

Also installed some LED Tail Lights off of eBay from Taiwan. I had to mess around with the wiring a bit and basically cut off two OEM connectors and wired them straight into the lamps but all is good!

Here's the video

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?