2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitderp
installed HID's over the weekend.
HIDs in stock reflector housings...another one bites the dust.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
HIDs in stock reflector housings...another one bites the dust.
how about you drop the douchey attitude and move along if it doesn't suit your taste, it's not your car.

I don't think every fit owner can afford to drop G's like you on projectors. Curious, what is your set up?

Also, fiy the bulbs are angled just right to prevent the blinding others as much as possible.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have projectors, they're insanely expensive and not worth it. I just stick with stock bulbs and housings because they're made to DOT standards so there is nothing wrong with them, they light up the road just fine. And "the bulbs are angled just right to prevent the blinding of others as much as possible." ...How considerate. The simple fact is you cannot angle reflector housings to make them not insanely bright, it's not about the angle. The reflector housing is designed to reflect back stock halogen light, which is not blinding. It's not made to reflect HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE light, and that's why no matter what you do it's going to blind people, because it's a reflector housing and the light output is so high it will shine into oncoming traffic's eyes no matter what you do. PUTTING HIDs IN REFLECTOR HOUSINGS IS NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD PROJECTORS STICK TO HALOGEN BULBS. I do not have a "douchey" attitude, you are the douche blinding other drivers on the road.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
I don't have projectors, they're insanely expensive and not worth it. I just stick with stock bulbs and housings because they're made to DOT standards so there is nothing wrong with them, they light up the road just fine. And "the bulbs are angled just right to prevent the blinding of others as much as possible." ...How considerate. The simple fact is you cannot angle reflector housings to make them not insanely bright, it's not about the angle. The reflector housing is designed to reflect back stock halogen light, which is not blinding. It's not made to reflect HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE light, and that's why no matter what you do it's going to blind people, because it's a reflector housing and the light output is so high it will shine into oncoming traffic's eyes no matter what you do. PUTTING HIDs IN REFLECTOR HOUSINGS IS NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD PROJECTORS STICK TO HALOGEN BULBS. I do not have a "douchey" attitude, you are the douche blinding other drivers on the road.
Oh noooos, i offended a biiiig baby,and she's about to cry

Old 03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Simply put, you're doing something wrong and to the detriment of other drivers and I'm allowed to call you out on it. Plus it makes you look like a dumb ricer to other people on the road who know the difference.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
cool story sis, i'll let the proper authorities call me on it, not some online moderator wannabe who was nothing better to do with his time

Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
I invite you to search google and youtube and let me know the ratio of articles/videos that support my argument vs yours.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
hahah dude get lost, i'm not arguing with you. All I did was an update on my car and you freaked out. I understand where you stand and know the vailidty of your point. What i don't understand is why you won't let it go and go find some other tread to rant on?

Last edited by Fitderp; 03-04-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Install of T1Rs turned into ordering new strut assembly... oh joy!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
^^that blows. i tried to install new lug nuts on the fit and it ended up turning into having to get a stud replaced. which doesn't sound bad, it's about a $2 part, but in the fit you have to press them out and replace some sensor, ended up costing me a day at the dealership and $100 in labor (and that's AFTER i brought in just the hub to them)

Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM
That suuuuuucks. At least your dealer had the parts! I called every big box store in town, plus the Honda dealers, no dice. Ordered the replacement on Saturday, so hopefully it'll get here soon.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 PM
installed my old rims from my ek3 for test

Old 03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
They didn't. I brought them a new stud to install. I was gonna do it myself, until I found out what all had to be done.

oh, and I was bored, so I just finished this...
Name:  083BA28F-E98B-40C9-A15A-E59A27355A33-52763-00000421E2C12BD2.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  96.8 KB
Plast-dipped the hood. I will probably be ordering some satin black vinyl to wrap it in soon.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shortstop
Heck yeah. When i had my ep3 i used to be able to stick my arm behind passenger wheel and reach the filter and drain plug. Loved oil changes in that thing. Did you go with honda ow20 full synthetic and honda atf?
For the transmission, I used the Honda ATF DW-1. For the oil, I already had a case of Mobil 1 5W-20, so I used that.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM
hahah dude get lost, i'm not arguing with you. All I did was an update on my car and you freaked out. I understand where you stand and know the vailidty of your point. What i don't understand is why you won't let it go and go find some other tread to rant on?
The difference is what you are doing affects other people. It's not a situation of differing opinions; you are directly affecting other drivers. People will let it go when you do, but you're the aggressor.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by malraux
The difference is what you are doing affects other people. It's not a situation of differing opinions; you are directly affecting other drivers. People will let it go when you do, but you're the aggressor.
I'm an agressor for posting a pic of my progress? lolz Also, is being a hero on here and calling out and persecuting others to look like a self proclaimed righteous non ricer status that important?

Surprising how this is offending so many pussies.

Now,

Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm an agressor for posting a pic of my progress?
Blinding other drivers is an aggressive act. It's not the pic, its the knowingly doing stupid things that interfere with other drivers.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
They didn't. I brought them a new stud to install. I was gonna do it myself, until I found out what all had to be done.

oh, and I was bored, so I just finished this...

Plast-dipped the hood. I will probably be ordering some satin black vinyl to wrap it in soon.
looks really good man, love me some PD too And I like the red accent line on ur grill, good stuff!

Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Surprising how this is offending so many pussies.
I'm not a pussy and I'm not offended but as a neutral third party observer, you are being a classic aggressor. The original comment towards you was quite mild. Many people have differing opinions here and I don't think his comment was very insulting at all. You fired back calling his attitude douchey. You officially elevated the conversation at this point. When he came back with lots of facts, you gave a classic aggressor response
Oh noooos, i offended a biiiig baby,and she's about to cry
Then you responded with more insults
cool story sis, i'll let the proper authorities call me on it, not some online moderator wannabe who was nothing better to do with his time
Then you responded the way aggressors have been responding since Internet confrontations started, you played it off as if you didn't care a bit about it and that it was all this other guy who is so obsessed.
The reason people don't just "let it go" is because people like you always want to have the last word and make it seem like they were some victim or something when in reality their point was jacked from the beginning. You were never right on this topic and you should have heeded your own advice to "let it go" with his original comment that upset you so greatly. Took me 5 mins to write this up so I have plenty of time left for the rest of my life. I'm pretty sure most of this will just go over your head and you'll respond with something like "geez, ok bro, just chill." Instead of debating logically. Good day.

Last edited by Mikeyk12; 03-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Geez bro quite an in depth investigation

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?