2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by specboy
Sad.
Glad to hear you made out ok - we lost power here for 2 days but with no other drama, I don't think I had it bad at all compared to some of the news reports I've seen.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Purchased supplies, removed my wheels and cleaned them.... in preparation for new look.
My immediate inspiration: Sunshine State’s Finest | Canibeat

Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Sidemarkers installed thanks to Gimme

Old 08-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
moved from visitor parking to driveway. our house was getting painted and although they're using white paint i didnt want to get spatter on my white GE.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Installed I-vtech sohc decals in my rear doors.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Took her to the dealership, the resistor/blower motor went out.. go figure. Parts won't be in till tuesday. Guess I'll just have to deal with being blown hard instead of softly.. lol

And for now I have her parked in the yard out from under all the trees just incase this Tropical Storm gives us a little too much wind. I will say she looks super sexy/aggresive in the grass off in the shadows. But She will probably stay there till tuesday. Storms are jeep weather.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Lowered, debadged, and de pin stripped her. Thanks out to Hoyt and Matt

Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Took her to the dealership, the resistor/blower motor went out.. go figure. Parts won't be in till tuesday. Guess I'll just have to deal with being blown hard instead of softly.. lol

And for now I have her parked in the yard out from under all the trees just incase this Tropical Storm gives us a little too much wind. I will say she looks super sexy/aggresive in the grass off in the shadows. But She will probably stay there till tuesday. Storms are jeep weather.
I've been suffering the busted resistor issue for the last three weeks... it was bearable, until the last two days... it's been annoyingly ho and HUMID!! so i have to be either sweating or freezing.

Storms are jeep weather?!? Nope, not for me. Short of an earthquake turning every street into a rocky off-road course, my Fit is going out! I drove home in torrential rain in NY and PA... at full highway speed too! Hehe.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I've been suffering the busted resistor issue for the last three weeks... it was bearable, until the last two days... it's been annoyingly ho and HUMID!! so i have to be either sweating or freezing.

Storms are jeep weather?!? Nope, not for me. Short of an earthquake turning every street into a rocky off-road course, my Fit is going out! I drove home in torrential rain in NY and PA... at full highway speed too! Hehe.
Yeah thats my biggest peeve with the Blower... I'm either sweating my balls off or freezing em off.. Nothin comfortable.. Should be fixed tuesday though so not too bad.

Well when you live on top of a hill and everything at the bottom floods from 3"-1.75'... Yeah I'd rather take out me jeep and not worry about anything. Plus if trees are fallen and what not, I'm not typically stopped by much short of a wall.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
I got a ticket for my tints....I am not a happy camper, this cop was clearly just out to get someone, he seemed like he didn't even really know what he was going to tell me he pulled me over for at first, took him a minute to come up with it lol. oh well, coulda been worse i suppose.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
I got a ticket for my tints....I am not a happy camper, this cop was clearly just out to get someone, he seemed like he didn't even really know what he was going to tell me he pulled me over for at first, took him a minute to come up with it lol. oh well, coulda been worse i suppose.
What is your tint % and what is the % limit?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Man, sounds like the cop profiled your Fit Was it a fix-it ticket?

Old 09-03-2011, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
Ahuh, I can dayum near gauraw-tee that the cops POV has tint on it as dark or darker than yours is.. He was jealous of your ryde..Hater

Old 09-03-2011, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Ahuh, I can dayum near gauraw-tee that the cops POV has tint on it as dark or darker than yours is.. He was jealous of your ryde..Hater
Lol I can agree with you on that one Vin. I'm around cops all the time at work. Chuck's POV has 20% on the front 10% on the back. Chuck only gives tint tickets when it's something absurd. Like 5% or 0, since the heat down here is just insane.. I think Java's case the cop was just being a dick. Probably a newbie trying to exercise his power..

Old 09-03-2011, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
What is your tint % and what is the % limit?
according to his progress, he's 35% all around, the same as my tints. except, in NY, only allows down to 70% on the side windows, and any on the rear.

State Window Tinting Laws
Welcome to TintLaws.com

I'm in Illinois, so I'm legal (even if Chicago tickets!).

Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
according to his progress, he's 35% all around, the same as my tints. except, in NY, only allows down to 70% on the side windows, and any on the rear.

State Window Tinting Laws
Welcome to TintLaws.com

I'm in Illinois, so I'm legal (even if Chicago tickets!).
Only 70%?! That's bullshit! Here in louisiana it's 40%, but usually you can get away with 30%.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
OEM Window Visors, Eibach Sportline springs, lots of driving afterwards (120 mi.), alignment...sooooo happy

Old 09-03-2011, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Only 70%?! That's bullshit! Here in louisiana it's 40%, but usually you can get away with 30%.
Yeah I'm 35% all around and with the factory "tint" it actually puts my drivers window at 26 according to the device he used.

What's more ridiculous is it wasn't even a fix it ticket?! He told me u can fight it or pay it but said nothing about removing it for negation of the ticket.

Since its just an equipment ticket its better than the 180 buck tickets you can get for speeding on the new jersey tpke, that one was fun lol.

He was def hatin, he was checking out my rims so hard lmao

Old 09-04-2011, 12:53 AM
Added side body molding

Got the standard Honda molding. Wasn't sure if I'd like em but they really make the car look even better.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Yeah I'm 35% all around and with the factory "tint" it actually puts my drivers window at 26 according to the device he used.

What's more ridiculous is it wasn't even a fix it ticket?! He told me u can fight it or pay it but said nothing about removing it for negation of the ticket.

Since its just an equipment ticket its better than the 180 buck tickets you can get for speeding on the new jersey tpke, that one was fun lol.

He was def hatin, he was checking out my rims so hard lmao
Should have asked if was getting a chubby looking at em. Maybe trade a pic for getting out of the ticket?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?