2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I picked up my JDP lip from the painter, which I'm very excited about because I haven't seen any one rocking a painted version! Also, I placed my order for a set of 16x7 Buddy Club SF Challenge wheels (white, red stripe, +42) and some red lugs. For now I'm just going to wrap them in my OEM Dunflops bc they only have 5,000 miles on them and I hate to waste a set of tires. Come Sept I'll upgrade them to the Contis.

My GE is coming along nicely and I really need to posted a thread for it, but I'll wait until the wheels go on. Hopefully they'll come in next week just in time for my bday!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
nothing but rain and sh*tty weather over the weekend...

Did you have to post this?? I thought I was almost done modding...

Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FiTyogi
I picked up my JDP lip from the painter, which I'm very excited about because I haven't seen any one rocking a painted version! Also, I placed my order for a set of 16x7 Buddy Club SF Challenge wheels (white, red stripe, +42) and some red lugs. For now I'm just going to wrap them in my OEM Dunflops bc they only have 5,000 miles on them and I hate to waste a set of tires. Come Sept I'll upgrade them to the Contis.

My GE is coming along nicely and I really need to posted a thread for it, but I'll wait until the wheels go on. Hopefully they'll come in next week just in time for my bday!
interested to see the jdp lip installed too. i believe jooky has one color matched but he never posted installed pics.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by beangrower
interested to see the jdp lip installed too. i believe jooky has one color matched but he never posted installed pics.
Yeah I was hoping he'd posted pics, but I finally decided to take the plunge and see how it turned out. I'll post a proper pic thread for my car when it's "finished" (are they ever? )

Old 06-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I'd ran through the car wash, bought some rainX window cleanser, and investigated a minor rattle at cargo cover area.
Tomorrow, will be applying a coat of Perma Plate.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I just bought and installed new Honda Floor Mats that I purchased from my new favorite website! They have everything I need in order to make my brand new Fit look amazing!

Old 06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Purchased the small version of this a few weeks ago...

Mini Antennas

...to replace the Honda flagpole antenna.

The part comes with a headless threaded bolt with a hex fitting in one end for an allen wrench. To secure this in the antenna itself I used red loctite. Then it whole assemble simply screws into the stock antenna mount.

Installed it earlier today... like the look.

I don't know how it affects AM/FM reception given I hardly ever listen to the radio. I tossed the original Honda antenna in the glove box in case I need better reception at some point.

Next will be some interior trim pieces... likely the Honda door sill plate, carbon fiber trim pieces, shift knob, etc.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Took me 8 hours to take my engine from a head on my workbench and a block on a stand to a running machine. I love this engine. It's so damn easy to work on. Except the headbolts ugh. Those headbolts drove me nuts. I followed the tightening procedure to the letter (22 ftlbs and 130 degrees beyond that) but it took every ounce of will power I had not to tighten them more. My mind was screaming at me to tighten them just a pinch more all the way up until I put the valve cover on. Everything else was a breeze. I forgot exactly how slow NA is but it's not as bad as it could be.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Installed D1 Spec ETC. Bought it from ACFit. He's having a garage sale.

Next up is Progress rear sway bar.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Carried home a 19" 29er mountain bike. I highly recommend a roof rack for a bike with such big wheels. My roof rack will be arriving Thursday so, when its on ill post pics.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
I found my Fit got bird bombed twice... once on the roof, pretty small one.

But huge bomb on my front driver side brake caliper!!! It landed on the space between the caliper and the surrounding arm bracket.

How the heck did that bird manage that?!? There's a little bit on the wheel, but looks like splash damage.

Now, I have figure out how to clean it off. I wonder if the spray nozzle from the self service car wash would knock it out.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
wash then went to scca autocross, but i didn't see any fit there today
oh well maybe next time

Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I got my windows tinted 35/20 and ordered some goodies. :-)

Old 06-12-2011, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
I just finished installing my front jdm read H to match the rear one I have had for the last 2 months.

Waiting for my parts to come in from decaldude I hate no mail on sundays.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Took a nice sunday drive yesterday....to columbus GA and back: 398 miles

Today I took my exhaust off and cleaned/polished it....looks brand new.
Painted front calipers and front/rear hubs black (since i have no center caps).

Had to drive my car while the exhaust was off, and discovered that no muffler on our cars sounds AWESOME. Not even kidding, better than any axle-back ive heard. Deep and throaty. I think im going to go muffler-less for a while lol

Old 06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I had a physics boat project out of wood and paper and so did my friends. Boat didn't fit in their car so I took it AND my boat... wow I'm so amazed at how much space is inside... First boat was about 7ft and my boat was about 6ft...

Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Today... I gave my Fit my first attempt at an oil change.

OMG, what a pain in the gaskets!!!

I used a scissor jack, a quick lift floor jack and two jack stands to hold the front end up... GAHHH, why is that center jacking point so deep!

And why is that opening to pour the oil in... so deep under the freaking cowl?!? I had a funnel to use... but it was useless, cause it wouldn't fit under the cowl! I happened to have had an emergency gas can... so I filled it up with almost 4 qt of 0w-20... and tediously used that to fill the engine. Despite having a spill proof filler neck... I spilled some oil.

GAHHHH, am I really that sloppy?

I must be... cause when I went to pour the oil from the pan into a "disposable oil can"... I ended up dumping oil around the can. I hate that stupid pan. It has a spout, but is utterly useless unless you go REALLY, UTTERLY, DIABOLICALLY SLOOOOOOOOOOW.

Okay... I didn't make too much of a mess. I happen to be using some cardboard from old boxes. Only got a couple drops on the garage floor (LUCKY!!).

Then, I went to try and pump some air into my tires, using the compressor tank we had. I had even bought the tool so I could use the compressor to pump air into tires, with a pressure gauge on it.

But... it didn't plug into the air compressor tubing...

Apparently, I need an adapter for it. GAHHHHH

I gave up, put everything away and cleaned the area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That done, I went shopping at Costco, smooth ride. Why did the Fit seem to accelerate so smoothly when I had a crap load of stuff in the back? Hum... I was thinking that the extra weight meant that I couldn't overpower the transmission and wheels.

Anyway, after unloading that crap at home, I went to Walmart to do some MORE shopping... this time, a self-contained oil pan, a ramp that's a hair too tall for the Fit (doh!), a funnel with a LOOONNNNNNGGGGG flexible tube.

... kinda feel stupid buying all of it... AFTER the oil change. sigh... I guess I'm better prepared for next time, whenever that is.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Took a nice sunday drive yesterday....to columbus GA and back: 398 miles

Today I took my exhaust off and cleaned/polished it....looks brand new.
Painted front calipers and front/rear hubs black (since i have no center caps).

Had to drive my car while the exhaust was off, and discovered that no muffler on our cars sounds AWESOME. Not even kidding, better than any axle-back ive heard. Deep and throaty. I think im going to go muffler-less for a while lol
Put a straight pipe on for an axle back with a fake sheet metal shroud that looks like a muffler.

Not that I've ever done such a thing

Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Lol, I had a whole thread on how awesome the axle back straight pipe sounds (with cats) it's a sixth of the price and twice the awesome of any axleback, unless people like the look of a fart cannon hanging out the back.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Ive read that before, but never actually tried just straight pipe. I stumbled across the awesomeness on accident

edit: I have it open-flange right now, but i smelled some fumes in the cabin after a long 3rd gear run and it seems dangerous having hot exhaust blast the underside of the car(right below the passenger seat), so i will be getting a straight pipe put on to re-direct the exhaust below the car. I might end up just hacking up the oem muffler myself and using that lol

Last edited by SSMTEN; 06-14-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?