2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Over the last 2 weeks I watched TheEvilOne swap my rail lights to non-led JDM, did decal inserts in the tear emblem (not happy with the fit of it), and installed my yellow lamin-x overlays on my fog lights. Once it decides to be warm and not rain I plan on getting my Injen CAI and Eibach Sportlines on.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
And this morning on my way to work, I killed my first mosquito of the year in it.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Shoved a Recliner in the back to all of my friends surprise. Was a tight sqeeze to get it in the hatch but after that it had plenty of room still. Ended up having to put my subwoofer behind the driver seat which made for a massage chair ride lol but it still worked. I was getting multiple stairs loading and driving.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member

installed these today. swapped out my conti dws' onto them, also the tpms sensors.

I wanted a set of project kics r26 neo chromes but, the damn things are expensive and i didnt want to drive all the way to northridge (~1.5hr from my house) to pick them up. ended up using muteki close ended blacks.

thanks to fit_Dr for including the centering rings and the center caps.

this weekend comes the buddy club n+.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Fit
And this morning on my way to work, I killed my first mosquito of the year in it.
Frog crossing the road for me. Must be all the rain and thunder woke 'em up... splat.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Started my car, turned on my headlights, and watched one bulb burn out... pop. Lucky for me, I had plenty of replacement bulbs (I hate ppl that drive around with one burnt out bulb). Swapped it out... and went on my semi-merry way.

About two or three miles later, sat at a stop waiting to turn. Decided just for the hell of it to look at my side mirror to watch cars behind me... crunch. The SUV in the other lane got rear-ended by another SUV!!!

Wasn't me!

Did some shopping at Costco and loaded the floor below the rear seat with 4 36-pk cases of Pepsi and one bottle of liquid detergent (Tide!)... Then hopped over to Home Depot, next door to Costco. Bought a few more of the knockout caps and a can of automotive primer.

edit: I have no idea what I'm doing though.

Last edited by Goobers; 04-04-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
On Sunday, yes it's already Tuesday here, but I altered my Bride FX rail to have the seat sit about 10mm lower, only did the driver side as I don't ever sit in the passenger side. At first I attached the S2000 aluminum sides that I have, it would have worked, dropped it about 7mm more than the lowest setting on the unmolested GE sides, but still wanted lower. I still want it a tad lower still, to do that, I need to take out about 5mm on each side of the rail for about 50mm so the ass end of the seat can fit in between the 2 rail points, then I can go back to the S2000 sides and drop an additional about 20mm. At that point the ass end of the seat will be just hovering over the floor. Already the position is much more comfortable for me and it feels even less semi-wheeler like. I can't even imagine what it feels like to sit in the stock seats as I only had them in there for the drive home from the dealer and immediately out they went. Proabably a good 60~65mm higher though. YUCK!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Sweetness!

Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
finished installing the mugen shifter and the center armrest. tightened the bolt too much on one side of the armrest and snapped it. Need to get a new one.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Received and installed my JDM Style smoked LED Tails today! Check out the pics in my thread - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post980228

Old 04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Oil change and a air filter change done today on my Fit.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Frog crossing the road for me. Must be all the rain and thunder woke 'em up... splat.
Usually around here it's late spring when "froggin" season begins. You can't not squash a dozen or two on the way to work. ~Sigh.

Fit went to the dealer. I was right... the problems after your recall thread got me paranoid. no problems whatsoever. they even compared it against a few brand new ones. The tech took a few out for a drive and mine in the middle. Said he couldn't see any issues.

Damn other thread.

~SB

Old 04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
I've always knew spring was on it's way when I smelled the first skunk road kill. No skunk smell this year but early frogs... go figure.

What did you think of the 2011's? Did you notice if they have heated side views yet? Crazy we don't have 'em, I'm getting ready to import replacements from Canada.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I've always knew spring was on it's way when I smelled the first skunk road kill. No skunk smell this year but early frogs... go figure.

What did you think of the 2011's? Did you notice if they have heated side views yet? Crazy we don't have 'em, I'm getting ready to import replacements from Canada.
We haven't seen the frogs yet... that'll be later in the spring or late summer... but definitely have the skunks. watched one just outside the picture window for about 20 minutes while he/she just wandered around and scavenged. The night before, a skunk fired off a nasty one... I think they spray outside of our bedroom window on purpose.

My wife took the fit down and the dealer did the test driving. (the service tech and service rep - who was actually our sales guy that sold us the Ridgeline in '05 - are very trustworthy) I didn't get to drive it since the dealer is 20 minutes south of the house and I work 35 min north.

I'll take the car up to work tomorrow to see how she drives. I was pretty sure I was being paranoid but we we have a longer trip coming up and it doesn't hurt to be safe. Plus, there was no charge for it. As I said... great service Dept.

~SB

Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Checked the tire pressure.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Blacked out my rear diffuser with plasti dip, looks great when the cars on the ground and not on the jack, have 2 little spots to touch up. WIll be doing part of the front bumper in a few days.

Name:  DSCN1820.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  46.9 KB

Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Hugged it hehe i love my honda fit

Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I some what custom mounted my Droid X car mount that I picked up on Sunday. I epoxies the plastic disc under the radio bezel in which the suction cup securely attaches to. While still making it removable and the disc is unnotcable. No interferance with shifting in any gear and direct access to the outlet socket

Old 04-07-2011, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, the paint on this car is horrible, my 1st full winterin CNY with my TW fit.

Never have I had so many little things in my paint, it has to be the softest paint I've ever seen. My clay bar is picking up so much stuff of the car its insane compared to any other car I've had after a winter.

It's gonna take me 8 hours to wash, clay and wax. I'm 3 hours in so far

Old 04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by britdevine
Wow, the paint on this car is horrible, my 1st full winterin CNY with my TW fit.

Never have I had so many little things in my paint, it has to be the softest paint I've ever seen. My clay bar is picking up so much stuff of the car its insane compared to any other car I've had after a winter.

It's gonna take me 8 hours to wash, clay and wax. I'm 3 hours in so far
Instead of waxing try a sealant. Klasse acrylic sealant glaze protects the paint better and longer than even the hardest wax (Carnauba). I've been using it for two years (apply every six months) and everytime I clay bar there is not much paint contamination at all.

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant
Amazon.com: Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze 16.9 oz.: Automotive
Just apply two to three coats a couple hours in between with a microfiber towel.

Opti-seal is another good sealant but doesn't last as long as Klasse.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?