2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Well you could always state first to have J's LED lights for, and state your VIN#. You would never be wrong in that instance as nobody else is ordering parts for your GE8.
That's it... I'm ordering parts for Evil's VIN so he can't say that either.

~SB

PS... WOO HOO Page 100

Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
How about we all go admire my new Enkeis instead?

No?

Well... I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

I don't like having the hubs exposed without the center caps... but find it a little hard justifying getting the Enkeis center caps. For one, it's way too much like announcing to the world "Ooh, look at me, come steal my wheels!!!" along with that, it says "racing" which I'm not doing or even want anything said at all. The second issue... from TireRack, $25 per cap? I'll be honest, I haven't shopped for center caps before, so I'm not sure if this is cheap or expensive... Just making me hesitant.

If it is the ~56-57mm center bore you can get some 2" knock out plugs for electrical boxes from home depot for like $1, paint them and pop them in.

http://www.garvinindustries.com/Elec...Style)/SNAP200

You only really need to axle nuts covered, and the rear on my GD just has caps. I needed a 3mm spacer for the rear axle on my Rota's I dont know if you saw that when you were here. I only had my front caps on.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
If it is the ~56-57mm center bore you can get some 2" knock out plugs for electrical boxes from home depot for like $1, paint them and pop them in.

2" Snap In Style Knockout Seal

You only really need to axle nuts covered, and the rear on my GD just has caps. I needed a 3mm spacer for the rear axle on my Rota's I dont know if you saw that when you were here. I only had my front caps on.
Umm same question as Goobers here...I want to put some center caps on my Slips, but I don't want to put the Rota caps...would these knock out plugs work on my Slips?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Umm same question as Goobers here...I want to put some center caps on my Slips, but I don't want to put the Rota caps...would these knock out plugs work on my Slips?
I have slips too! On my GD at least, the front accepts them but the axle cap on the rear requires a slim spacer to get the cap seated flush.

You realy only need them on the front, but all 4 would look better.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Sweet! Mine's polished. Really nice on a black car

I'll order these tomorrow. I guess I'll have to mess with the rears to make them fit. Thanks, yet again, DSM

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
Worked on my projector retrofit today. Copying Smeister's idea of using a dog bowl as a shroud. I screwed up cutting a hole in one bowl, and I bought the last 2 dog bowls at Big Lots, so now I'm on the hunt for another bowl. Here's some pics of dog bowl shroud vs. TRS Ocular shroud. Which one do you guys think will look better?

Dog bowl will require more work to mount securely, and there are some minor scratches on the stainless steel surface. Anybody know how to "buff" those out? Was thinking about using super fine grit sand paper to lightly sand it and then polish with metal polish.

I'm also wondering since the projector lens sits so far inside the dog bowl if any light will reflect on the ring around it.. What do you guys think?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
You will need very fine sandpaper. There is 12000 grit but I think 2000 or finer would work... Mag wheel polish followed by something like Simichrome or a very fine polishing rouge polished out with a felt wheel on a Dremel type tool will result in a mirror like finish... I realy like the way you are going about this. It is sure to look better than anything you can just go out and buy.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
It is sure to look better than anything you can just go out and buy.
Agreed, I looooove the dog bowls. Best looking lights, in my humble opinion.

Originally Posted by Goober
How about we all go admire my new Enkeis instead?
I want to see your Enkeis!!! Mine should have arrived today, but I won't have a chance to pick them up from the shop until Monday.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
cf oil catch can...

and... ^_^

Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'm getting ready to fabricate the ultimate redneck low buck catch can out of an empty pill bottle... I think I might paint it or wrap it with aluminum tape.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm getting ready to fabricate the ultimate redneck low buck catch can out of an empty pill bottle... I think I might paint it or wrap it with aluminum tape.
this maybe? https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tidip-mod.html

Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

http://www.garvinindustries.com/Elec...Style)/SNAP200

I just measured the opening in the Enkei wheel... A bit over 2-1/2".

I noticed center caps come in 64 and 68 mm sizes. I kinda rushed it, but it seems more like the 68mm size (2-1/2" is 63.5mm).

I guess I'll look around for similar knockout covers in that size... If not, I'll look for actual caps that are blank. If that fails, tirerack.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
done...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
done...
I'll be in my bunk.....

Old 03-18-2011, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
I noticed today how quickly my fuel economy is going back up with the temp. Just in time with these increasing prices. Last week it was around 34mpg. Gauge is showing 39.6 with half a tank gone right now and it's usually 2mpg high. That should put me at 38mpg average once this tank is done if everything is going the way it seems. This is also with the winter wheels on which throw off my economy by about .7mpg (showing lower than actual). Summer wheels should bring me even higher.

~SB

Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
done...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
@EvilOne yur tails are "awesome" and def unique. Still luv'n um! Would like to see um in daylight too tho!

@DSM that photo is kill'n me man, I'm roll'n on the floor right now...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Got my punch 3 12" in the trunk. I'll get pics up when I get home. Going to need a capacitor sadly for an 800w amp but that's fine by me for the amount of bump I'm getting. And it sounds so crisp. Stock system aint to bad anymore.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Nothing redneck about it. I made 2. A small one from a pill bottle and a big one from an alluminum bottle. I would fill yours with steel wool or fine wire to help pull the mist out of suspension. Now I just vent my pcv straight to atmosphere,

Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
moar pics

Couple of body shots

Couple of close up on the passenger side

Pair of shots showing how much the front tires stick out. Wish they didn't.

One close up of the driver's side at a top downish angle.

Following DSM's advice, I went to Home Depot after work, found the 2" covers (it's more like "covers from 2" to 2-5/8" ", just a hair less than 2-3/4"). Had to pull the "hooks" outward to fit in the Enkei.
Pictures were taken in the Home Depot parking lot (11 pm).

Before all passenger side: No camera flash rear, flash rear, no flash front, flash front

After: I kinda just randomly took pictures when I was done... so, I forget which is which.

no flash front driver, then no flash and flash rear, I think.

Full shot (only "after"), no flash and flash

Gotta say... not bad for a total cost of $4.17 (and gas). Not gonna paint it. If it rusts, I'll get a new set and paint those.

When I was driving home on the highway, I thought I saw something going flying and thought: Oh shit! Did they pop off?!?

Pulled off the highway and found that they were all still there! Whew!

I have no idea what I saw then... could be some other debris... or maybe just light shining across. Who knows.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?