2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Eibach pro-kits or wait for coil-overs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Eibach pro-kits or wait for coil-overs?

i've been wanting to lower the car for quite sometime now (just a minor drop, no slamming it). I was eyeing the eibach pro-kits ever since the release of the kit on their website. My local shop (in Toronto) said they do not and will not stock the eibach for the 09s right now. I will have to pre-order from California and it will take at least 3 weeks to get here.

I went on the TireRack.com website and it is also on special order (meaning no definite shipping date). I'm contemplating whether or not to wait for Coil-overs to come out (hopefully sometime this summer) and if they are actually worth the money. The drop that the pro-kits provide is perfect for me my only concern is how it will feel with the stock shocks.

Will coil-overs improve ride quality AS WELL AS handling? I know I will most likely have to sacrafice one or the other. But I really dislike how it rolls quite a bit during slow cornering.

Any word on when coil-overs will be out for the GE?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
If you want a moderate lowering, I say go with Eibach Pro-Kit (-1.2" front & -1.4 rear). They maintain a comfortable ride and improving handling/cornering. I have done 3 cars already with Eibach Pro-Kits and am satisfied.

If you want a lower drop, consider Tanabe DF210 (-1.4"F front & -2.0" rear). I am told (have no personal experience with this spring) that the ride is still very comfortable and handling is much improved.

Consider cost, going with the coil overs will be the most expensive option, but it allows you to adjust your ride height. I am sure ride comfort wil lbe sacrificed.

Good luck with your choice.

Personally, am still debating on going with either Eibach or Tanabe.

Last edited by Benggolf; 04-08-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
well if its just a going to be lowering springs then eibach for me no doubt. The Tanabe is a bit too low for me. I have a very steep curb that I drive off every morning off my drive-way and I always have to go over numerous speed bumps while parking at work. I would hate to slow down to a snail pace and have to attack the speed bump at an angle just to avoid scraping.

I couldn't careless for the slammed look, just want to minimize body-roll and improve handling.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by panda1314
well if its just a going to be lowering springs then eibach for me no doubt. The Tanabe is a bit too low for me. I have a very steep curb that I drive off every morning off my drive-way and I always have to go over numerous speed bumps while parking at work. I would hate to slow down to a snail pace and have to attack the speed bump at an angle just to avoid scraping.

I couldn't careless for the slammed look, just want to minimize body-roll and improve handling.
Then, the Eibach Pro-Kit is definitely the way to go. You get a comfortable ride, great handling together with a moderate drop.

Am really leaning towards the Eibachs myself, but just tempted to try the Tanabe springs.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Banned
yeah you only NEED coils if you want improved handling or want to slam your car..

Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
It looks like the Tanabe nf210's might be closer to the Eibachs in drop. Am I correct on this? WOuld one brand ride better than another?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun
It looks like the Tanabe nf210's might be closer to the Eibachs in drop. Am I correct on this? Would one brand ride better than another?
That is something I want to know also. Pro-Kits ride like stock...Tanabe NF210 or DF210, I have no experience whatsoever.

Hope we get some feedback soon, Going to buy lowering springs soon.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
well i definitely feel ur guys pain on the hesitation on which one to pick... my problem is the fact that my ge8 is my dd and also my wife and i are expecting a baby girl here in 3 weeks.. and i love the stock ride, nice and smooth but at the same time ive been in the import scene for quite some time , and the 1st thing i always do to my cars is dropping it...lol but not only do i do it for the looks but the improvemnet of body roll and handling.... so i was hesitating on the eibach pro kit and the df210 but on may 1st, t1r is coming out with some springs for the ge8 in which keeps the ride quality comfortable , dropped enough for a nice stance and great handling..... alot of fits here rock those springs and i havent heard nothing negative from them.. and to top it off, they the cheapest around !!!! 165 for them but not sure on the shipping.... so imma get that !!! hopefully its worth it.....

Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
well i definitely feel ur guys pain on the hesitation on which one to pick... my problem is the fact that my ge8 is my dd and also my wife and i are expecting a baby girl here in 3 weeks.. and i love the stock ride, nice and smooth but at the same time ive been in the import scene for quite some time , and the 1st thing i always do to my cars is dropping it...lol but not only do i do it for the looks but the improvemnet of body roll and handling.... so i was hesitating on the eibach pro kit and the df210 but on may 1st, t1r is coming out with some springs for the ge8 in which keeps the ride quality comfortable , dropped enough for a nice stance and great handling..... alot of fits here rock those springs and i havent heard nothing negative from them.. and to top it off, they the cheapest around !!!! 165 for them but not sure on the shipping.... so imma get that !!! hopefully its worth it.....
Good suggestion. I need to drop see Ben at AJ Racing and get a ride on his FiT which is fitted with those springs you mentioned.

Springs won't be available for another 3 weeks or so, I am told.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
Good suggestion. I need to drop see Ben at AJ Racing and get a ride on his FiT which is fitted with those springs you mentioned.

Springs won't be available for another 3 weeks or so, I am told.

yea i know thats what he told me!!! so imma wait it out till then .. icant wait!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I have tanabe DF's. 1.3" up front 1.8" in the back. The ride quality is exactly the same as stock, just feels smoother and sharper. Handles so much better. It is a very moderate drop, theres still wheel gap up front. I go up very steep driveways and speed bumps at normal speed and havent scraped or rub anywhere.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I have tanabe DF's. 1.3" up front 1.8" in the back. The ride quality is exactly the same as stock, just feels smoother and sharper. Handles so much better. It is a very moderate drop, theres still wheel gap up front. I go up very steep driveways and speed bumps at normal speed and havent scraped or rub anywhere.
Do you know if the NF's have the same feel and just less drop?

Last edited by runbikerun; 04-08-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member

well thats great to know!!!umm im so hesitant on what to do...... but with u backing up the df's , the only thing that gonna finalize my choice is the $$$ to get them..... but i dont know imma sleep on it and see what happens causei finally got some cash for atleast one of them but not to far away from having enough for the tanabes..... is there a ashop in orlando that carries them in stock? imma be in orlando for the memorial weekend... well anyway i dont know what to get!!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for your feedback qbmurderer13. Much obliged!
Feel better now about going with Tanabe DF210.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
well thats great to know!!!umm im so hesitant on what to do...... but with u backing up the df's , the only thing that gonna finalize my choice is the $$$ to get them..... but i dont know imma sleep on it and see what happens causei finally got some cash for atleast one of them but not to far away from having enough for the tanabes..... is there a ashop in orlando that carries them in stock? imma be in orlando for the memorial weekend... well anyway i dont know what to get!!!!!
I ordered mine through here. Tanabe DF210 Springs 2009+ Honda Fit - P/N: TDF143 Never heard of the place but I got a tracking number the very next morning and got it in less than a week. Great place to deal with.

I imagine the NF's would probably be even more comfortable since theyre less agressive. I guarantee if I took somewhere for a ride in my car they wouldnt be able to tell I got aftermarket springs. Granted the Fit suspension is pretty stiff in stock form the DF's feel exactly the same to me. Although I could use another .5" up front