2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

VSA on 2010 Fit-Tell Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
VSA on 2010 Fit-Tell Honda

I test drove a Fit Sport Auto last week and really enjoyed it. I did not buy it on the spot, however, because it did not have VSA (and I did not want to pay $1850 for Navi to get it). Therefore, I’m a willing buyer who is postponing his purchase until VSA is on the Fit Sport (alone). VSA is a proven safety technology that the Federal Government is requiring on all cars by 2012. Its already on the Scion, VW, Corolla, Hyundai etc.; Honda is at a competitive disadvantage without it. I wrote to Honda and asked them to put VSA on the 2010 Fit hoping to show them that sales are being postponed/lost because of the lack of VSA. The CEO of Honda was recently quoted in the business press as saying as a result of the 35% decline in sales and 81% drop in profits, they were looking at things and asking “DISC -- Does It Sell Cars”? VSA does!! If you believe as I do, please call Honda Customer Service @ 1-800-999-1009 (M-F, 6 am to 5 pm Pacific Time) and tell them you’d like to see VSA on the 2010 model too. Can we get a ground swell of demand for VSA?

Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM
hmm... I can't complain, I bought a Fit sport with the Navi and VSA, without VSA the 1850 for the Nav option couldn't be justified.

on a side note, is it me or is the Factory Nav horrible? yes it's touchscreen and yes it plays mp3s and ipod, but the response is slow and the icons and GUI look really playschool. I've owned better in forms of Pioneer AVIC D3 and my RNS-510 in my R32.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
If you read the posts by those without VSA, you'd think it is a waste of technology.

I agree though, it should be a standard feature... and in fact looks like it will be sometime soon. I doubt you'll get any support from Honda to change it's trim level on this though since it will be moot in under 3 years anyway.

On the other hand, I don't think a couple grand on a 20k purchase would be a deal breaker for a feature I value. Break it down to within your monthly payments and see if that is worth it to you.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
it'd be cool if it was standard. as long as you can override it. can you overrride it on the fit with navi's now?

Old 04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I think people are postponing because they have no jobs not VSA.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PNW101
I test drove a Fit Sport Auto last week and really enjoyed it. I did not buy it on the spot, however, because it did not have VSA (and I did not want to pay $1850 for Navi to get it).
Interesting. I don't really see the need unless I lived in a cold climate. Then again, I wouldn't own a fit if I had to live in the snow.

Honda is probably trying to maintain premiums on their accord by not offering it on the fit for now.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Interstate526
it'd be cool if it was standard. as long as you can override it. can you overrride it on the fit with navi's now?
Yes you can override the VSA. It's just a push of a button.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
I can see the need for VSA if you live somewhere with inclement weather most of the year, but I wasn't aware that some people evidently live by it, lol. Gah, just learn how to drive! My .02.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Go for it man...

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jagass
Go for it man...
post whore.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by peg_leg
post whore.
wouldn't that make you a post whore too for commenting on it? haha

anyways. if i'm not mistaken, some cars reenable the vsa at certain speeds or under certain conditions. i'm glad that honda allows it to be fully defeatable.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Interstate526
wouldn't that make you a post whore too for commenting on it? haha

anyways. if i'm not mistaken, some cars reenable the vsa at certain speeds or under certain conditions. i'm glad that honda allows it to be fully defeatable.
yeah it does lol sorry to trash on the op's thread.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
I can see the need for VSA if you live somewhere with inclement weather most of the year, but I wasn't aware that some people evidently live by it, lol. Gah, just learn how to drive! My .02.
LOL! That's like saying... front wheel drive? Forget it! Learn to drive with your standard rear wheel drive! It's called technology advancement.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
The VSA is standard on all EUDM GE8 models. And you can disable it with a pushbutton.

First of all; is there any diffrence between the VSA on a EUDM Jazz and a USDM Fit?

Does anyone know how the VSA system works?

When I was testdriving a GE8 e few month ago, the VSA seemed to works with the brakes. It helped a little when going up steep slippery slopes. But I did loose some power when it was activating, therefore I think it works by applying brakes on the wheels that are spinning.

Is there any speed limit for when it stops working?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
The VSA is standard on all EUDM GE8 models. And you can disable it with a pushbutton.

First of all; is there any diffrence between the VSA on a EUDM Jazz and a USDM Fit?

Does anyone know how the VSA system works?

When I was testdriving a GE8 e few month ago, the VSA seemed to works with the brakes. It helped a little when going up steep slippery slopes. But I did loose some power when it was activating, therefore I think it works by applying brakes on the wheels that are spinning.

Is there any speed limit for when it stops working?
You could always wire your own switch to the VSA, at least that is what a friend of mine did with his FJ Cruiser. Honda might be set up diffrently.

I am certain that you will only see VSC on all USA Fit models when its mandated.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
To All:
Thanks to you all for your input concerning VSA. Maybe Ken vs Ryu is correct -- most are postponing because of these uncertain times and not because of "no VSA." I DO live where there is inclement weather (WA state and the rain) and VSA aids the driver on slippery, wet roads (especially corners). And, to get the VSA (only w/ Navi), the cost of the Fit comes perilously close to that of a Civic EX (which also does not have VSA standard). Honda is so proud of the redesign of the Fit hood so it will cause less injury in a pedestrian crash -- I think they could have had more impact on safety if they would have put VSA on all models of the Fit. Well - thanks again.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
The Civic is nice but hard to compare with a Fit in my opinion.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Somebody's always gonna want something...

Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Should ask for bluetooth option while we're at it!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Im glad I got it. It rains like crazy in Austin, not to mention we have hills like San Fran. Basically, VSA is a Godsend on some days.

BTW, I can drive. But since most others can't, why not be safe on my side?

Quick Reply: VSA on 2010 Fit-Tell Honda