2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sport kit question for a new comer

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Sport kit question for a new comer

Helo Fit Owners,

I just installed Eibach sportline springs onto my 3 month-old GE8 and it looks perfect combined with the 17" wheels. I will post the pic of it later to share.

I just wonder about how good is this Eibach Sportline lowering kit in your opinion? This is my first ever car and my first time putting some mods on.

And I would like to know what other parts should i change (to more reinforced ones) to support this lower (and stiffer) spring in terms of durability? I heard stiffer spring and bigger wheels would affect the overall durability of certain parts on the suspension system.

Driving wise, this car is only for everyday use

Please share your opinion. It will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day

Old 03-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by J3SS13
Helo Fit Owners,

I just installed Eibach sportline springs onto my 3 month-old GE8 and it looks perfect combined with the 17" wheels. I will post the pic of it later to share.

I just wonder about how good is this Eibach Sportline lowering kit in your opinion? This is my first ever car and my first time putting some mods on.

And I would like to know what other parts should i change (to more reinforced ones) to support this lower (and stiffer) spring in terms of durability? I heard stiffer spring and bigger wheels would affect the overall durability of certain parts on the suspension system.

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day
Very interesting, I personally had Eibach springs on other vehicles of mine and had no problems at all with them. The only time I ever had a problem with springs is when I had a set of H&R springs on my GTI. There was a huge amount of rake due to those springs.

I cant wait to have you post up the pics! I also cannot wait till these springs are released stateside as well!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the quick reply sir Jay.

My question is did you install any other after market parts related to the vehicles' suspension than just the springs? Or is it okay just to replace the stock spring with the pro kit. How far would it affect durability of the suspension?

i am looking for my camera atm. I will post it as soon as I find it

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Helo Fit Owners,

Have a nice day
you should be fine with 17's and Eibachs IF your roads are OK in your part of the world. Most guys here especially in the warmer climates do fine with similar combinations.
Here in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin, the roads are crap after a harsh winter and 17's and very big drop will very much increase the likely hood of bent wheels and harsh bottoming.

I might go to Indonesia in May for business by the way.

Last edited by Tork; 03-18-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Wait, Eibach has finally released GE8 specific parts now? Either that or China has already made cheap knockoffs of unreleased parts.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Did you have to cut the bumpstops?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
Did you have to cut the bumpstops?
I would like to know this also. I want to do a drop but I don't want to do anything irreversible.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
^ that.
Mines is a lease, so I can't cut the bump stops.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
^ that.
Mines is a lease, so I can't cut the bump stops.

you do not have to cut them froont and rear, youll be fine. The only reason to do this is since your a tad lower, if you hit a HUGE dip, it may compress and hit the plastic bumpstop, nothign will happen and you will be fine.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your reply sir tork. How bad is the road there in Northern IL like u mentioned?

Because talking about road condition I would say the road surface in Indonesia is poor compared to those in the states (I lived in Oregon once for college). Were I still in the states, I will not have to ask this question because there wouldn't be anything to worry about regarding the roads

Some roads here (protocol roads aside) even have potholes and and very uneven. Causing the tyres and suspension to vibrate a lot. Of course I applied super careful aproach when driving through these mess especially in rainy season coz some potholes could have water in and become invincible to spot.

Yeah I hit the potholes several times at low speed because I missed some of em even with my super careful driving approach. But those things are inevitable to happen here i think.

That is why I would think to reinforce some of the suspension parts in order to take the punishment from this condition. If some of you are suspension expert, maybe you could recomend them for my condition here

With the Eibach, there are about 2 cm gap to the fender at front and rear. I think the drop perfectly suits me here. And I haven't had any rubbing eversince. So I don't think you would need to cut the bump stops. The drop is perfect imo. I will post the pic of it tomorrow so u guys could see.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys

Have a nice day

Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 AM
nice. time to get some springs. lol

Old 03-20-2009, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
Helo Fit Owners,

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day
Wait, the sportlines? I'm a lil lost here, where did you get them? I didn't know they were even available, let alone, existed! Clarification please?