2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Driving Chevy Aveo

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Being a former ford owner (thunderbird) in a chevy family (blazer and silverado) I have to say I vastly prefer ford vehicles. Hit 170,000 miles on the tbird and sold it to my girlfriend when I got the FIT. Its still running and 90% of my car knowledge came from the work I've done on it. Chevy could very well be a good company but I've never bought one and never intend to. Besides now that I've got the fit I've lost all respect for American cars. I used to bash foreign cars like every other person who only owned american vehicles but now that I have driven a car that was actually built right (the fit) I wont go back.

<incoherent rant>

People talk aboult how we have to keep our money in america. Bullshit! Thats the most 'unAmerican' thing I've ever heard. If a company makes a better car - you buy it. Period. The global economy isn't going away no mater how hard you try to ignore it. How 'American' is it to give your money, that you (probably) worked hard for, to a company that cant make quality products. Sure the money goes to American workers but wtf is the point? If I wanted to just give away money to Americans who need money I would give it to charity not give it to a shitty company to piss away on wasted designs and poor processes and bad products so that their workers can make more money doing unskilled labor than I do. At least when I give money to Honda it is spent on creating more quality products for me to purchase in the future.

</incoherent rant>

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 07-30-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
you couldn't give me a Ford, GM or Chrysler, despite the fact that i'm a part owner in these losers.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
99 Chevy blazer, the trouble that never ended!! Bought the truck new in 99 and after we hit the 35K mile mark the thing fell apart, right after the warranty expires how convenient GM! American automakers are in the business to make trucks and not till recently they realized that they should make high quality cars as well due to the rising cost of gas. This is why imports are much better in quality, they've had more practice manufacturing them and clearly have much higher quality control than a car manufactured by whiny union workers who can't make a living on $35/hour jobs!

One good thing about that blazer though, our Honda dealer gave us the $4500 trade-in we would have gotten with the cash for clunkers program and we didn't have to wait a month before we got our new Fit and CRV so I guess . . .thanks GM??