2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sound Deadening Step #1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
A digital DB meter is only $49 at Radio Shack.....all we would need is your current DB (with sound deadening materials installed). I could measure the stock DB as I have the same DB meter.

Digital-Display Sound-Level Meter - RadioShack.com

I really don't want to get a DB reader for only a one time use. I am still saving up for a head unit. I'll see I can borrow one from someone else.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reako
A digital DB meter is only $49 at Radio Shack.....all we would need is your current DB (with sound deadening materials installed). I could measure the stock DB as I have the same DB meter.

Digital-Display Sound-Level Meter - RadioShack.com

Finally got around to a DB meter. see https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post647259 for db reading.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Dear all,

I am newbie in this forum.

After reading vwli experiment regarding sound deadening (thanks ), I am interesting to do it with my Jazz.

Today I just done it in audio store. It cost me IDR 900.000,- (around USD 90) to do it to my 4 doors only. The material name is Checkmat (Taiwan if I'm not mistake).

After finish, I check the sound quality (manually, by ears ). There is significant improvement with the sound (I still use my stock speaker and head unit), especially for the lower sound. I am happy with the result

Sorry I still cant figure it out how to put picture of the deadening process in this forum ...

Thanks.
AKUR

Originally Posted by vwli
I got some CAE-DK1 left after doing the doors. I decided to put some under the hood yesterday. I removed the insulation pad on the passenger side and the air scoop on the driver side. I lay the DK-1 on the two pockets on the hood. After I was done, I put the insulation pad and air scoop back. The one on the passenger side is completely covered by the OEM insulation pad. You can see part of the DK-1 under the air scoop in the pic. The engine noise is reduced significantly. I have to get used to the sound of the engine when I am switching gear. I am very happy with the result.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aripjuha
Dear all,

I am newbie in this forum.

After reading vwli experiment regarding sound deadening (thanks ), I am interesting to do it with my Jazz.

Today I just done it in audio store. It cost me IDR 900.000,- (around USD 90) to do it to my 4 doors only. The material name is Checkmat (Taiwan if I'm not mistake).

After finish, I check the sound quality (manually, by ears ). There is significant improvement with the sound (I still use my stock speaker and head unit), especially for the lower sound. I am happy with the result

Sorry I still cant figure it out how to put picture of the deadening process in this forum ...

Thanks.
AKUR
The sound quality will be improving even more by changing those stock speakers. My next project will be replacing the stock head unit. Still saving up.......

Old 05-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for advise.

I think for stock speakers will be my next project also, or active subwoofer in trunk area ... still thinking ...

For HU ... hmmm ... mine from dealer is more than enough for me, Kenwood DPX-MP5110U is not bad either.

Regards,
AKUR

Originally Posted by vwli
The sound quality will be improving even more by changing those stock speakers. My next project will be replacing the stock head unit. Still saving up.......