2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Edmund's Long Term Fit - 10 slickest features

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Edmund's Long Term Fit - 10 slickest features

This is a nice review of Honda's attention to detail with this Fit:

2009 Honda Fit Sport: 10 Cool Bits | Long-Term Road Tests Blog on Edmunds' Inside Line

Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
good read.
The longer I have this car the more I appreciate all the small things it offers.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT

2009 Honda Fit Sport: 10 Cool Bits | Long-Term Road Tests Blog on Edmunds' Inside Line
"webpage not available"

Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 AM

I have a gripe concerning those wipers, at least on RHD models.

When you use the windscreen washer, the end of the main wiper blade leaves a big streak of water across the windscreen just after the small blade goes past. I live in the Hunter Valley, in Australia. It is dusty around here, thanks to the coal trains and I use the windscreen washer a lot.

Does the LHD Fit do this?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
It does, but so do my last several Hondas. It's annoying to me as I continue to swipe the wipers until the window is fluid free.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
It does, but so do my last several Hondas. It's annoying to me as I continue to swipe the wipers until the window is fluid free.
Yep... but at least it's not in the most crucial line of sight being mostly on the passenger side.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Agreed about the windshield wiper--I've found that at speed the main wiper lets a few droplets fly up and to the right, spattering on the windshield after the mini-wiper has gone back down. It's not really in my line of sight but its pretty annoying when you want the big windshield to be spotless.

One edmunds commenter thought he'd be a smarty and complain about the little bins between the seats, on either side of the ebrake. I initially thought they were lame until I was in the car for longer than an hour and realized that a wallet and an iPhone fit neatly into either. Brilliant!

I will say that the two cupholders in front of the shifter (i've got an mt) are pretty useless except as a place to chuck sunglasses.

While I was waiting for the car I read the shift knob thread a lot, and thought I would immediately get something from MOMO or the Mugen dildo, but I really do like the shift knob's shape and texture. I suppose it could be heavier. Every reviewer complains about the materials in the car, but I've found that everywhere you actually touch (switchgear, ebrake, knob, wheel) feels great. I don't rub my hands along the molding flash on the side pockets or pat the dashboard a lot...

Everyone should drive the car without floormats for a week like I did while waiting for them to come from HandA. Now the fit seems SO much more luxurious!

I also thought I would need the upgraded armrest but I love the little one because I put my arm to the right of it when I'm shifting, and then when I'm cruising at speed it's just enough space for my arm to be comfy.

Honestly, if it weren't for the damn glovebox rattle i'd be deliriously happy.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
I really think people who knock on the Fit's low-rent interior material quality have a preconception just judging by the car's price. People say that the Civic or even the new Insight have an upgraded interior compared to the Fit. With the exception of the Civic's optional leather seats and the Insight's bright beige upholstery I think they have exactly the same plastic quality.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I've got a friend who drives a Civic EX-L, and the leather isn't all that great. It's just...not cloth.

I liked the fit's fabric ever since my sister got in and said "Hey, it's got a fleece interior!" Once I thought of it that way it made a lot more sense. Its pretty friggin warm in winter, too; that was a surprise since I came to the Fit after driving a car with heated seats.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I've never cared for leather seats even though I've owned several Hondas with it (came standard). It doesn't make sense to me - it's slippery, cold in winter which requires heated seats, burns your thighs in summer and shows signs of wear early.

That's why the cloth in the Fit to me is a plus.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I like leather.
As long as it's taken care of (which is a bitch....) they don't hardly show any wear what-so-ever. But.. you have to be a anal ass about it to keep the upkeep on it.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Only nice thing about leather is animal hair doesn't stick to it.
Bad thing about my black cloth interior it gets covered in the fit (esp. with a tan dog)
Never an issue with my black leather in the CL-S Just had to worry about their nails...
But I agree with what Crystal mentioned...a lot more negatives w/ leather than positive.