2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Can Somebody Help Me With These Issues I am Having...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Can Somebody Help Me With These Issues I am Having...

I have some questions about my 09 Fit Sport with tons of dealer-installed accessories. I have had the car for about 5 months and am getting ready to sell it because it seems to be "falling apart" in various places. The specific questions I have now will follow and I would appreciate some serious help. I have already head from a lot of you that I am a loser, things are mostly my fault what do I expect and on and on. But these questions, if you can, take seriously, because I am wondering if they are "normal" need to get in the shop or what.

I still have 3500 mi. on the car with the original oil and filter that came with the new car. I was told for the first exchange (the dealer wants me to get it one now) to let the oil stay in the car until 5000 mi. or the gauge reads 5% or less left. it currently reads 45%, with about 3500 miles on the car. When I do get the oil change do I just go with Honda's recommendation on synthetic oil or are there any latest feelings on the best kind of oil to replace?

2. When I adjust the stick so the FRONT wipers are on, the rear wipers come on too. I see that it still says the rear wipers are OFF, but they come on when I put the front wipers on. I figure this is not normal so I read the manual, slightly pulled out the end of the wiper stick (it does not come out much so it is probably not suppose to be pulled out) but there are times when this does stop the rear wipers from staying on when all I want is the front wipers on.

3. In the front down by the wipers, where the venting is, on my Fit Sport there is a gap that looks like it was put there because they did not have a big enough black plastic part for this area. it looks odd and since it is not flush with the other black piece that goes from one end of the car to the other (right below where the windshield is molded into the frame). The 2 " area that looks like it was extended to make-do for a wider car as I said is not flush with the rest of the plastic piece so it collects a lot more seeds, pine needles, dirt, etc. Any feelings on this? :-)

4. Anybody have a good, basic link to an article explaining what, if anything, one would use the paddles opposed to the automatic driving for. I like "paddle driving" but the car seems like it was really not made to handle 100% driver paddle driving because many times the car takes over and I guess think I forgot I was paddle driving and changes things for me.

I think that is it.

thanks for any serious experts that want to help a newbie.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 AM
The dealer will probably tell you to get one now because they want money. I don't think you'll go wrong either way. I'm following the manual with mine. I have 20% left on my oil at like 5k miles, so i'm gonna change mine this week.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Well about question 3 it seems it was designed to be there, for water drainage....

Originally Posted by heres the tread on it
About the rear wipers being on while the fronts are on....if the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse, it automatically turns on the rear one just for a few seconds...after you're done backing up it should disengage it...if its doing it other times..I'm sure the warranty will cover any electrical bugs your car may have...

Then the paddle shifters...read the manual about that...it has a very detailed explaination of how it works...for example if you are in 'd' it will return to automatic mode once you slow down below a certian speed or if you cruise long enough in that gear....the manual also covers what speed/rpm the car will allow you to upshift/downshift....and if you want to 'force' the car to stay in a gear you have to use sport mode which also disables 5th gear....there's alot of info in the manual so read it FIRST!

Last edited by mastershake; 03-09-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
#2 see page#74 in Owners Manual
"When you shift the transmission to
the reverse position with the front
windshield wiper activated, the rear
wiper operates automatically even if
the rear wiper switch is off."

#3 this was brought up before https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...winsheild.html

#4 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/eco-...t=paddle+shift

Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
Strange list of questions for someone "getting ready to sell it because it seems to be "falling apart" in various places."

1. Don't change the oil if you're selling the car.
2. It's supposed to do that if it's in reverse.
3. It's made that way.
4. That doesn't seem so important for someone selling their car.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Strange list of questions for someone "getting ready to sell it because it seems to be "falling apart" in various places."

3. It's made that way.

No doubt... sounds like a bit.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
gwh
any one have problems with windshield cracking on 2009's???

just had aslight crack appear going over small frostheave

Old 03-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I knew it had to happen

Originally Posted by Virtual

3. It's made that way.
I knew there had to be one mean soul in the list of answers. No question is strange man--you never know if the person is selling it or not. if you do not like the "situation" under which the questions are asked, just pas the post by.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by gwh
any one have problems with windshield cracking on 2009's???

just had aslight crack appear going over small frostheave
^^^ I would take this question to another thread, this probably isn't the place.

Originally Posted by Kooler
I knew there had to be one mean soul in the list of answers. No question is strange man--you never know if the person is selling it or not. if you do not like the "situation" under which the questions are asked, just pas the post by.
I wouldn't call him a mean soul...I think he's just wondering why you were so quick to say the car is "falling apart".

It seems your questions have been answered though. I'm sure people here would be more than happy to help if you have more questions---Advice though, if you have more questions, search first, or people might bite your head off.

good luck. i think the fit is a great car, and IMO it doesn't seem to be falling apart; it just seems like a little misunderstanding between car and owner.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
I wasn't trying to be mean.

I got the idea that you were selling it because you said:
I have had the car for about 5 months and am getting ready to sell it because it seems to be "falling apart" in various places.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have some questions about my 09 Fit Sport with tons of dealer-installed accessories. I have had the car for about 5 months and am getting ready to sell it because it seems to be "falling apart" in various places. The specific questions I have now will follow and I would appreciate some serious help. I have already head from a lot of you that I am a loser, things are mostly my fault what do I expect and on and on. But these questions, if you can, take seriously, because I am wondering if they are "normal" need to get in the shop or what.

I still have 3500 mi. on the car with the original oil and filter that came with the new car. I was told for the first exchange (the dealer wants me to get it one now) to let the oil stay in the car until 5000 mi. or the gauge reads 5% or less left. it currently reads 45%, with about 3500 miles on the car. When I do get the oil change do I just go with Honda's recommendation on synthetic oil or are there any latest feelings on the best kind of oil to replace?

2. When I adjust the stick so the FRONT wipers are on, the rear wipers come on too. I see that it still says the rear wipers are OFF, but they come on when I put the front wipers on. I figure this is not normal so I read the manual, slightly pulled out the end of the wiper stick (it does not come out much so it is probably not suppose to be pulled out) but there are times when this does stop the rear wipers from staying on when all I want is the front wipers on.

3. In the front down by the wipers, where the venting is, on my Fit Sport there is a gap that looks like it was put there because they did not have a big enough black plastic part for this area. it looks odd and since it is not flush with the other black piece that goes from one end of the car to the other (right below where the windshield is molded into the frame). The 2 " area that looks like it was extended to make-do for a wider car as I said is not flush with the rest of the plastic piece so it collects a lot more seeds, pine needles, dirt, etc. Any feelings on this? :-)

4. Anybody have a good, basic link to an article explaining what, if anything, one would use the paddles opposed to the automatic driving for. I like "paddle driving" but the car seems like it was really not made to handle 100% driver paddle driving because many times the car takes over and I guess think I forgot I was paddle driving and changes things for me.

I think that is it.

thanks for any serious experts that want to help a newbie.

1. I'd change the oil now to get rid of the assembly contaminants and replace with the proper grade, maybe 10W-20, whatever your manual says, of Mobil 1 syntrhetic oil and a new filter of good repute, Feam, Mobil 1, or Honda depensding on what the dealer charges. If you're going to sell or trade the car just do it asis. Next time be careful what you ask for.

2. Is it possible you have turned the little knob on the end of the wiper stalk on and therefore whenever you 'click down' the wiper lever you auto mmatically start the rear wiper? Otherwse, the rear wiper should come on only when you turn the knob on the end of the wiper lever.If not and there was some reason for the 'dealer accessories' to access the steering column that could be the problem. Worse, often dealers 'outsource' such accessories, especially sound stuff, to those specialty stores and often their techs' are a bit more ham-handed than Honda techs. And if you got 'tons of accessories' there could be a power load issue that could 'eat' your alternator or battery, so be aware. Few sound shops take that into account when they add 5000 watts of sound stuff.

3. read 2 again. Any missing panel parts that you don't find in a dealer showroom car just may be the reason for suspecting 2.

4. The paddles are for driver controlling the engine rpm to match the conditions same as a manual transmission except no clutch is needed. And it works for both improving mpg as well as track performance. The only difference is the rpm range you are using. Keeping rpm above 1500 and not over 2500 seems to improve mpg. Selecting "D" has some other programming emphasise than mine. So use it away.
And whenever you encounter a grade the engine will downshift without saying so due to the 'grasdient control' part of the auto programming. Its not a CVT as used by Honda elsewhere in the world (I don't think because the rpm changes only to the next lower gear ratio, nothing inbetween)

Last edited by mahout; 03-13-2009 at 08:20 AM.