2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 fit sport armrest coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
Go for it!

Actually our armerst is $111.95 shipped.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
hey zeta, to recap:
does the arm rest slide forward like the OEM?
What compartments does it have inside? Coin holder? 2 compartments?
how many cup holders does it have that come out in the back?
are their any plans on making one that looks more OEM, such as uses the front cup holder and looks flush from the back?

I'm very interested in ordering one, thanks in advance!

Also anyone know if the OEM armrest has cup holders that come out as well?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by pharciDe
hey zeta, to recap:
does the arm rest slide forward like the OEM?
What compartments does it have inside? Coin holder? 2 compartments?
how many cup holders does it have that come out in the back?
are their any plans on making one that looks more OEM, such as uses the front cup holder and looks flush from the back?

I'm very interested in ordering one, thanks in advance!

Also anyone know if the OEM armrest has cup holders that come out as well?
Our armrest does not have a sliding top. There is a coin holder and the inside storage compartment has a removable bottom for extra storage.

Also, our armrest has a fold-down cup holder in the back. The OEM Honda armrest does not have cup holders.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by peng1can
I'm going to assume the built-in cupholder and the inside of the unit look like the pics in the '08 kit on your site. But, if at all possible I'd still like to see a better picture of how much of the first OEM cupholder is obstructed. I realize it's petty, but it plays into how it looks, and I also have a specific use for that cupholder. Thanks!
Here is a close-up of the cup holder area:

Old 06-07-2009, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
O.K. I installed my armrest today. At first when it came I was a little disappointed as it seemed a little cheap. However the top is really nice as it is real leather. I really like the back cup holder and I actually think it is much more useful then the cup holder it replaced. I was a little taken aback because I thought that I could install it with out tools. Except if you want to use it without bolting it in, you have to cut a molded bump out of the bottom of the hard plastic bottom that the bolt goes through. So unless you plan to gnaw it off with your teeth you are going to need something to saw it off. There is lots of storage although I am having a little trouble with the false bottom as I have to keep playing with it to get it to fit right. Probably just a learning curve once I figure out how to get in the first time. I have decided that I quite like it, and am glad that I purchased it.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:33 AM
dgs
I think this is a neat alternative to the OEM armrest. I do like the sliding feature of the OEM armrest but I like the coin holder and deeper storage of this solution. I will have to think about this as I was really set to order the OEM armrest.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Snoodmaster
O.K. I installed my armrest today. At first when it came I was a little disappointed as it seemed a little cheap. However the top is really nice as it is real leather. I really like the back cup holder and I actually think it is much more useful then the cup holder it replaced. I was a little taken aback because I thought that I could install it with out tools. Except if you want to use it without bolting it in, you have to cut a molded bump out of the bottom of the hard plastic bottom that the bolt goes through. So unless you plan to gnaw it off with your teeth you are going to need something to saw it off. There is lots of storage although I am having a little trouble with the false bottom as I have to keep playing with it to get it to fit right. Probably just a learning curve once I figure out how to get in the first time. I have decided that I quite like it, and am glad that I purchased it.
I'm glad you like it. We have had positive responses from a bunch of customers already. As for the "tool-free" install, I want to clear it up. You have 2 options for the installation.

You can choose to screw it in using the existing mount in the bottom of the rear cup holder. For that you will need a Phillips screw driver. You will be able to remove it again with a screwdriver.

If you want to have the option of removing the armrest as needed without tools, you will have to cut off a tab on bottom. Once the tab is cut off, you can drop the armerst it the cup holder and remove it as you wish without additional tools. Hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Question - does this work with the 2012 Honda Fit base model?