2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 fit sport armrest coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Final Product Available?

Do you have a final product available? I am really eager to purchase an armrest for my 2009 Sport. I do not want to keep the drivers arm rest and I do not want to use any screws to secure the armrest. Is something like this coming in the near future?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by oftel101
Do you have a final product available? I am really eager to purchase an armrest for my 2009 Sport. I do not want to keep the drivers arm rest and I do not want to use any screws to secure the armrest. Is something like this coming in the near future?
Yes, we are very close to the finished product. We are making some final tooling changes to the mold that makes plug for the driver seat once the stock, folding armrest is removed. Hope to have something in the next 3 weeks. I will post info.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor
The armest has arrived! CLICK image below for details!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Looks decent, thought 120 was a tad more than I thought it was going to be. I'd really love to see this in person...

Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'll buy anyone's old oem armrest... or take it off their hands. as long as it's in good condition.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
Price has not been set but figure somewhere under $100.
Originally Posted by Tyrsis
Looks decent, thought 120 was a tad more than I thought it was going to be. I'd really love to see this in person...
Have to agree... I subscribed to this thread thinking that we'd get a decent armrest for about $100 shipped. But at the $120 price plus $15 shipping, you're now in the same price range as the OEM armrest. I'd rather just save a few extra bucks and buy OEM.

Will there be any introductory / special pricing for FitFreak members?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
My main concern at this point is it still looks like a kind of goofy "aftermarket fit." Does it really cover up half of the second cupholder like it appears to? I'd also be interested in seeing pics of the cupholder deployed and the inside of the unit.

Last edited by peng1can; 05-25-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:57 PM
I've all but given up on swapping out my armrest. ~ $50 savings over OEM is in no way compelling, given this will not provide nearly the same functionality, durability, or looks. The view from the backseat is not attractive.

Zeta team: reconsider your price. If your costs were that high to manufacture this update (I believe you simply added a plastic delete plug?), then I'm sorry. Otherwise, consider dropping your retail and lowering your margin - I think it makes good business sense given that your sole competition in this model/product category is Honda.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
It does fit, supposedly there were issues with possible interference while shifting, but I think its just being overly concerned about a "non-issue"
+1. I have the OEM armrest on my manual and it works fine. I have it down when I'm cruising or shifting "lightly" (with my wrist) and I put it up if I need to accelerate and/or shift fast...or if I need to use the e-brake (snowy roads)...just for safety's sake. I love it tho...even though it is small and very generic.

On this other armrest, does the top pad slide forward to create a longer surface for your arm like the OEM does?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tobey457
Have to agree... I subscribed to this thread thinking that we'd get a decent armrest for about $100 shipped. But at the $120 price plus $15 shipping, you're now in the same price range as the OEM armrest. I'd rather just save a few extra bucks and buy OEM.

Will there be any introductory / special pricing for FitFreak members?
The "UNDER $100" armrest was before we decided to make a mold for the armrest removal kit. That added wuite a bit of cost to the overall R&D budget. What I can do is drop the price for a limited time to get the product off the ground. Check the site again for the latest pricing.

Last edited by zetaproducts.net; 05-27-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Unsubscribed.....

Old 05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm going to assume the built-in cupholder and the inside of the unit look like the pics in the '08 kit on your site. But, if at all possible I'd still like to see a better picture of how much of the first OEM cupholder is obstructed. I realize it's petty, but it plays into how it looks, and I also have a specific use for that cupholder. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by superfriend
I've all but given up on swapping out my armrest. ~ $50 savings over OEM is in no way compelling, given this will not provide nearly the same functionality, durability, or looks. The view from the backseat is not attractive.

Zeta team: reconsider your price. If your costs were that high to manufacture this update (I believe you simply added a plastic delete plug?), then I'm sorry. Otherwise, consider dropping your retail and lowering your margin - I think it makes good business sense given that your sole competition in this model/product category is Honda.
agreed.

i would rather buy the oem one. i think it looks better.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stalonehong
agreed.

i would rather buy the oem one. i think it looks better.
OK! What price would you consider fair? Keep in mind that most people are not able to install the factory console for the simple fact that you have to take out the console and cut/drill. Most will have to get a professional or the dealer to install. That would add quite a bit to the bottom line, no?

Our armrest is basically a 5-second drop-in. Anybody can do it. That should be taken into consideration!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
OK! What price would you consider fair? Keep in mind that most people are not able to install the factory console for the simple fact that you have to take out the console and cut/drill. Most will have to get a professional or the dealer to install. That would add quite a bit to the bottom line, no?

Our armrest is basically a 5-second drop-in. Anybody can do it. That should be taken into consideration!

if its a 5 second drop in, would there be fitment issues? would it cause any kind of rattling when driving cause that annoys the hell out of me...

Old 05-27-2009, 04:09 PM

It doesn't take 5 seconds to delete the sport armrest.

I personally would need an unbiased review - ideally from someone on these forums.

Aesthetically, we can somewhat comment using pictures alone. In terms of functionality, materials and durability, someone is going to have to install it and use it. If it's rock solid and looks great in person, then maybe that will offset some of our criticisms.

May seem like a lot to ask, and you don't need to do this for all of your products, but bear in mind that after shipping, it's a savings of only $50 compared to an OEM solution. This is something that we'll have to use and touch everyday.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by stalonehong
if its a 5 second drop in, would there be fitment issues? would it cause any kind of rattling when driving cause that annoys the hell out of me...
It's a snug fit. You also have the option of screwing it into the bottom of the cup holder using the existing mounting point. We include a replacement screw that you can use to secure our armrest to the console.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
It doesn't take 5 seconds to delete the sport armrest.

I personally would need an unbiased review - ideally from someone on these forums.

Aesthetically, we can somewhat comment using pictures alone. In terms of functionality, materials and durability, someone is going to have to install it and use it. If it's rock solid and looks great in person, then maybe that will offset some of our criticisms.

May seem like a lot to ask, and you don't need to do this for all of your products, but bear in mind that after shipping, it's a savings of only $50 compared to an OEM solution. This is something that we'll have to use and touch everyday.
You are right, it does take more than 5 seconds to delete the SPORT armrest. I was comparing it to how long it would take to install the honda OEM armrest once the seat-mounted armrest is already removed. Let's wait and see who will be the first post a review.

As for the $50.00 difference, where are you getting the price on the OEM unit?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
You are right, it does take more than 5 seconds to delete the SPORT armrest. I was comparing it to how long it would take to install the honda OEM armrest once the seat-mounted armrest is already removed. Let's wait and see who will be the first post a review.

As for the $50.00 difference, where are you getting the price on the OEM unit?
2009 Honda Fit New Drivers Side Armrest, OEM:eBay Motors (item 110359626921 end time Jun-02-09 11:19:20 PDT)

I can get it right there for $172 shipped. Using your promo price, yours would be about $115 shipped for me, so $57 difference.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
2009 Honda Fit New Drivers Side Armrest, OEM:eBay Motors (item 110359626921 end time Jun-02-09 11:19:20 PDT)

I can get it right there for $172 shipped. Using your promo price, yours would be about $115 shipped for me, so $57 difference.
Go for it!

Quick Reply: 2009 fit sport armrest coming soon