2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2009 fit sport armrest coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by zetaproducts.net
We are still working on a kit to remove the stock armerst. That way you will use just the Zeta armrst.
Would this be a separate kit, or are you waiting to include this with the final product, but as an option?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by superfriend
Would this be a separate kit, or are you waiting to include this with the final product, but as an option?
We are working on making a plastic plug for the seat once the astock folding armerst is removed. We could sell the plug separate or with the Zeta armrest. It's still up in the air right now.

From the posts I read, we need to offer the customer as many choices as possible. Maybe we could offer one type of armerst for the BASE car and a different type of armrest for the SPORT. We will have to address these issues as they come up.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
We are working on making a plastic plug for the seat once the astock folding armerst is removed. We could sell the plug separate or with the Zeta armrest. It's still up in the air right now.

From the posts I read, we need to offer the customer as many choices as possible. Maybe we could offer one type of armerst for the BASE car and a different type of armrest for the SPORT. We will have to address these issues as they come up.
Sounds good. As you can tell, we're all anxious for this (as it's an incredible savings over OEM) and you may have quite a long list of customers, provided all bases are covered. So, no rush, we want high quality and aesthetics!

Old 03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
In for one.

My only concern is the stock armrest now feels quite high to me. I would prefer an armrest a little bit lower?

Old 03-19-2009, 03:33 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Bumping this back. Any updates?

I agree with alpha zero. I would also like the armrest to sit just a tad lower, I would also like it to come with some sort of cap to remove the OEM armrest and just use your armrest that covers up that entire space. Dont see a reason to use both. As mentioned before no rush, just make sure its the best quality you can! Oh and sturdy too

Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 AM
bump for interest as well

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you all for the interest! As it looks now from the feedback received, more people want the one armrest. We are also working on making a plug to go in place of the stock armrest once it is removed. As for the height, we are looking to keep it as close to stock as we can. Not enough interest in a lower or higher armrest.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you all for the interest! As it looks now from the feedback received, more people want the one armrest. We are also working on making a plug to go in place of the stock armrest once it is removed. As for the height, we are looking to keep it as close to stock as we can. Not enough interest in a lower or higher armrest.

So is this the new armrest for the ge8 because all these say 09 but show the gd3 in all the pictures for the rest of the 09 products? Its a bit confusing if you want to be honest.

2009 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest - 09-FIT-N

Last edited by Committobefit08; 03-27-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
So is this the new armrest for the ge8 because all these say 09 but show the gd3 in all the pictures for the rest of the 09 products? Its a bit confusing if you want to be honest.

2009 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest - 09-FIT-N

That one is for the '09, but for the base model (looks like a GE in the pics).

We've been discussing new one for the sport in this thread, which has yet to be released.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Well the base and sport have the same cupholders so that one should fit as long as you remove the stock armrest. I don't think anybody wants to use both.

Although in the description of the 09 fit armrest he refers to the fit as an 07. Hopefully zeta can clarify.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
The 09 BASE and SPORT models have the SAME console. The armrest will fit in either car. The Plug Kit for SPORT models is in it's final stages. With our Plug Kit You will be able to remove the seat-mounted armrest and cover the hole in the fabric. Hope this clears things up.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:52 PM
The 09 BASE and SPORT models have the SAME console. The armrest will fit in either car. The Plug Kit for SPORT models is in it's final stages. With our Plug Kit You will be able to remove the seat-mounted armrest and cover the hole in the fabric. Hope this clears things up.
But if you want to use both the sport armrest and your console is that possible? (meaning no plug kit needed) Is there space for the new console is what I'm asking.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 03-27-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
It sort of did thanks so that link is for the 09?...but if you want to use both the sport armrest and your console is that possible? (meaning no plug kit needed) Is there space for the new console is what I'm asking.
We have had a lot of responses regarding this. We are planning to offer the plug included with the armrest. You will need to remove the stock seat-mounted armrest before installing our console-mounted armrest.

Here are a couple of quick & dirty shots of how the armrest installs in a console. I will post more info as it becomes available.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM
We have had a lot of responses regarding this. We are planning to offer the plug included with the armrest. You will need to remove the stock seat-mounted armrest before installing our console-mounted armrest.

Here are a couple of quick & dirty shots of how the armrest installs in a console. I will post more info as it becomes available.

good to know. Thanks for posting the pics.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM

So are you scratching the attempt at the thinner armrest design? I'm personally more for just getting the plug bundled with the armrest you already have out, provided it's wider and more stable.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
We will be offer the PLUG KIT for sale separately. You can install any armrest you wish. The armrest we have now is a 2-piece design that must be screwed into the smaller forward cup holder. The new type 1-piece armrest will fit in the larger rear cup holder and has a deeper base and you will not need to screw it in to be secure.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
+1 Am interested. Please keep us informed. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Can you provide an adjustable or lower height armrest at a premium or a one off custom job? I'm surprised there isn't much interest in a lower armrest and I believe this is something that would increase my comfort more than anything else.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
^ yup
i mentioned it earlier, but he said that there wasnt enough demand for a lower armrest at this time.
so far, only 3 people have posted in here about a lower armrest.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Plink
Can you provide an adjustable or lower height armrest at a premium or a one off custom job? I'm surprised there isn't much interest in a lower armrest and I believe this is something that would increase my comfort more than anything else.
Sorry one size only.

Quick Reply: 2009 fit sport armrest coming soon