2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 Fit all wheels stolen - ADVICE: get wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 AM
all four of my stock wheels were stolen last night so i feel wat u are goin thruuu

Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Which one?

Hi, anyone knows which model of McGard I need for my New Fit'09???
Thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Malon
Hi, anyone knows which model of McGard I need for my New Fit'09???
Thanks
The Honda OEM locks are made by McGuard. Shop around on the web and you should able to get them for about $31 plus shipping. The part number is #08W42-SCV-101 (or the last three digits might be '100'; McGuard has assured me that it's the exact same part). I've already got these on my wheels and would like to add a second lock by a differnt company on the chance that whoever is thinking of taking my wheels might know how to work with one type but not the other. Does anyone have a part number for locks from a non-McGuard company that fit and look good on an '09 Sport?

Old 03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Somebody told me GORILLA 38431N. Good luck!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Malon
Somebody told me GORILLA 38431N. Good luck!!!
Thanks. I'll give them a try and post the results. Good luck on your end as well.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for your lost. When you get a lock watch out of this universal WHEEL LOCK REMOVAL SET

Old 03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I have that. It's not easy to do quickly. Unless you have 4 kits. Not so much getting the wheels locks off the car. More of getting the locks out of the tools.
Besides that, works great.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Sets like that kind of defeat the purpose of getting wheel locks, doesn't it? It even lets non-pros take your wheels.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
No not really.
It's not like a master key or something like that.
The wheel lock remover needs to be hammered onto the lock. It basically fits over the outside rim of the lock. Once hammered onto the lock, when you turn, it basically is frozen onto the lock. With that, you can remove the lock. Then you need to get the lock off the tool. Generally, you would use a table vice or something similar to then hammer the lock out of the tool. Not something you can do out on the streets really fast. Unless someone bought 4 kits and did this, it wouldn't really be fast.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
No not really.
It's not like a master key or something like that.
The wheel lock remover needs to be hammered onto the lock. It basically fits over the outside rim of the lock. Once hammered onto the lock, when you turn, it basically is frozen onto the lock. With that, you can remove the lock. Then you need to get the lock off the tool. Generally, you would use a table vice or something similar to then hammer the lock out of the tool. Not something you can do out on the streets really fast. Unless someone bought 4 kits and did this, it wouldn't really be fast.
Thanks--that's helpful information. Yes, they could carry four kits, but then my plan of having two locks on each wheel would prevent that from helping (and I'm betting that it will help even more if the locks are from different manufacturers). As others have noted above, the aim is not to make it impossible to take your wheels, only to make it too much trouble for them to bother.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
My wheels were stolen on Wednesday morning. I'm pretty ticked and feel pretty violated! Will a tilt alarm really work? I have set up security cameras in case they come back. Do you think they will come back for the el cheapo wheels I put on instead of the OEM's?

Thanks,
jazzman

Old 04-06-2009, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
looks like wheel thefts are becoming more common especially here in the Northeast

Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered the GORILLA 38431N wheel locks from Summit racing, about $25 with shipping. They installed in seconds on my '09 Fit Sport and look quite good, even better imo than the Honda OEMs (which are made by McGuard). I've driven about 70 miles on them and there's no sign of them loosening up, as someone in another thread said they might. I'll certainly post again if they do. Also, they use a very different type of key than the OEMs and, as I now have both types on my wheels, I think there's a fair chance that someone thinking of taking my wheels might know how to remove one type but not the other. If it works I suppose I'll never know; if it doesn't I'll post again.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
I have that. It's not easy to do quickly. Unless you have 4 kits. Not so much getting the wheels locks off the car. More of getting the locks out of the tools.
Besides that, works great.
yup using those is a pain in the ass, probably more fun if you are trying to not get caught

Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by pecx
Sorry for your lost. When you get a lock watch out of this universal WHEEL LOCK REMOVAL SET

yeah, but with an alarm with shock sensor, using this tool, banging it onto the lock, should set off the alarm. they tried to steal my aftermarket wheels when I had my 07 Fit, but the alarm, which is attached to an air horn, went off and gave such a ruckus, it must've scared them off. do yourselves a favor and get an alarm with a pager, and DO NOT buy cheap wheel locks such as the ones found in AutoZone or similar. it turns out, the keys are all the same for all their locks. I use McGard and Gorilla Guard, plus a pager alarm with glass sensor, and probably will be placing a motion sensor, for my new ride. like everyone says, it not 100%, but it should deter thieves.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FireFox91
I think more people would switch to my anti-theft solution (base wheels with caps) before using lock-tite on the wheels. Then again, some people are rolling with no spare to lighten the load and save gas. Might as well go all the way on the self-screw job, right?
Say, do you have some kind of trim all the way around the wheel well? Is it a protective thing? I have a base too.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
Location: ameRica's finesT (619) & ameRica's playGRound (702) on planeT Rock

19jul08 //GtR 2008 Gd3 hatch w/ 5777 miles - GoRilla wheel lock system "thou shall not steal"

Last edited by gtr auto pilot; 04-11-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
So, last Wednesday, I woke up at 5 am to walk my dogs and realized that all my tires had been stolen off of my 2009 Honda Fit Sport. I was so heartbroken. The idiots sat my car on some milk crates, which ended up breaking under the weight of the car (duh!), which caused my car to fall and damage the underbody kit. With no tires, they had to drag my car up the tow truck, damaging the rotors and God knows what else. Got the call yesterday from the claim adjuster and, thus far, the damage exceeds $3000. They will further determine what other damage is done once the car is able to be put in the air and examined underneath. Kinda sucks! I've only had my Fit since January. Any suggestions other than wheel locks? Any alarm systems sensitive enough to go off when my car is lifted, if it's lifted up again?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Viper alarms. Find their website. You can customize them to suit your needs.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks. Will do some research while my poor little baby is at the Honda dealership being poked and prodded.

Quick Reply: 09 Fit all wheels stolen - ADVICE: get wheel locks