2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

09 Fit all wheels stolen - ADVICE: get wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
do 14" wheels fit on the ge?
i actually wouldn't mind that for the wintertime trips to the snow.
No the base GE has 15" steelies. Not sure if 14" would clear the front calipers or not.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
The wheel locks were an included option on my Sport. The dealer doesn't sell any of their cars without them.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual
No the base GE has 15" steelies. Not sure if 14" would clear the front calipers or not.
I like your wheels.
I wonder if the dealers here in the states can order those.
Would probably cost an arm and leg tho...

Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
lots of people have 14's on their gd's. and i assume the brakes are the same size as the ge

Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Hump-Free
Wheel locks dont make a difference. All you have to do is take a machine chisle and a hammer and boom they don't need a lug wrench for the locks or the nuts....
Well yes they do make a difference. The difference is they have to "take a machine chisle and a hammer " which might make enough noise for some cases. The simple lug wrench would be the the preferred choice of thieves for stealth.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Virtual
Get antitheft marking done (etching).
Great idea except it is hardly a deterent unless ugly and clearly visible.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by forress
They were stock 16" that came with the Sport package.

The cops said they're like a pit crew, they want to spend as little time and as quite as possible so we're getting locks and a better alarm system because the factory alarm didn't go off once.
Sorry for your loss... after reading this I rushed outside and put my locks on I had sitting lazily on the porch. It's finally warm here in Mpls and thief season again. Hope my aftermarket Gorillas do the trick....

Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
so sorry bro.....
very sick feeling when BS like that happens.

Buy some wheels here or on the net, even if you dont get the wheels you want immediately, just get something for now and cut your deductable.
you will be able to get 09 or whatever wheels you want within a couple of months.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by minnemike
Well yes they do make a difference. The difference is they have to "take a machine chisle and a hammer " which might make enough noise for some cases. The simple lug wrench would be the the preferred choice of thieves for stealth.
Actually for the stock wheel locks, there are wheel lock removers that get em off fairly easily and quiet.
I'm just saying..

Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
anything that slows down a thief is good.

Kenchans suggestion of tilt and vibration sensors might be the ultimate best you can do.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
I’m very sorry that they did that to you. It’s not just the money that hurts, but the sense of violation as well. Thanks very much for giving us the heads-up—less-considerate people would simply keep the bad news to themselves.

I’m parking my ‘09 Sport on the street here in the East Village. I have Honda wheel locks on it but, as others have noted, that won’t stop them from breaking a window to look for the key that most people keep inside. I wonder whether it would help to install two locks on each wheel. That would send the message that this car belongs to a person who is unlikely to keep the keys inside, and also give pause to anyone thinking of using vice grips or the like. It would mean having to carry two heavy keys around, but I’m used to always carrying a backpack, and could keep them in there.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
anything that slows down a thief is good.

Kenchans suggestion of tilt and vibration sensors might be the ultimate best you can do.
again. wheel locks only keep an honest person from stealing.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
again. anything that slows down a thief is good

Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tork
again. anything that slows down a thief is good
yep. but a thief will get it if they want it.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:36 PM
yep. but a thief will get it if they want it.
Agreed, all you can do is try to keep a low profile and prepare for the worst. Others laugh at me when I told them I have three wheel locks on my wheels.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member

I love that saying although it doesn't make any sense. "Honest" people don't steal. If they did, they would take off wheels from all the cars without wheel locks.

Anyway, the loser thieves want an easy and fast target and many are not professional in their methods of stealing so they don't carry all the tools for all circumstances all the time.

Thus, while still not 100%, I put four Gorilla locks and one Mcguard lock on EACH wheel of my Marauder. That means they must get by 20 locks (5 on each wheel) to get my wheels which cost $800-$1000 each depending on which dealer one goes to.

Also, Gorilla and Mcguard wheel locks are the real deal and don't stick out at all. Here they are on my Marauder and they don't stick out or look out of place at all.

Name:  IMG_0319.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  229.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  196.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0320.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  220.0 KB

BTW, I bought my 09 "black" Fit so that my Marauder can rest for pretty
days.

Name:  IMG_0325.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  74.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0326.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  107.7 KB

Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, unbelievable that someone could put a car on blocks (even in the middle of the night) and walk away with all 4 tires and not one person saw anything or could be bothered to call the police!

Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
This is an all too common occurrence for the Honda Fit in New York City. I personally have driven by 2! wheel-stripped Fits just commuting to work in Queens. My 09 Sport had its front passenger window smashed as well, but lucky for me I don't keep anything of value within my car. Here are some pictures I took of the wheel-stripped Fit and my smashed window.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I've decided to add a second set of locks, probably from McGard. Does anyone know the right size for the stock '09 Sport wheels. I've searched other threads but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer posted. And, as one other person has noted, the McGard site doesn't yet list the '09. Thanks.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Eugene.Atget
I've decided to add a second set of locks, probably from McGard. Does anyone know the right size for the stock '09 Sport wheels. I've searched other threads but there doesn't seem to be a clear answer posted. And, as one other person has noted, the McGard site doesn't yet list the '09. Thanks.
My locks on my 06 CRV are the same as my 09 Fit.

Quick Reply: 09 Fit all wheels stolen - ADVICE: get wheel locks