2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Want a Cf Lip For the GE???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I want the lip in kevlar. Possible?
Just wondering...is there any special reason why you want it in kevlar?

Old 05-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Cause kevlar lip + gold wheels on white would look so sick dontcha think?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Lolz, i <3 u GE guys! On the real tho, we all have to remember that John does this on his time off from work!!! It's not his main job nor his main source of income because lets face it, if it was, he'd be BROKE as a JOKE!!!

Just try to bear with situation and its not that he doesn't come on and check the boards, but its that if there's nothing new to update as in he's still in the process of wrking on the mold/product/wuteva, he's not gona jump on like a forum junky (that WE are all are!!! -that sounded a lil confusing) and post, "Bump for this minute of this hour of this day: nothing new, just progressing exponentially towards the end result!"

I've been working with John closely and we have been bouncing back ideas of what he can actually produce that would be worth his time and efforts. It wouldn't make sense for him to make say... a BASE GE lip if only a couple people ask for it and only 1 person buys it right? And obviously, trying to produce 100% Real Carbon Fiber Products that are made by his own hands and guarantee 100% OEM fitment... is quite the arduous task in itself!

So in the end, I'm pretty sure that you guys will love what John has in store for us because I'm even lending him some of my TOP SECRET PARTS i've been saving for Spocom/SEMA but it'll be up to him when he announces/finishes the parts. I can tell you this though, seeing him work in person while helping him with what limited autobody experience that I have, John knows his 'ish! He will not release a product until he is 100% satisfied with the prototype and that's just the way he rolls!!!

So yea, like i posted back then too, patience is a virtue!

But if you forum addicts (includin me too) need something to do in the mean time, you can create a list of people interested and willing to put down a deposit on the lip so that way you're guarantee'd your lip before the later person and also it will give John a rough guestimation on how much material to be purchasing and enable him to plan out accordingly and give us a more precise ETA.

And for anyone who wants parts that he isn't offering yet, make a feeler thread!!! Like maybe a BASE LIP!?!??! It'll help you in convincing JDP to produce one and remember, willing to put down deposits mean BUSINESS!

So, any1 goin 2 SPOCOM? Come support the SOcal misFIT's FIT GE!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Easy for you to say you get all these parts that we can't lol.

But seriously that was well put. And a big thanks to john for actually listening to what we want and taking the time to produce parts for GE owners. I think most GE owners are just fed up that these companies are taking so long to release stuff for our cars. This is proof that if you make something for the GE that tons of people will be interested. And john is the first person to take initiative and do it. And it will definately pay off.

Looking forward to seeing the grill and other products.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Lolz, good timez. It's not that i got all the parts and you guys can't-remember, I've had my car since aug and whored it out 2 every1 for RnD! At first, i thought it was cool, but now i kinda regret it because there's a lot parts on my car that have either been broken, stripped, or just doesn't fit right anymore but I'm not gona mentino any names...

But on the real tho, I'm jes down for donating my car as long as we GE's as a community gets more aftermarket parts! I mean, even though I had coilovers since sept, i still donated my car to several companies so that they could develop more springs for the GE. Even though I've had the mugen front and rear since march, I still allowed john to test fit on my car and now I'm actually prbly gona rock his lip instead!

I admit, some parts that I have are not as readily available to the general public and i did do extensive research and a million phonecalls which just ended up in me flying overseas to pay a fortune and/or having parts straight up custom made and paid even a bigger fortune! I'm not trying to be greedy with my parts, but one has to understand that some of my parts, I'm on contract with so I can't readily devulge information and/or even dream about selling it, but in the end, I'm just a normal person like everyone else! I don't work for Spoon or Mugen or even Honda! But that doesn't mean I'm not down to help anyone out! Just pm me!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I would like to see that.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
ok guys just meet up with john today and here it goes, on the 1st page i'm going to start the list of people who are ready to buy a lip.
the guys who said that they were interested and put their names on the list when i 1st started the thread will be 1st to get the lip as long as you have the money ready. so please pm me asap so i can get this going and get these lips out to you guys!!!

please keep in mind this is NOT A GROUP BUY!!!

john has stated the lip is $250 usd plus shipping, and for people in canada shipping will be $100 usd but this can either be for 1 or 2 lips, so if 2 people in canada want to split shipping cost that is fine. all items will be sent via fedex w/ a tracking number.

for shipping quotes please pm john & to be put on the list please pm me so that we do not fill up this thread with unnessary post. once the lips are ready john or i (my name is mike btw) will pm the people on the list to let them know when to send a $20 deposit to reserve the lip and when full payment is made the lip will be shipped out.

for anymore question please feel free to pm me or john

thanks to everyone for their support of the lip and the upcoming rear diffuser & grill

Last edited by jdmsneakerhead; 05-25-2009 at 12:52 AM. Reason: fixing type o's
Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
add me to the ready to buy list, as long as he throws in free stickers like the ones pictured and maybe a plate frame

Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I am interested. Will it fit JDM bumper?
If YES!. how much to ship to Malaysia?

Cheers
T-R

Old 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BakedCookies
add me to the ready to buy list, as long as he throws in free stickers like the ones pictured and maybe a plate frame
added, for anymore quesition juss pm me or john please

Originally Posted by Tuned-R
I am interested. Will it fit JDM bumper?
If YES!. how much to ship to Malaysia?

Cheers
T-R
does not fit jdm bumper sorry

Last edited by jdmsneakerhead; 05-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:18 PM
JDP
Former Vendor

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you regarding the kevlar question. Unfortunately I will making this in either carbon or fiberglass only.

Kevlar is a thicker material to work with....which means more difficult to lay up in the mold. Also, I would have to purchase a large roll of the material which I wouldn't be using too much.

My apologizes...I hope you'll be happy with the carbon version.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
been meaning to ask, maybe it's listed somewhere, but how much does this lip lower is this lip than the bottom of the stock bumper?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
JDP
Former Vendor
been meaning to ask, maybe it's listed somewhere, but how much does this lip lower is this lip than the bottom of the stock bumper?
Good question...the lip doesn't hang much lower than the bumper itself...it looks lower because the lip extends out only. So to answer your question...probably 1/4 of an inch.

I made sure the lip would be lower friendly...

I know how it is...I drive a really low car myself.

John

Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM
JDP
Former Vendor
Updated list with payments received....mold will be done later today...first lip will be shipped out next week Monday ( 6/1). Two lips will be made per week.

Please submit $20 deposit to be on the list officially via paypal.

Many thanks for the support!!!!

1. stalonehong ($20 deposit received)
2. FiT4Kim ($20 deposit received)
3. lilaznphatboy
4. BakedCookies
5. Cadwgawn ($20 deposit received)

the original interest list:

1. jdmsneakerhead
2. AP ONE
3. ken vs ryu
4. Kittengolf
5. kingofpicklez
6. BakedCookies
7. mastershake
8. Darkness
9. MR-GE8
10. IS300na-t
11. 1FiTpINOY
12. volcom
13. OEMfit
14. projekz
15. RonaldHam
16. ekonetics
17. I<3 myfit
18. Honda6uy
19. lilaznphatboy
20. j6wok
21. alpragoseK
23. No Skillz[/quote]

Last edited by JDP; 05-25-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
1st page updated as well

Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
official paypal address would be nice

Old 05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
PapPal

official paypal address would be nice
I was looking for the same information too, BakedCookies. John PM'd last night stating the deposit be sent via paypal to: sales@jdpengineering.com

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-26-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 AM
JDP
Former Vendor
Updated list with payments received....mold will be done later today...first lip will be shipped out next week Monday ( 6/1). Two lips will be made per week.

Please submit $20 deposit to be on the list officially via paypal.

Many thanks for the support!!!!

1. stalonehong ($20 deposit received)
2. FiT4Kim ($20 deposit received)
3. lilaznphatboy
4. BakedCookies (deposit Pending)
5. Cadwgawn ($20 deposit received)
6. Bengolf ($20 deposit received)
6. Kittengolf ($20 deposit received)

the original interest list:

1. jdmsneakerhead
2. AP ONE
3. ken vs ryu
4. Kittengolf
5. kingofpicklez
6. BakedCookies
7. mastershake
8. Darkness
9. MR-GE8
10. IS300na-t
11. 1FiTpINOY
12. volcom
13. OEMfit
14. projekz
15. RonaldHam
16. ekonetics
17. I<3 myfit
18. Honda6uy
19. lilaznphatboy
20. j6wok
21. alpragoseK
23. No Skillz

Old 05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Sent my deposit. I assume lips will be shipped in order of deposits?

Thanks!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
JDP
Former Vendor
Sent my deposit. I assume lips will be shipped in order of deposits?

Thanks!
Hi Chris...deposit received...I will update the list.

Quick Reply: Want a Cf Lip For the GE???