2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Turbo kit for GE08

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
so i'm guessin it's all a HOAX... no reply?

Old 02-28-2009, 03:55 AM
I don't know if its luck I did research a lot of stuff when I put my kit together. It's a rev hard kit with a gt30 and a hondata k-pro. I upgraded my fuel rail along with the injectors and even the spark plugs. Also a set of camshafts from toda racing made for forced induction platformers smoothed it all out. I'm not sayin it was cheap, I even had to get a helical lsd because I had too much power going to the wheels. But if you set everything up correctly you should have no problems. If your gonna put a turbo in a non turbo car you can't expect it to run like it came from the factory without changing a few aspects. As for the running rich I feel your pain Gordo, it took a full year to get the tune down to a perfect balace of air/fuel delivery. I live in Oregon where the altitude is higher so my tune is specific for this kind of enviroment. Of course when I drive down to Cali its gonna run different but frankly it still hauls ass !!!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by jbdrivestheep
I see a lot of you guys are putting down the boosted cars but from personal experience a properly maintained system should never burn a hole in your pocket. I have a boosted EP3 daily grinding on 14psi never had a problem just needed a map check valve

I don't understand why you would need this map check valve if you have the car tuned properly. Now you say you are running hondata k-pro when just previously you said you just needed a MAP check valve. Well, which one is it?

I'm a supporter of boosted hondas, I'd much rather turbo than supercharge, however supercharging is much safer because you can't get a boost spike which could possibly cause catastrophic engine damage. A properly tuned and built turbo setup can run +30k miles on the same tune etc if you monitor your O2 readings with an O-meter/wide band.

I've boosted many hondas and chip as well as tune them.

Last edited by ht has no t; 03-01-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by ht has no t
I don't understand why you would need this map check valve if you have the car tuned properly. Now you say you are running hondata k-pro when just previously you said you just needed a MAP check valve. Well, which one is it?

I'm a supporter of boosted hondas, I'd much rather turbo than supercharge, however supercharging is much safer because you can't get a boost spike which could possibly cause catastrophic engine damage. A properly tuned and built turbo setup can run +30k miles on the same tune etc if you monitor your O2 readings with an O-meter/wide band.

I've boosted many hondas and chip as well as tune them.
Well I dunno if you have ever ran a K-pro but it doesn't overide the boost. The car will register boost as soon as it is 10+ psi and that is what the map check valve is for. You say I'm not running properly tuned and yet I stated I spent an entire year getting the tune down. I went to Ground Zero in Portland OR and quite frankly these guys are no rookies to Hondata. My car runs great any day of the week so how is it that I'm not properly tuned? did you even read the second post where I said I got camshafts for turbo applications? It is not luck to run 14psi on a K-20 and not watch it blow. The K-20 is just a good motor. People have over 400 whp on stock blocks I just have 360 whp with upgraded camshafts. Its not luck it proper driving and a good setup. I don't bounce off my tach and I certainly don't sit there spinning tires to show off. I respect the setup and drive it adequately not like some jackass on a mission. But hey if you don't beleive me you could always visit ephatch.com and brows other K-20 setups. Perhaps they have bad tunes also since the majority of us use a map check valve.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
so back on topic... i'm guessing the legitimacy of the OP is null???

Old 03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by jbdrivestheep
Well I dunno if you have ever ran a K-pro but it doesn't overide the boost. The car will register boost as soon as it is 10+ psi and that is what the map check valve is for. You say I'm not running properly tuned and yet I stated I spent an entire year getting the tune down. I went to Ground Zero in Portland OR and quite frankly these guys are no rookies to Hondata. My car runs great any day of the week so how is it that I'm not properly tuned? did you even read the second post where I said I got camshafts for turbo applications? It is not luck to run 14psi on a K-20 and not watch it blow. The K-20 is just a good motor. People have over 400 whp on stock blocks I just have 360 whp with upgraded camshafts. Its not luck it proper driving and a good setup. I don't bounce off my tach and I certainly don't sit there spinning tires to show off. I respect the setup and drive it adequately not like some jackass on a mission. But hey if you don't beleive me you could always visit ephatch.com and brows other K-20 setups. Perhaps they have bad tunes also since the majority of us use a map check valve.
Sorry to continue this...Just upgraded camshafts? Wow running high boost like that your askin for it without some forged rods and pistons...You must baby that thing...But anywayz back on topic

I say wait a year for a reputable company to do a lot of R&D and produce a kit....

Last edited by GordoGural; 03-01-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
lolz, u kidz r funny!