2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The saddest day of my Life

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
my standard procedure for getting pulled over by the police..

pull onto the shoulder as soon as possible and leave them enough room to walk up to the window

roll all windows down

turn overhead light on

turn car off, remove keys from ignition and place on the window sill

keep hands on steering wheel

.....i have 18% tint

Old 02-18-2009, 07:29 PM
There is a lot more to this than what the GI is telling.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat

pull onto the shoulder as soon as possible and leave them enough room to walk up to the window

roll all windows down

turn overhead light on

.....i have 18% tint

Exactly, I get pulled over often while Im in the s2 for NO REASON, I dont drive it like a idiot as thats what a race track is for (well to race it, not drive like a idiot), Right away pull over, 4 ways on, windown down, have ownership ready and be polite and smile and then mention most of my family are cops and that I work withthem as well for certain street events.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by FREAKnFIT
Bullsh**, If they didnt know if the person in the vehicle had a weapon and had a suspicion that he might, then why did they approach the vehicle in the first place without issuing a command over the loud speaker or by voice to either roll down the window or exit the vehicle with his hands up? Walking up to a vehicle and automaticaly bashing in the windows is a good way to have someone start firing a gun at you.

The only lesson he learned was that cops can use whatever force they feel like with no reprecussions, even if that force is over the top and uncalled for. Should he have been put in jail for doing double the speed limit? The law says yes. Should he have had his car trashed and him treated like a violent felon, absolutely not!!! And even if he was a violent felon, a cop who knew what he was doing and wasnt over zealous would have removed him from the car in a different manner at gun point. Looks like the backwoods sh*t azz mall cop wanted to teach a lesson to not speed in his backwoods town.

WE pay the police to uphold the law, not bash someones car in for speeding.
Wow... way to jump to conclusions. From what the TS posted, we know nothing.
I love how on almost all car forums everyone always tries to jump on the cops and claim foul play. Seriously...

roll all windows down

turn overhead light on

.....i have 18% tint
I generally try to take the first exit signalling the whole time and travelling at a very low speed. Then pulling over as far over to the right in the exit as possible and then also putting my keys on the dash.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Obviously we don't have the whole story so how can we decide if it was called for or not?

I suspect that we'll never know what really happened.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned
My way to pull over.... SPeed up! JK JK JK

I always do what Fat Ping Cat said. Windows down hands on the wheel ignition off. Officers are told that they need to give warning before smashing windows unless the suspect has not been complying with officers. If you were speeding, pulled over once they tagged you, and sat still, theres no reason they shouldn't done all that unless they asked you to roll down the windows and you haven't. But Im hoping that's not what happend. My advice from similar experiences. Even if they had reason to do so, at least get an opinion from a lawyer and have them tell you what is the best way to go. Not just one opinion but get several so you know that the lawyer doesnt just want the job weather he/she wins or not. They get paid either way.

I hope you get compensated for that. IMO They didnt have to shatter every window. They couldve done one and told you to step outside of the car at the most. IMO. Or just yell at you to step out of the car all together like their initally sposed to.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm really interested in hearing the entire story even though it's only one side of it.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Banned
x2^^^^^^^^

Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM
considering mace was involved I would assume our FT Cambell KY resident used his army GI majic to verbally encourage the local barny fife to restrain him. Assuming this is so, i think the busted windows and trip to jail were warrented. Hate to say it but Ive done stupid stuff too ( also a GI) but my pops was a cop so I never sass them..

Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 PM
well in that case...

pics of the girl in the reflection

Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
well
hear!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
yeah there is definitely a lot more to this story than we are being told. Speeding is one thing, but they are not going to bust out your windows and mace you just for that.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
i call bullshit on this thread.

judging by the pictures and type of damage, there is no way in hell a cop(s), having a bad day or not, would need to do that to anybody's car.

unless, of course, the driver was a DUMBASS. and driving at that rate of speed in a fit, or any vehicle, constitutes justification for an ass whooping. and as alpha stated earlier, giving lip to any type of authority is just stupid.

so, i say thank you to the cop(s) that are just trying to do their job in protecting upstanding citizens who obey the law.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
i REALLY think the OP did something to piss off the cops. I mean CMON, think about it? Everybody here is saying "omg the cops did that for no reason omg they should pay" but nobody realizes that the OP was also doing 115mph which is, in the state of california, considered vehicular manslaughter and it's immediate jail time and impounding.

The cops dont just smash in all 4 of your windows for no reason, they would only do the drivers side to get the driver out. And think about this, there MUST have been more then 1 cop car because how can one cop smash in all 4 windows? Cops ride in pairs, no more. If they need backup, additional patrol cars will be called in. I'm thinking it was a high speed persuit that the OP isn't telling us, then he just wasn't cooperating.

Oh and the mase thing, they ONLY mase if you aren't cooperating or if your puttig up a fight. They don't mase for no reason.

what i want to hear is EXACTLY what the OP did. If he doesn't reply, he must have done something so bad that he doesn't feel proud of explaining his story.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
15% all around, 35% on the front winshield. guys, that is gonna make the car very dark. Kentucky allows only a small strip on the front winshield, 35% on the front sides and 18% on the back and rear windows. so, that tint is illegal as hell, not something most cops will ignore. then going 115 mph (or more). NO sympathy whatsoever. yeah, there is surely more to the story.

please tell me you are not all this dense before i make fitfreak a regular habit. i dont think i could handle it.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post537339

Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
This is why tuners and car people get a bad rap by cops. U were doing over 100mph on purpose on public roads to see what the car toped out at. Ur Ass derseves to go to jail that is what a track is for. And we wounder why we get pulled over when doing nothing wrong due to people like this. IF i was the cop i would also smash the car. In san diego thats what they do they samash the car into a little cube for going that fast. Ur lucky they cought u before u killed some one or urslef. Sorry about this guys i just hate when people do this and think that its ok to go that fast on public roads. Its not totaly not safe once again that is what a track is for. Try using it some time to see what the car tops out at.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
look on the bright side, his tint had a lifetime warranty.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cojaro
Wait, the windows weren't tinted! The glass is completely shattered, indicating that there was no film (i.e. tint) applied to it to keep it in bigger pieces like this:
?

Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
I think there is a lot more to this story than the TS is leading on to

if this was ClubRSX, you know we want pics of the chick in the reflection! but... since this is fitfreak, I'll restrain...
This.

Originally Posted by ken_vs_ryu
hey look you have 115 posts similar to the top speed of the fit...

are you losing your license?
I certainly hope so.

Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
This is what I figured, you can't blame them... if you can't see the person in the car who knows if they are sitting there with a weapon.

Sucks for the OP, this is a hard lesson for you.
Why wouldn't you already have your window down?

Originally Posted by FREAKnFIT
Bullsh**, If they didnt know if the person in the vehicle had a weapon and had a suspicion that he might, then why did they approach the vehicle in the first place without issuing a command over the loud speaker or by voice to either roll down the window or exit the vehicle with his hands up? Walking up to a vehicle and automaticaly bashing in the windows is a good way to have someone start firing a gun at you.

The only lesson he learned was that cops can use whatever force they feel like with no reprecussions, even if that force is over the top and uncalled for. Should he have been put in jail for doing double the speed limit? The law says yes. Should he have had his car trashed and him treated like a violent felon, absolutely not!!! And even if he was a violent felon, a cop who knew what he was doing and wasnt over zealous would have removed him from the car in a different manner at gun point. Looks like the backwoods sh*t azz mall cop wanted to teach a lesson to not speed in his backwoods town.

WE pay the police to uphold the law, not bash someones car in for speeding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M4io5Jo53o

Originally Posted by towelie
wow that sucks i would sue the city man u can money out of this go talk to a lawer thaty was un called for. yes u were speeding but that was not called fr by the cops as long as u pulled over when they fired up the lights and coaporated with them ur ok. that was just un called for id go talk to a lawer and sue the city
He broke the law to an incredible degree. Would you expect a drug dealer to reclaim his items after a drug raid? I wouldn't.

OP, how old are you?

Last edited by Goodguy-Fly; 02-18-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

dude that tint is dark as hell... if i was a cop pulling over a car doing 115 with tint like that i would think you've got drugs and a gun... do tell a more detailed story

Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member

dude that tint is dark as hell... if i was a cop pulling over a car doing 115 with tint like that i would think you've got drugs and a gun... do tell a more detailed story
That is very dark. What do people like about tint this dark?

Quick Reply: The saddest day of my Life