2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Alram Horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Alram Horn

I know everyone has replaced their normal Beep Beep horn, but I want to replace my alarm horn. It sounds like a squirrel getting kicked in the sack every time I look my car, and I cant stand it anymore. So I have two questions.

1. How do I get the drivers side headlight out? I removed the two bolts that I saw holding it and it still wouldn't budge. I know where the horn is located and I have my socket ready to pull the little piece of crap. Just cant figure out how to get the headlight out.

2. Are the alarm horn and the main horn on the fit the same pitch frequency? I just replaced the Beep Beep horn with one from an 09 accord and it sounds much better. But I was wondering if the main horn is a deeper tone than the alarm horn and if it wouldn't sound a bit deeper. If not I will either order a dual horn kit or go get the higher toned horn from the accord.

Please help. Any info will be appreciated. I'm tired of my alarm sounding like I just stepped on Gilbert Gottfried's Testicles.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I would love an Aflackkk horn.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I was curious if you could change the alarm horn to the beeping noise like from an Acura TSX?

Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by concorde
1. you don't need to take the headlight out... if you've taken the two bolts out, just pull on it a little harder. the black paint was probably sprayed on really thick. mine was.

2. i have no clue. i'm not thrilled about the alarm horn sounding wimpy either, but i can live with it. it's the "real" horn that needs to be heard loud and clear..
1. I either have to pull the headlight or the front bumper to get to the alarm horn. Hoping one of the guys that works at a dealership might have some insight.

2. I Wouldnt be so worried about the sound of the alarm horn either, but I work in a rather rough part of town, and if I hear one more hood rat or hill Billy comment that my car sounds less than hetero I wont be on for a while for catching an assault charge. Also hoping for some insight from some of the techs from Honda places.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by concorde
1. i took mine out and back in without taking anything else apart.. but ok.
Right on. Thank s Concorde.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
I am definitely interested in this project/upgrade as well. I would prefer the TSX sound or something similar...keep us updated on what you were able to do. Good luck!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
I have been in a holding pattern for a couple days as priorities have switched to not getting fired from my job and selling my other car. Also it has been snowing all week and as much as I love working on my cars, I don't like doing it when its below freezing. I am also still trying to find out if the main and alarm horn on the GE are the same tone. I haven't been able to get a solid answer so far. Will update when I figure it out.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Bump... Will be Updating when I receive the new Access Dual Horn Kit. Looking at the diagrams on bernardis, I think I may have to pull the bumper to remove the headlight. It looks like there are four bolts in the headlights and I cant find two of them, assuming they are behind the bumper. Any of you guys working at dealerships, feel free to chime in on this situation.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
You could get an aftermarket alarm with siren that *chirps*

Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
While on the subject of upgrading your stock horn, I'll recommend Fiamn
Grande electric horns. You can buy them from Amazon.com for about $20.00. They sound great!

Amazon.com: FIAMM 74100 El Grande - Twin Horns - Red: Automotive

Last edited by Benggolf; 03-16-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
While on the subject of upgrading your stock horn, I'll recommend Fiamn
Grande electric horns. You can buy them from Amazon.com for about $20.00. They sound great!

Amazon.com: FIAMM 74100 El Grande - Twin Horns - Red: Automotive
Yeah I had read about these and decided against them just because I would rather buy something JDM. I know I am a whore. Do I have to pull the bumper to take out my headlight. I cant get the damn thing out.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, you do have to remove the bumber before you can take the 4 bolts out for the headlights.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
I will take a look at this tomorrow and see how much time its going to take to pull the front bumper. Will update with progress.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Progress u[pdate. If you have a sport and want to replace your alarm horn you just need a different honda horn assembly, a philips head screw driver, and a socket set.

Pull the drivers side fog light and feel around for bolt to alarm horn. Unbolt, unplug, replace, reattach, reinstall foglight. Takes Ten minutes, and is much easier than I made it out to be. I used the low tone Accord horn for my alarm horn and attached one of the bosch Horns for my Main. I am still waiting for pics so I can install the whole dual horn kit.
Me = Noob

Good luck. If you have questions let me know. Gotta Jet.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kittengolf
I used the low tone Accord horn for my alarm horn
I couldn't find any sound clips for the low tone Accord alarm horn, does anyone have a clip of this being used as an alarm? Kittengolf can you share the Honda P/N you used?

I really want something like the Lexus alarm sound, if anyone can find something most similar to this, I would swap it out in a heartbeat. Basically it's not a horn sound at all, but more an electronic beep sound, very pleasant. Here is a clip of what I'm looking for, one beep is lock, two is UNlock, ignore the rest of the clip, it's pretty annoying....

YouTube - Lexus GX470 Chrome Grill Alarm Light LED Oznium

If anyone knows of an alarm horn similar to this which will plug into the GE, please let us know, thanks!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
I will get that part number for you on Sunday afternoon when I get back to Ohio.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Accord high horn for Alarm

Instead of removing the stock alarm horn, I used a bolt hole located just below the battery ground. I had to bend the horn mount 90 deg to make it fit, but much easier then trying to get to the stock alarm horn bolt (yes, I did try that first). Works, easy to install and easy to remove and swap back to factory if you're worried about warranty. Just one bit of advice....when you are ready to test it, make sure you close the hood or the alarm does not beep since a door is still open. I learned this the hard way

BTW, I used the 09 Accord High horn, part # 38150-TA0-A01 for the alarm and 38100-STK-A02 Low horn for the "get-out-of-my-way" horn. Both plug-and-play