2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Looking for video/pics of iPod interface in 2nd Gen FIT

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Looking for video/pics of iPod interface in 2nd Gen FIT

Hello all,

I'm thinking about purchasing a Honda FIT sometime this year (deciding between the FIT, Yaris, and Matrix, actually), and one thing I'm really interested in is the stock iPod interface. I use my iPod for all my music listening in my car, and I always listen to music when I drive, so this is an important feature for me.

However, I've been having a really hard time finding videos and pictures of the actual interface (specifically using the navi alongside). Does anyone have the iPod interface with navigation, and if so, can you please post a quick video/pictures showing how it works? I would really, really, really appreciate it!

Thanks so much in advance,
Sheil

Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
CBX
By "interface" do you the connector for the iPod USB cable, or the on-screen graphical user interface on the Navi (screenshots)?

I don't have the Navi model, but wanted to clarify your request.

Welcome to FitFreak!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by CBX
By "interface" do you the connector for the iPod USB cable, or the on-screen graphical user interface on the Navi (screenshots)?

I don't have the Navi model, but wanted to clarify your request.

Welcome to FitFreak!
Sorry, should've been more specific. I meant the on screen graphical interface.

CBX, even if you don't have the navi, does the regular one-line display show artist name & album and song titles? How easy and quick is it to navigate through a large collection of music?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
I have navi...I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
CBX
Check this thread;
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-controls.html

The biggest complaint seems to be the inability to fast-scroll through the 'Artists' list. I ended up listening to a lot more Beatles than ZZ Top. Well, I would anyway! My collection is a bit over 6000 songs, and hundreds of artists.

The display can be set to show the ID3 tag info for folder (album), artist, or track name (song title). A button press will toggle among these.

Most of the time I just play music from an 8GB pen drive, which is just under a quarter of my library. One idiosyncracy there is the songs within a folder (album) will be played in alphabetical sequence. I mostly keep it set for random track play.

I believe the Navi displays six artists per screen when you are scrolling through them.

Probably the majority of my music listening is XM Radio via my Garmin GPS fed through the auxiliary input. It can also play MP3s from internal flash memory or an SD card. These options are also available on my touring motorcycle.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:34 PM
As soon as I get mine to work, I'll take pics and post them here (unless someone beats me to it).

I'm not sure what kind of iPod you're packing, but I just learned that I was due for an upgrade (4th gen "classic"), so I quickly sold on eBay and ordered a 6th gen.

As it stands, my display will just show "Unsupported" - don't think you want a pic of that.

Also, you don't want a Yaris! The Yaris and the Matrix ranked #21 and #29, respectively, amongst the top 35 affordable small cars for '09.

Guess which was #1?

Best Affordable Small Cars - Best Cars & Trucks - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews (consolidation of all published reviews, test drives and ratings)

Old 02-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by CBX
Check this thread;

The biggest complaint seems to be the inability to fast-scroll through the 'Artists' list. I ended up listening to a lot more Beatles than ZZ Top. Well, I would anyway! My collection is a bit over 6000 songs, and hundreds of artists.

The display can be set to show the ID3 tag info for folder (album), artist, or track name (song title). A button press will toggle among these.

Most of the time I just play music from an 8GB pen drive, which is just under a quarter of my library. One idiosyncracy there is the songs within a folder (album) will be played in alphabetical sequence. I mostly keep it set for random track play.

I believe the Navi displays six artists per screen when you are scrolling through them.

Probably the majority of my music listening is XM Radio via my Garmin GPS fed through the auxiliary input. It can also play MP3s from internal flash memory or an SD card. These options are also available on my touring motorcycle.

Hope this helps!
That helps a lot, actually. Part of the reason the navi looks attractive now is that it displays 6 artists at once. With my large music library (228 artists), that still means I'll need 38 button presses to move from my first artist to my last. That's not too bad. Plus, I'm like you: I'd rather listen to the Beatles than ZZ Top

By the way, good luck with your XM radio: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/te...1&ref=business. You better start crossing your fingers now that they don't liquidate by the middle of 2009. That debt will be impossible to pay off.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by superfriend
As soon as I get mine to work, I'll take pics and post them here (unless someone beats me to it).

I'm not sure what kind of iPod you're packing, but I just learned that I was due for an upgrade (4th gen "classic"), so I quickly sold on eBay and ordered a 6th gen.

As it stands, my display will just show "Unsupported" - don't think you want a pic of that.
That doesn't make any sense. The only large-capacity iPod Apple sells in 2009 is the 6th gen, and the 2009 Honda FIT doesn't support this iPod?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Satchel
I have navi...I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
Thanks a lot! CBX's link was good for info, but I'm still looking for pictures. I really appreciate it!

Sheil

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by CaptainBroccoli
That doesn't make any sense. The only large-capacity iPod Apple sells in 2009 is the 6th gen, and the 2009 Honda FIT doesn't support this iPod?
No, I have a 4th gen and am upgrading to a 6th gen so that it will work.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
CBX
Well, if they shut off my XM, that's almost another tankful per month for my Fit!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
I despise using the onboard camera flash, but this should help you out:
Name:  DSC_0805.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  47.0 KB
Name:  DSC_0807.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  41.9 KB
Name:  DSC_0809.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  85.5 KB
Name:  DSC_0810.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  78.8 KB
Name:  DSC_0814.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  77.2 KB

Last edited by Neebs; 02-11-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Neebs
I despise using the onboard camera flash, but this should help you out:
Nice pictures. I am sure the system works well on the Nav. But why does it have to be so damn ugly--the look of the buttons looks like someone just made their first winamp skin.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Goodguy-Fly
the look of the buttons looks like someone just made their first winamp skin.
Ha ha ha...very true. Thanks for the pictures Neebs. I've also been looking into installing an aftermarket in-dash navi system. Pioneer makes a pretty good looking system that, after installation and purchase of all accessories, would still be $500 less than buying it stock.

Still plenty of time to research, but thanks for all your help everyone!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
2009 Honda Fit

There are some short clips of my Fit's ipod interfact.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
My friend have a same setup with his iphone. i guess i dont need to post some more pic's

Old 02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by CBX
Check this thread;

Which button would that be? I don't have the nav and searching through albums is annoying?